Imperial Nomic: The Final Empire

Vote on the next Nomic theme!  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think the theme of the Imperial Nomic Sequel should be? Mark as many as you want.

• Scadrial (Era 2 Elendel)
    • Nalthis (Hallendren Court of Gods)
    • Roshar (Alethi Highprincedoms)
    • Roshar (Azish Bureaucracy)
    • Sel (Nobility in Post-Reod Arelon)
    • Sel (Factions in the Rose Empire)
    • Taldain (Lossandin Profession Heads)
    • Scadrial (Well of Ascension time period)
    • Scadrial (Immediate Post-Catacendre)
    • Cytoverse (Alien cultures in the Superiority)
    • Alcatraz (Free Kingdoms)
    • Reckoners (Epics in Newcago)

1 minute ago, Illwei said:

Hmm actually

Tasty Tasty Atium: A house may choose to consume 32 of their Atium in exchange for being able to counter the attack of 1 (1) Mistborn. this can only be done twice in the Houses's entire life.

Maybe pay 32 to convince the mistborn to turn around and attack its previous owner?

The Lord Ruler
ElectrumSavant 

NOBLE HOUSES
(570) - House Wafre (DoomStick, Danex Obligator, Mist Obligator)
(708) - House Relidan (Illwei): Lord Prelan
(94) - House Hollow (Kings_way)
(116) - House Aot (SirWolfe)
(256) - House Drab (Experience) 
(247) - House Somebody (Somebody From Sel) lotto winner

PENDING PROPOSALS 

2 hours ago, Illwei said:

I'll rewrite for come clarification:

A house may choose to consume 32 of your atium. in exchange for a  one (1) time use of an extra vote in the senate, which cannot be blocked, to use on someone else's proposal. (not able for use on your own house's proposal). You may consume Atium at most one (1) time on each separate page. You must state in Thread that you are doing this.

4 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Tasty Tasty Atium: A house may choose to consume 32 of their Atium in exchange for being able to counter the attack of 1 (1) Mistborn. this can only be done twice in the Houses's entire life. You must state in thread that you are doing this.

2 hours ago, Doomstick said:

I would like to amend in the above way

Edited by Illwei
proposals

2 hours ago, Experience said:

Maybe pay 32 to convince the mistborn to turn around and attack its previous owner?

Nah, nah. Atium sees the future, so...ASHdsfjdkl I have so many Ideas I can't flesh them all out as much as I like...

I'm changing The Atium rules to be part of the black Market and I'm changing the black market entirely asjdfklsfhdkjl post coming soon

2 hours ago, Experience said:

Is there a favored house right now?

No Null was. no one else has been appointed. personally I think I've made some pretty good proposals....

Er, @Experience onion?

UNDER WORK:  not a proposal yet

7 - The Black Market

Establishing the Black Market: The black market is a shop where houses can buy things that would normally be "Against the Rules." With each purchase at the black market, people are taking a Risk. all RNG is done by TLR.

Mistborn for Hire - A mysterious Mistborn claims that they can help you, for a low price. no strings attached.
A house can pay 32 Atium to hire an Extra Mistborn. This mistborn does not abide by the rules of House Mistborns, so It can be hired whenever.  There is only one of them, so they can only be hired by one person at a time.
Unfortunately, this mistborn isn't a completely Trustworthy individual. With each time you hire him, there comes a 15% chance that he will betray you, and just run off with your money. 

Seer Spike: There is a man who tells you that for the low low one time payment of 32 Atium, he can make you a Seer.
A house can pay 32 Atium to be spiked, allowing them to, in the future, consume 1 of their Atium and either
 - be able to add an extra vote to yours in the Senate.
Unfortunately, this is frowned upon in the Senate, so every time there is a Senate vote, you have a 15% chance of losing your seat. 
 - Counter a Mistborn trying to attack you or stop your proposal
Unfortunately, the other Mistborn might also have Atium on them. There is a 50% chance of your counter not going through.

15 hours ago, Somebody from Sel said:

I propose that any further posts be in all caps or they forfeit .5 atium rounded up for every lowercase letter

This proposal has been Rejected by the Senate. You can see the votecount below..

Yea (1): Somebody
Nay (5): Relidan, Wafre, Drab, Aot, Hollow

Edited by Illwei
Senate vote

20 hours ago, Doomstick said:

(from rule 201)

I call for judgement!

Since the rule of peanut butter applies only to proposals, I can call for judgement on both of these.

Judgment

Rule 201 states that "The Census should include a list of all Active players and their current amount of Atium, the current roles, and any pending rule changes." Illwei was indeed missing the pending rule changes for the Page 16 Census. It should however be noted that failure to include a pending rule change is not included in Rule 203 The Rule of Census Mistakes, so rather than forfeiting 25% of their Atium, House Relidan is fined the standard fine. As for the Page 15 Census, Illwei did not include any pending rule changes because as far as I can tell, there were no rule changes pending at the time that Illwei posted that Census.

So, for Page 15's Census @Illwei of House Relidan is found Innocent and @Doomstick of House Wafre is fined 16 Atium (double fee for having a role. For Page 16's Census, Illwei of House Relidan is found Guilty and fined 16 Atium (standard*2), with House Wafre receiving 4 Atium as a reward.

10 hours ago, Doomstick said:
On 8/25/2020 at 11:37 AM, ElectrumSavant said:
  • 504- The Allomantic Agreement: Mistborn can only be used once per 3 pages. A House can use a Mistborn (at the same cost) to counter the effects of another Mistborn, but only up to an hour after the Mistborn is sent.

Approved.

10 hours ago, Doomstick said:

508- The Assassination Act: Multiple Houses working together can hire Mistborn to assassinate another House. It takes three Mistborn to take down a House. After a House is brought down, all their Atium is divided among the nobles that hired the Mistborn. A victim can hire Mistborn to cancel out other Mistborn. Other Houses can intervene, sending their Mistborn to aid the victim, but only up to a hour after the Mistborn is sent. A noble that is assassinated can continue to play, just loses all their Atium.

Approved.

10 hours ago, Illwei said:

You missed it with me yesterday as well, but mist of house wafre is an obligator. Shouldnt that mean that Doomstick is fined 16 Atium?

You're right, I should have fined both of you more than I did in some of the previous rulings. However, I'm just going to say that what is done is done and keep the fines from the original rulings, since Rule 407 forbids a single issue from coming to Judgment twice.

The Atium scores of the different Houses are getting higher and higher! I wonder if someone will hit 1,024 before the game runs out of time, or if we will have to go with whoever has the most!

Edited by ElectrumSavant
Brief comment on the Atium

Okay, I'm proposing this now because why not:
This kind of goes outside of actually proposing a law, but, uh, why not.

7 - The Black Market

Establishing the Black Market: The black market is a shop where houses can buy things that would normally be "Against the Rules." With each purchase at the black market, people are taking a Risk. all RNG is done by TLR.

Mistborn for Hire: A mysterious Mistborn claims that they can help you, for a low price. no strings attached.
A house can pay 32 Atium to hire an Extra Mistborn. This mistborn does not abide by the rules of House Mistborns, so It can be hired whenever.  There is only one of them, so they can only be hired by one person at a time.
Unfortunately, this mistborn isn't a completely Trustworthy individual. With each time you hire him, there comes a 15% chance that he will betray you, and just run off with your money. 

Seer Spike: There is a man who tells you that for the low low one time payment of 32 Atium, he can make you a Seer.
A house can pay 32 Atium to be spiked, allowing them to, in the future, use abilities by burning some of their Atium.

Seer Abilities: Abilities may only be used once per instance. (ie. Per vote in the Senate, Per Mistborn attack) 
 - Burn 1 Atium and be able to add an extra vote to yours in the Senate. Unfortunately, this is frowned upon in the Senate, so every time there is a Senate vote, you have a 15% chance of losing your seat. 
 - Burn 1 Atium and be able Counter a Mistborn trying to attack you or stop your proposal
Unfortunately, the other Mistborn might also have Atium on them. There is a 50% chance of your counter not going through.

Guest Somebody from Scadrial

I propose a new ruling 

Each houses mistborn has 16 health and if a mistborn "fights" another mistborn they both lose 4 health if somebody assists the first one the loss of health is divided between the two mistborn and the defending mistborn loses 6 health with it being divided evenly for every consecutive mistborn and if the numbers are uneven the majority goes to the first mistborn so somebody attacks another person defends another person aids the attacker another person aids the defender another person aids the attacker the first mistborn gets 2 health lost the other two get 1 health lost each and the defending mistborn each get 4 health deducted (4 for the first attacked 2 for each consecutive mistborn) 

(Same proposal) Dying and getting injured if I mistborn gets 0 or less health the "die" and the next time a house decides to use a mistborn they must pay a additional 4 atium (to snap a new mistborn) to get injured means to have between 1 and 4 health and it means that mistborn cannot be used for 4 pages instead of 3 to "heal"

8 hours ago, Illwei said:

7 - The Black Market

Approved. For superior work in rule proposal, I am awarding @Illwei the role of Favored House.

Mistborn for Hire: A mysterious Mistborn claims that they can help you, for a low price. no strings attached.

Approved.

A house can pay 32 Atium to be spiked, allowing them to, in the future, use abilities by burning some of their Atium.

Approved. Might I suggest that there be other kinds of spikes available for purchase, granting different abilities? Naturally, there would be a limit to the amount of spikes a player could have.

Seer Abilities: Abilities may only be used once per instance. (ie. Per vote in the Senate, Per Mistborn attack) 
 - Burn 1 Atium and be able to add an extra vote to yours in the Senate. Unfortunately, this is frowned upon in the Senate, so every time there is a Senate vote, you have a 15% chance of losing your seat. 
 - Burn 1 Atium and be able Counter a Mistborn trying to attack you or stop your proposal

Approved. If the Seer burns Atium in response to an attack within an hour of the attack, the fight will remain unresolved until I do the RNG and declare the winner.

6 hours ago, Somebody from Sel said:

Each houses mistborn has 16 health and if a mistborn "fights" another mistborn they both lose 4 health if somebody assists the first one the loss of health is divided between the two mistborn and the defending mistborn loses 6 health with it being divided evenly for every consecutive mistborn and if the numbers are uneven the majority goes to the first mistborn so somebody attacks another person defends another person aids the attacker another person aids the defender another person aids the attacker the first mistborn gets 2 health lost the other two get 1 health lost each and the defending mistborn each get 4 health deducted (4 for the first attacked 2 for each consecutive mistborn) 

(Same proposal) Dying and getting injured if I mistborn gets 0 or less health the "die" and the next time a house decides to use a mistborn they must pay a additional 4 atium (to snap a new mistborn) to get injured means to have between 1 and 4 health and it means that mistborn cannot be used for 4 pages instead of 3 to "heal"

Abstain. This seems like a lot to keep track of, and is honestly bending my mind trying to understand it. However, I'm not going to reject it outright.

On 8/25/2020 at 9:37 AM, ElectrumSavant said:

504- The Allomantic Agreement: A house can only use their Mistborn once per 3 pages. A House can use a Mistborn (at the same cost) to counter the effects of another Mistborn, but only up to an hour after the original Mistborn was sent.

I propose that rule 504 be amended as such, as otherwise it could be argued that if one house uses a Mistborns, nobody can use a Mistborn for the next three pages, and then that makes Assassinations impossible. 

507- The Act of Union: Players can join another house, adding their Atium totals and making it so if one wins, the other wins. if they want to split back into separate houses later, Atium is distributed evenly based on the amount of Players in each part (so if a 4 Player Union was split into 2 & 2, each half would get half, but if it was split into 1 & 3, the group with 3 players gets 3/4 of the atium and the lone player gets 1/4). Alternatively, the House can decide internally how to split the Atium, and as long as all players say they are satisfied, the split is legal. Both players must agree to the House merger, and limits on Mistborn still apply to Houses, not individuals. Each House only gets one vote in the Senate and a player may not second a proposal that was proposed by a member of their house. Not all houses may be allied at once, as that would allow all players to achieve victory at once. 

I propose that rule 507 is amended as such, so that if a house wishes to completely disband, and make it as if they never happened, they can have all the players return to their original amount, instead of the person who formerly had the most Atium losing some just because the house is splitting. 

010- The Withdrawal Act: Any existing House may choose to permanently Withdraw from the game. Withdrawal is defined by the intentional and permanent renouncement of all future presence and activity by a House. Withdrawn players may rejoin the game, but they are to be treated as new players forming a completely new House with no ties or connections to the Withdrawn House. A House shall declare their intent to withdraw by publicly announcing "I/We, House [House Name], declare that we permanently and irrevocably have chosen to Withdraw from the game, with full understanding that House [Name]'s Atium reserves shall be wiped, and any attempt at rejoining will be treated as forming a new House without any prior activity in the game." The moment the Lord Ruler publicly recognizes the Declaration of Withdrawal by posting "The Withdrawal of House [House Name] has been noted.", the Withdrawn House is no longer considered to exist.

I propose rule 10 be amended as so, because this really should be the Lord Ruler’s duty, otherwise the High Prelan could never acknowledge someone leaving, and argue that they are still in the game. 

4 hours ago, Danex said:

504- The Allomantic Agreement: A house can only use their Mistborn once per 3 pages. A House can use a Mistborn (at the same cost) to counter the effects of another Mistborn, but only up to an hour after the original Mistborn was sent.

Approved.

4 hours ago, Danex said:

507- The Act of Union: Players can join another house, adding their Atium totals and making it so if one wins, the other wins. if they want to split back into separate houses later, Atium is distributed evenly based on the amount of Players in each part (so if a 4 Player Union was split into 2 & 2, each half would get half, but if it was split into 1 & 3, the group with 3 players gets 3/4 of the atium and the lone player gets 1/4). Alternatively, the House can decide internally how to split the Atium, and as long as all players say they are satisfied, the split is legal. Both players must agree to the House merger, and limits on Mistborn still apply to Houses, not individuals. Each House only gets one vote in the Senate and a player may not second a proposal that was proposed by a member of their house. Not all houses may be allied at once, as that would allow all players to achieve victory at once. 

Approved.

4 hours ago, Danex said:

010- The Withdrawal Act: Any existing House may choose to permanently Withdraw from the game. Withdrawal is defined by the intentional and permanent renouncement of all future presence and activity by a House. Withdrawn players may rejoin the game, but they are to be treated as new players forming a completely new House with no ties or connections to the Withdrawn House. A House shall declare their intent to withdraw by publicly announcing "I/We, House [House Name], declare that we permanently and irrevocably have chosen to Withdraw from the game, with full understanding that House [Name]'s Atium reserves shall be wiped, and any attempt at rejoining will be treated as forming a new House without any prior activity in the game." The moment the Lord Ruler publicly recognizes the Declaration of Withdrawal by posting "The Withdrawal of House [House Name] has been noted.", the Withdrawn House is no longer considered to exist.

Approved.

510- The Starting Bonus Act: The starting amount of Atium for new players shall be the median of all other active players' balances. Choosing to accept this starting bonus means that the new player cannot join another House unless at the time of joining they have posted at least once in each of the two previous pages.

I propose that we amend rule 510 in this way. As the game is drawing to a close, and people are forming bigger houses, this gap seems a bit too long.

Just now, Danex said:

I propose that we amend rule 510 in this way. As the game is drawing to a close, and people are forming bigger houses, this gap seems a bit too long.

I think you noticed that as the game draws to a close people get more active. Experience Joined three pages back, a few days ago.

23 hours ago, Danex said:

510- The Starting Bonus Act: The starting amount of Atium for new players shall be the median of all other active players' balances. Choosing to accept this starting bonus means that the new player cannot join another House unless at the time of joining they have posted at least once in each of the two previous pages.

Rejected. New players are allowed to claim Atium equal to the current median, which is in the 200s at this point. This seems like a generous enough starting bonus.

2 Days, 22 Hours, 21 Minutes Remaining!

Guest Somebody from Scadrial
On 10/16/2020 at 0:01 AM, Somebody from Sel said:

I propose a new ruling 

New: 

(Same proposal) Dying and getting injured a mistborn gets 0 or less health they "die" and the next time a house decides to use a mistborn they must pay a additional 4 atium (to snap a new mistborn) to get injured means to have between 1 and 4 health they have to wait three pages to recover however if they have more than 5 health they can be used as soon as the next page comes around 

Ok so my reasoning for this is to make using mistborn more strategic and less go attack there oh you got blocked ok this would probably be something that rarely came into effect but I think it could be amended in the above way to make it add more it also serves to make it harder to 'kill" a house

I would also like to leave house Wafre with 100 Atium 

all parties involved in this disbanding are satisfied with the split 

House IGHTEJYW is sending a Misborn (1/3) to assassinate Illiwei of House Relidan. 

Edited by Danex