ElectrumSavant

Imperial Nomic: The Final Empire

Vote on the next Nomic theme!   10 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think the theme of the Imperial Nomic Sequel should be? Mark as many as you want.

• Scadrial (Era 2 Elendel)
    • Nalthis (Hallendren Court of Gods)
    • Roshar (Alethi Highprincedoms)
    • Roshar (Azish Bureaucracy)
    • Sel (Nobility in Post-Reod Arelon)
    • Sel (Factions in the Rose Empire)
    • Taldain (Lossandin Profession Heads)
    • Scadrial (Well of Ascension time period)
    • Scadrial (Immediate Post-Catacendre)
    • Cytoverse (Alien cultures in the Superiority)
    • Alcatraz (Free Kingdoms)
    • Reckoners (Epics in Newcago)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

532 posts in this topic

On 9/7/2020 at 2:18 PM, Doomstick said:

So after 24 hours someone can say “the vote is over”

this way, people who have not voted in the 24 hour period’s votes count if someone forgets to end it

I am amending this to be 48 hrs

I am running to be chancellor

1 hour ago, ElectrumSavant said:

Alright, @Doomstick. I accept that further clarification would be useful. I'm going to clarify the rules so that in cases that apply to both proposals and amendments, the group term "rule changes" is used instead. That counts up to... 10 different rule clarifications. That means that you earn 100 Atium total from this clarification.

you should appoint me favored house for this

Edited by Doomstick

HOUSE RELIDAN'S STILL OFFICIAL CENSUS
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Lord Ruler
ElectrumSavant 

NOBLE HOUSES
(354) - House Relidan (Illwei): High Prelan
(
285) - House Wafre (DoomStick)
(185) - House Soliel (The_Truthwatcher): Inquisitor
(99) - House Ightejyw (Danex)
(85) - House Tellen (Negative_Null): Favored House
(78) - House Hollow (Kings_way)
(69) - House Otter (Chinkoln)
(65) - House Mist (Mist) Obligator
(16) - House Aot (SirWolfe)
(26) - House Fura (Furamirionind)
(15) - House Ethorris (Matrim's Dice)
(10) - House Fadran (Channelknight Fadran)

PROPOSALS
Doomstick - 48 hours minimum

ELECTION for the CHANCELLOR:
   Illwei

Spoiler

5f592bf2d88b0_VOTEHOUSERELIDAN!.thumb.jpg.0fc5d51cce88d20508135fa409923013.jpg

DoomStick

Edited by Illwei

I propose that there should be 48 hrs until someone can end the vote in the senate

Edited by Doomstick

I suggest that the High Prelan also count the votes for the chancellor election in a more casual census that will be displayed more frequently.

Wait a sec, Relidan can’t even run for Chancellor, wasn’t it the rule that the senate is all players that don’t already have a role? It doesn’t say that in the rules, but I swear that was a thing originally. 

On 8/25/2020 at 9:37 AM, ElectrumSavant said:

302- The Senate Charter: The Senate is made up of all Active Noble Houses. Any rule change can be seconded by a Noble. Once seconded, it will simultaneously go to the Lord Ruler and to the Senate. A rule change can be passed by either group. The Senate must pass it by 2/3 vote. The 2/3 vote is based on the total number of votes among the Nobles, rounded up. If a rule change is accepted or rejected by the Senate before the LR, then the rule change is law and the LR can't accept or reject it afterward.

ammend to to total number of votes cast

27 minutes ago, Danex said:

I suggest that the High Prelan also count the votes for the chancellor election in a more casual census that will be displayed more frequently.

Wait a sec, Relidan can’t even run for Chancellor, wasn’t it the rule that the senate is all players that don’t already have a role? It doesn’t say that in the rules, but I swear that was a thing originally. 

Hey, yo, I made the Chancellor position and thought I specifically said that you can hold another position and the Chancellor, as the chancellor is basically a volunteer role :P, as no moneys is ever given to the Chancellor.

However someone with a role (couch, me, couch) is probably less likely to be elected. 

I still very much very much want to be the role, as I enjoy doing things like that/housekeeping things :P. so uh, Vote Relidan for your next Chancellor!!!

EDIT: what? no, the Senate is all Noble houses? 

Edited by Illwei

then i withdraw my nomination of myself and vote Relidan as chancellor

2 minutes ago, Doomstick said:

then i withdraw my nomination of myself and vote Relidan as chancellor

er, because why? because no moneys?

or was it my beautiful flyer that convinced you? :P.

Edited by Illwei

yes

15 hours ago, Danex said:

Just to clarify, let me do some background:

A while ago, there were two different proposals that suggested the creation of a legislative body called the "Senate". The first, by Danex, proposed a Senate made up of all players without a role, that could overturn the LR's decision with a unanimous vote. The second, by Negative_Null, proposed a Senate made up of all players with a positive amount of Atium, with that could pass a rule change with a 3/4 vote. I shall term these the Ightejyw Plan and the Tellen Plan.

Under the Ightejyw Plan, roles were not allowed to participate in the Senate. But in the Tellen Plan, having a role meant that you earned an extra vote in the Senate. I approved the Tellen Plan and not the Ightejyw Plan. Over time, the rule that gave an extra vote to players with roles was removed, and the 3/4 vote was reduced to a 2/3 vote, but at its core it remains the Tellen Plan. As a result, Houses Relidan, Soliel, Tellen, and Mist are all in the Senate.

TL;DR @Danex It was a thing in the original proposal that the Senate was just for players originally in the Senate, but that wasn't the proposal that ended up getting accepted.

I vote for house Relidan.

19 hours ago, Illwei said:

HOUSE RELIDAN'S STILL OFFICIAL CENSUS
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Lord Ruler
ElectrumSavant 

NOBLE HOUSES
(322) - House Relidan (Illwei): High Prelan
(
285) - House Wafre (DoomStick)
(185) - House Soliel (The_Truthwatcher): Inquisitor
(99) - House Ightejyw (Danex)
(85) - House Tellen (Negative_Null): Favored House
(78) - House Hollow (Kings_way)
(69) - House Otter (Chinkoln)
(65) - House Mist (Mist) Obligator
(26) - House Fura (Furamirionind)
(15) - House Ethorris (Matrim's Dice)
(10) - House Fadran (Channelknight Fadran)

PROPOSALS
Doomstick - 48 hours minimum

ELECTION for the CHANCELLOR:
   Illwei

DoomStick

I Call for Judgment on House Relidan for rule 203 - The Rule of Census Mistakes

House Aot (SirWolfe) has not been included in the census. I believe I should have 10 atium, after the Withdrawal Act was accepted. (Sorry Illwei)

Edited by SirWolfe

"I, House Ethorris, declare that I permanently and irrevocably have chosen to Withdraw from the game, with full understanding that House Ethorris's atium reserves shall be wiped, and any attempt at rejoining will be treated as forming a new House without any prior activity in the game."

I also gift my atuim to Doomstick.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

3 hours ago, SirWolfe said:

House Aot (SirWolfe) has not been included in the census. I believe I should have 10 atium, after the Withdrawal Act was accepted. (Sorry Illwei)

Ah! yes! thank you! you infact have 16 for an accepted proposal. (ignore the fact that it's bolded. it won't let me unbold for some reason..
was the rule changed so that anyone could catch my mistakes? or that just the inquisitor?

Edited by Illwei

21 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Ah! yes! thank you! you infact have 16 for an accepted proposal. (ignore the fact that it's bolded. it won't let me unbold for some reason..
was the rule changed so that anyone could catch my mistakes? or that just the inquisitor?

Thanks!

I'm not actually sure, but I combined the 203- The Rule of Census Mistakes with rule 401- The Judicial Act, which allows player to accuse another player for violating a rule. 

Rule 203:

If a High Prelan miscounts, omits a player, omits a house, omits a title, or omits the current Lord Ruler in a census they must forfeit 25% of their Atium. This is for official censuses, which list all players and their Atium. If you accidentally get ninja'd though (like if you were typing at the same time that someone else posted something), then this won't apply.

Rule 401:

If rules come into conflict with each other or a player violates a rule, a player may Call For Judgment. If this happens, the Lord Ruler will determine the proper interpretation of the rules, and may award or take away Atium. The Lord Ruler can fine a house up to 10 Atium for failing to follow rules. To officially Call for Judgment, a player must Bold and color orange to make it easier for TLR to identify them. (ie. "I think this is in violation of rule 201, so I Call for Judgment"

------

Edited by SirWolfe

24 minutes ago, SirWolfe said:

Thanks!

I'm not actually sure, but I combined the 203- The Rule of Census Mistakes with rule 401- The Judicial Act, which allows player to accuse another player for violating a rule. 

Well, in either case I rechecked my other numbers and found out some missing numbers and found out I had more money to lose than I originally thought!

However, I have a counter proposal for you. I will pay you 32 Atium to just drop this call for judgement. if it does go through you don't earn any Atium anyways, so this is a win-win! 

@SirWolfe

Edited by Illwei

ooh, Bribes!

@ElectrumSavant is that legal?

4 hours ago, SirWolfe said:

20 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Well, in either case I rechecked my other numbers and found out some missing numbers and found out I had more money to lose than I originally thought!

However, I have a counter proposal for you. I will pay you 32 Atium to just drop this call for judgement. if it does go through you don't earn any Atium anyways, so this is a win-win! 

@SirWolfe

Edited by Doomstick

1 minute ago, Doomstick said:

@ElectrumSavant is that legal?

@SirWolfe TLR has been tagged! your time to accept is running out! 32 Atium or none, your pick!

24 minutes ago, Illwei said:

@Illwei

Hmmm. Am I a corrupt House, or a truly Noble House? Or maybe something different? It's ironic, how your campaign's platform is "Responsible" and "Trustworthy" when you're actively trying to cover up your mistakes through bribery.

If I choose to press charges, I may or may not receive compensation from the Lord Ruler taken from a portion (as according to Rule 405 - the Compensation Act) of the 25% (Around 80 Atium) that you'd lose.

If I take your 'payment' I receive 32 atium, you don't lose anything other than that. But as this is a game where there can only be one winner, it's a strategic move to try and take you down by 25% with the possibility of reward, rather than allow you to keep your first place status with a definite reward that's a little less than 10% of what you'd lose. So, here's my say: I want 20% of your current atium, or else I continue to press charges. You don't lose as much as you could have, I receive a fair amount, and we walk away happy.

Better decide fast, cause I'll need time to react before TLR arrives.

Edited by SirWolfe

6 minutes ago, SirWolfe said:

Hmmm. Am I a corrupt House, or a truly Noble House? Or maybe something different? It's ironic, how your campaign's platform is "Responsible" and "Trustworthy" when you're actively trying to cover up your mistakes through bribery.

If I choose to press charges, I may or may not receive compensation from the Lord Ruler taken from a portion (as according to Rule 405 - the Compensation Act) of the 25% (Around 80 Atium) that you'd lose.

If I take your 'payment' I receive 32 atium, you don't lose anything other than that. But as this is a game where there can only be one winner, it's a strategic move to try and take you down by 25% with the possibility of reward, rather than allow you to keep your first place status with a definite reward that's a little less than 10% of what you'd lose. So, here's my say: I want 20% of your current atium, or else I continue to press charges. You don't lose as much as you could have, I receive a fair amount, and we walk away happy.

20% of my atium is 70, and I am willing to offer 64.

Edited by Illwei

2 minutes ago, Illwei said:

20% of my atium is 70, and I am willing to offer 64.

I will accept for thematic purposes.  I DROP MY ACCUSATION.

And if I am accused of wasting TLR's time, I will ask of you this: Have wasted TLR's time, or was it Doomstick that wasted TLR's time by calling him in? (I'm a very backstabby person.)

Edited by SirWolfe

56 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Ah! yes! thank you! you in fact have 16 for an accepted proposal. (ignore the fact that it's bolded. it won't let me unbold for some reason..

I call for judgement on the same grounds as the dropped accusation, the quoted post as well as the posts quoted in my previous post are evidence if  Illwei and Wolfe hide their posts

Just now, Doomstick said:

I call for judgement on the same grounds as the dropped accusation, the quoted post as well as the posts quoted in my previous post are evidence if  Illwei and Wolfe hide their posts

I disagree that that's allowed anymore, as the census post has been fixed since then. I'm fine with it going through.

2 minutes ago, Doomstick said:

Thank you (sorry Illwei, I forgot to tell you that anyone could have picked up the accusation. :P). Though worry not, Doomstick, I shall not hide my post. Why would I?

Though, Illwei's also right. They've fixed the problem, so is it truly legal to do so again?

Edited by SirWolfe