Personality Types

Chinkoln

What is your personality type?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What is your personality type?

Guest Somebody from Scadrial
2 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Mine fits me pretty well, but I'm not as spontaneous as it said.

You're probably a main character from a different story than the one they based the description off of :P

38 minutes ago, Condensation said:

*bursts out in tears*

That used to make me cry so much, but I reread it recently and felt like nothing.

I've read that scene without crying 1/14 times, and that one time was just because I was in school and didn't want to cry. It took a lot of effort to hold back the tears.

36 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

I've read that scene without crying 1/14 times, and that one time was just because I was in school and didn't want to cry. It took a lot of effort to hold back the tears.

Okay. For me, that's the end of Mockingjay. Just bawling when I finish the series at 11. :ph34r:

Why didn't i find this in seventh grade? I went through this phase where I did extensive research on the MBTI, and it's SO INTERESTING.

I'm an INFJ, by the way, although i have a few traits that would fit the INFP category. 

Some things I learned:

1. The scores are determined using percentages. If you get a percentage really close to 50 in any of the categories, look at both that personality type, and the one where the precentage is really close flipped. For example, if you get I (75%) N (75%) F (80%) J (56%), read the page for INFJ and INFP.
  2. This isn't a scientific test. It was created by a mother-daughter team with no science to back it up. However, the majority of the time it's super accurate for a lot of people. The people who don't for into any one grouping might fall smack dab in the middle of two or three personality types.
  3. People like putting themselves and others in groups. There's obvious ones, like race and gender and religion, and we use these to understand ourselves as well as other people. (I'm not saying this is bad, it's just super interesting). I think we do this to help ourselves process the world and people around us more easily, and what our place in life is. We shouldn't rely on these types of tests at all, really, but it's super interesting to see how we use them and apply them to ourselves and others, right next to these other things like race and gender and religion.

Those are just some random things I've learned or thought about over the past few years in regards to the MBTI. 

But seriously, don't rely on these tests for anything, really. They aren't scientific, it's super easy to get whatever result you want by just knowing what the different categories are, and they can cause a lot of issues. They can be super fun to analyze or to just take for fun. I'm not trying to dismiss that. Just be aware of how seriously you are taking your results.

6 hours ago, Condensation said:

Yeah, it's just for fun. I don't think anyone was taking this seriously. It's not like these should determine your job or something. :P

The reason I said that is because i know someone who knows someone who, based on her results, decided she should drop out of high school as a sophomore. I don't know what came of that or how she got to that conclusion, but... Yeah.

2 hours ago, Tesh said:

The reason I said that is because i know someone who knows someone who, based on her results, decided she should drop out of high school as a sophomore. I don't know what came of that or how she got to that conclusion, but... Yeah.

Yikes. What? How did that happen?

Warning: Do not do that. Or anything like it. Or take this thread seriously. Wow.

1 hour ago, Condensation said:

Yikes. What? How did that happen?

Honestly, I have no idea.

I have this really good friend I've known since I was seven, and she's one of those people who is friends with everyone And everyone tells her about their problems. I mentioned this specific personality test when I was doing all my research on it, and she told me about her friend. This might have been eighth grade, though, since she was in high school....

• 1 month later...

I'm an INTP, which definitely fits me. It's interesting how, while INTP is one of the less common types overall, it's the most common type in the poll, and the types in second and (tied for) third place are one step off from INTP. Perhaps INTPs and people with many similar traits are more likely to: a. browse this forum, b.take the test or have taken the test in the past, and c. post their results in the poll.

On 26.10.2020 at 4:25 AM, Ookla the Grammatical said:

Or take this thread seriously.

I would rephrase that to too seriously, because otherwise i sounds like it's a joke. It isn't, but it's also not serious enough to make your life decisions, apparently.

I'm INTP, the most common type around this forum, and also the type that dislikes being common. Some irony in there...

Is anyone bored enough to make the torus map that places all the removed-by-one types near each other? I think it'd help with accuracy. I myself found the ENTP type very close to me too, along with the result I got.

2 hours ago, The Worldookler said:

Is anyone bored enough to make the torus map that places all the removed-by-one types near each other? I think it'd help with accuracy. I myself found the ENTP type very close to me too, along with the result I got.

A 2x2x2x2 hypercube would probably be more accurate for that.

• 10 months later...

Private and Reserved – Virtuoso personalities are notoriously difficult to get to know. They are true introverts, keeping their personal matters to themselves, and often just prefer silence to small talk.

...Why is this under "Weaknesses?"

Well, I think they are saying that they have the potential to move from being a healthy introvert to an unhealthy recluse. There is a very fine line between being introverted to being closed right to all forms of interaction with others.

But I agree with you, normal introversion is by no means a weakness.