RoW Chapter 8 Discussion

Jofwu

Renarin the Truthmaker. God I just want to hug Kaladin, what the hell Moash.

But yay for Shallan's discovery, and recognising Moash has the Honorblade. Guess the "Moash infiltrates Urithiru and kills people" won't happen (til later where it'll hurt even more)

Shin wine and secret panel's hmm... She asks important questions. Veil who thought you would be a voice of reason? Distrust is sown. MOASH you manipulative worm! Feeding on Kal's weakness. How low can you be? Trying to turn him and for just a moment you almost succeeded. Powerful is this one in the ways of the Darkside of Rosharan magic!! Renarin with the save!! Excellent!! Lightweaving the truth out of him. FEAR HIM YOU SPINELESS CREMLING!! That is what you might have been!! That truth is lost to you!! Also yay for warning fabrials!

Damnation Damnation Damnation. That chapter was like a punch to the guts.

Renarin did Malatium allomancy

Warning fabrials are made out of bronze.

Off by a few degrees

Roshones death

Kaladin almost turning to Odium

Ash's eyes, what a chapter

Edited by The_Truthwatcher

Moash wants the whole world to burn to make himself feel better, allowing everyone else to suffer just so he won't have to.

What an absolute child. It's like people who were bullied as children and grow up to be placed in positions of authority (any form of it will do) and simply abuse it to their utmost ability because someone hurt them once.

Moash is a child who was hurt so now wants everyone else to hurt because he can't accept anyone being happy.

His grandparent's deaths were a convenient excuse, now with that excuse gone he shows the kind of person he really is, a person who doesn't want to make choices the right choices because the right choices will lead to people being happy. He can't accept that.

He almost made Kal just like him once, why not try again, why not try to destroy the mind and sanity of someone he claimed to be a friend just so he won't have to be so lonely in his 'guiltless' world. 

Wow what Renarin did was so much like what

Spoiler

the eleventh metal and gold do in Allomancy. Showing you an alternate version, someone you could have been. That is so cool!

And up until this point I really liked Moash as a character, I thought he was a cool villian. This was the first time I actually despised him. I mean I still think he's a great villian, but even him killing Elhokar didnt make me as angry and anxious as him trying to get Kaladin to kill himself.

And wow I just realized Kaladin felt light and warmth coming from Renarin, just like Dalinar keeps feeling in his weird dreams! I have no idea what it could be, but I bet it's the same thing!

Edited by Ciridae

So bronze does what we think it does.  I wonder if they have figured out copper yet. 

Wine made from grapes?  How ridiculous.

Renarin with the save again.  I wonder what that ability is.  It reminds me of an external version of electrum.

Renarin really is the Truthfinder.

Moash, the Anti Dalinar? I.e.

“No!” the real Moash screamed. “No! Take it! Take my pain!”

vs

“YOU CANNOT HAVE MY PAIN!” Dalinar bellowed, stepping toward Odium.

Sanderson, Brandon. Oathbringer: Book Three of the Stormlight Archive (S.1134). Tom Doherty Associates. Kindle-Version. 

Hmmm....

1) Wooo Ren was great. Although I wonder if he used an A gold like ability or just some lightweaving with some clever psychology to scare him and hurt him where he's most vulnerable but then kal felt that the light was warm and stuff. Reminds me of that epigraph saying how lightweavers provided spiritual sustenance.

2)   I really am beginning to love Moash as a villian.

It's easy for others to conclude he's weak and perhaps he is , but it's extremely painful and harsh to find ur way out of that depressive darkness.

U are more likely to break than find success. 

And the chance of success while glorious is slim and viable only after more pain. 

In a way moash really is trying to help kal . He isn't manipulating him , he truly believes it would be a mercy to kal. 

I don't agree with his actions but I won't hold it against him for believing and doing what he does. 

3).Man adolin thinks the real stuff is wierd huh. Lol 

4). And what the helll does shallan still have to acknowledge.  Did she kill her grandparents as well ?  

5). ALSO I'M SORRY BUT DID NO ONE READ THAT GAZ IS A LIGHTWEAVER SQUIRE IF NOT A TRUE RADIANT NOW. 

Edited by PrinceGenocide
A little polishing

6 minutes ago, Michael Portz said:

Moash, the Anti Dalinar? I.e.

vs

Hmmm....

I think that it's more a thing of having accepted Odium vs not. Moash has accepted Odium, and has therefore let Odium take his pain. Dalinar has not, which is why he says that.

Why does everyone keep saying Renarin’s illumination works like electrum? Electrum shows you your own future. It’s the “poor man’s atium”. Renarin’s ability works more like malatium. Anyway, what a crazy chapter! The Moash hate was boiling inside me the whole time. Don’t you dare hurt Kaladin like that!

Edited by The Ryshadium

6 minutes ago, Gderu said:

I think that it's more a thing of having accepted Odium vs not. Moash has accepted Odium, and has therefore let Odium take his pain. Dalinar has not, which is why he says that.

I think of it more of a differential view on their respective characters. Moash does not want to take responsibility for his actions AT ALL, whereas Dalinar found it UNTHINKABLE not to.

9 minutes ago, Innovation said:

Has Moash bonded with a painspren somehow?

7 minutes ago, Agent34 said:

Feels more like a gloomspren.

Just now, PrinceGenocide said:

More like apathy Spren 

Could be failure to accept that it is not ok to always blame people for your problem spren which is a distant cousin of the Freud spren that discovered it.

I am very unsatisfied!! I NEED MORE!!!

Such a tease, and I believe more than ever.  Moash NEEDS to die.  I always believed that he should probably die, unless he got some weirdo redemption arc, but I'm sorry.  Moash is way more dangerous than I ever thought he was.  He really needs to die.  I was so hoping Kaladin would be able to overcome his feelings, but... Ugh!! 

Dalinar, whatever you have done with Szeth, let him out.  We need someone that won't be affected by Moash's evil vibes to hunt him down and finish him!

Yay for Renarin though! Excited to see what his Voidish Illumination can do! Turn it around and make people see themselves as they are or could be in the Spiritual Realm! Talk about the ultimate guilt trip. 

And I really, really, really want to know more about the Shin! I've been waiting for 3 books to learn about them.  Please, please, please give me some juicy details Brando! I must know all!

I think Moash will either be killed or commit suicide some time in the future. Kaladin will kill him as a way to come to terms with the fact that he can't save everyone. "Save the ones you can save." It would be a mercy killing or a kill in the heat of battle. Alternatively, Moash could kill himself when he still hurts but can't come to terms with his pain. Either way, I do not see a way for Moash to survive the series.

14 minutes ago, The Ryshadium said:

Why does everyone keep saying Renarin’s illumination works like electrum? Electrum shows you your own future. It’s the “poor man’s atium”. Renarin’s ability works more like malatium.

21 minutes ago, ScadrianTank said:

Renarin made Moash see his alternative Spiritual self.

Reveal hidden contents

Like Allomantic gold.

Props to all who thought that his version of Illumination is a spiritual one!

Nice! I really have to check on my allomantic awareness ... somehow it seems to be on vacation ... :huh: