First Sanderson Book I Read: Alcatraz vs. the Evil Librarians

Most Anticipated Sanderson Book: The Aztlanian

Most Anticipated Cosmere Book: The Lost Metal

Character I Wish I Was: Elend Venture

Investiture I Want in Real Life: Zinc Compounder

Most Re-read Sanderson Book: The Rithmatist

Most Re-read Cosmere Book: The Alloy of Law

Favorite Cosmere Relationship: Vin & Elend

Favorite Moments: (Spoilers for Hero of Ages, Words of Radiance, and Oathbringer)

Spoiler

In Hero of Ages, the very end when Sazed takes the powers of Ruin and Preservation and saves the world, and everything ends SO PERFECTLY. It was BEAUTIFUL. And I think that Brandon did a really good job in Mistborn E2 of continuing the story on that world without taking away from the AMAZING ending that was Mistborn E1.

In Words of Radiance, the Lift interlude. As soon as Nale showed up I was SO SURE that Lift was going to die, and I was TERRIFIED. I've been reading fantasy and sci-fi books for a long time, and I almost never get that moment of terror when you actually, legitimately worry that the main character was going to die. Because obviously, the main character can't die with so much story left to go, right? But because it was just an interlude and not part of the main story, I realized that Brandon could totally kill this awesome character and it wouldn't upset his plans for the series at all. I was TERRIFIED. But then she LIVED! It was SO awesome and I was SO happy and excited, and now every time that Lift is mentioned in a Stormlight book I think about how I felt in that moment and it makes me happy. That, in addition to her just being a bubble of happiness in an otherwise super intense world, and the opportunity that we get to see her grow up as the series goes by, is why Lift is my favorite character.

In Oathbringer, it was when Dalinar was being tempted to become Odium's Champion. I had this horrible sinking feeling as I realized that "Oh no. Oh storms no. Brandon is going to do it. This whole book... it was preparing the readers for Dalinar's descent into evil! He's going to be the main villain, the main threat of the first 5-book arc! No, no, no! Please!". It was the same kind of feeling that I got when I was reading Lift's original interlude. And then, slowly, I extended a hope that maybe, just maybe, Brandon would spare Dalinar this fate... and then... and then HE DID! And it was so great! I was pumping my fists and smiling broadly.

So yeah. There you go.

Welcome to the Shard! What's your favorite worl-...  What's your favorite serie-...  What's your favorite charac- ...

Man you people always so prepared when you join! Gotta give us something to ask about c'mon :P

Lol glad to have you here! I'm sure I can think of something you haven't answered here give me a sec.... Ok as thorough as that list is I don't know that you ever actually answered favorite book??? I mean most re-read is basically it but technically.... lol

Ok I gotta say, 

On 8/24/2020 at 8:09 PM, ElectrumSavant said:

First Sanderson Book I Read: Alcatraz vs. the Evil Librarians

YESSSS! I applaud!! This was me and it honestly sparked my interest in Sanderson. Even tho they are YA targeted, I was just like these are so completely original and hilarious I have to read more by this guy! Easy upvote lol

Ok and I have some more advanced level questions here since you placed out of like every single normal one you darn overachiever!! 

- If you could change one event in the history of the Cosmere, which would you choose?

If you could create an alternate ending to any of Brandon’s books, which would you choose and what would it be?

- Out of all the Spren we have seen so far, who would you most desire to have bonded you?

Feel free to answer all or none lol just giving you something! Hope you enjoy your time here and welcome to the Shard!

Edited by Scout_Fox

@Scout_Fox some good questions these are. Let us see what answers we get. 

@ElectrumSavant welcome to the shard. I like it when someone comes prepared. Can not wait to see the same effort when you put it in your replies on the various forums. 
I noticed you have not answered any least favourite questions. So some of the most common ones are least favourite character, least favourite magic world ( you would not want to go to if you could) and most disliked character in cosmere. 

@Hentient Scadrial is my favorite planet both because I love the Mistborn series so much, and also because I love the way that the world has evolved over the two eras. Brandon has done a great job in Era 2 of expanding on everything that I loved about Era 1, and I feel like I really 'get' Scadrians. I really feel like I understand how their society and their religion works because I've been with them for 300 years. If I were a worldhopper, Scadrial would be my first place to see.

@Scout_Fox Favorite Sanderson Book: For an individual book, probably Alloy of Law.

If I Could Change a Cosmere Event: I would have let Elhokar live, or at least have some more redemption before he died

If I Could Create an Alternate Sanderson Ending: I would like Warbreaker's ending to have less unanswered questions. It felt like Brandon raised a lot of new questions towards the end that are going to take a long time to get answered.

Which Spren Would I Like To Bond: I really like Syl. She's fun, and is a good foil to Kaladin's moodiness.

@The Traveller Least favorite Cosmere character: Possibly Moash. C'mon, man, Kaladin tries so hard. Stop hurting him! I also really disliked Zane; he was my least favorite thing about The Well of Ascension.

Cosmere world I least want to visit: Threnody. It seems to be even more dangerous on average than the other Cosmere worlds, but without any of the cool stuff that would make me want to visit those other worlds.

Least favorite Sanderson Book: White Sand. I like the plot, characters, and worldbuilding fine, but the medium itself meant that the books are a lot shorter than I like, and several of the fight scenes left me confused as to what was going on.

3 hours ago, ElectrumSavant said:

@Scout_Fox Favorite Sanderson Book: For an individual book, probably Alloy of Law.

If I Could Change a Cosmere Event: I would have let Elhokar live, or at least have some more redemption before he died

If I Could Create an Alternate Sanderson Ending: I would like Warbreaker's ending to have less unanswered questions. It felt like Brandon raised a lot of new questions towards the end that are going to take a long time to get answered.

Which Spren Would I Like To Bond: I really like Syl. She's fun, and is a good foil to Kaladin's moodiness.

More answers yay!! I think this is becoming one of the most informative about me's yet :P.

Ok, Alloy of Law, huh, I like it. SO, most re-read Cosmere book does fit! 

Hmm yeah letting Elhokar live would have made for an interesting plot twist, good choice! You wonder what he would have been able to accomplish had he lived...

Alright, there definitely were a few new questions that came up I agree. At the same time tho it is setting it up for another novel which will hopefully be as, if not even more, amazing! :D

Like this one the best lol! I would choose Syl as well she definitely seems the most engaging and interesting. This might be partly because we've seen more of her  but at the same time idk her personality and view of the world is quite fun and upbeat. She seems like she would make a great Spren to bond with!

Alrighty well if we did have an information quiz I think you passed, wow! Nice to have you here and hope you enjoy your time! Welcome to the Shard!