Novellas We'll Never See

Use the Falchion

1 hour ago, Use the Falchion said:

I mean, it was originally it was a trilogy, but it's been shortened to novellas. 

Ha! If the Cyberpunk trilogy does happen, I'll be happy. It'll mean that Mistborn would be a 16 book series when all is said and done! Pretty fitting, no?

I thought it was the 80s time period that was the second trilogy?

7 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

I thought it was the 80s time period that was the second trilogy?

It was originally the second trilogy. Wax & Wayne was supposed to be Mistborn 1.5. But that confused a lot of people, so W&W eventually became Mistborn Era 2 and the '80s thriller trilogy aka the Modern Mistborn Trilogy is now Mistborn Era 3. Next we have the potential cyberpunk stories, and finally the Space Opera. So it may look like: 

Mistborn Era 1 (3 books)

Misborn Era 2: Wax & Wayne (4 books)

Mistborn Era 3: '80s thriller (3 books)

Mistborn Era 4: Cyberpunk (3 books)

Mistborn Era 5: Space Opera Crossover (3 books) 

The more likely result is that the Cyberpunk books will just be novellas, since Brandon really doesn't have time to write them as full books. But you never know. Wax & Wayne proved us wrong, and if something like Dawnshard occurs, where the length becomes technically novel-length, why not market it as a novel?

Just now, Use the Falchion said:

It was originally the second trilogy. Wax & Wayne was supposed to be Mistborn 1.5. But that confused a lot of people, so W&W eventually became Mistborn Era 2 and the '80s thriller trilogy aka the Modern Mistborn Trilogy is now Mistborn Era 3. Next we have the potential cyberpunk stories, and finally the Space Opera. So it may look like: 

Mistborn Era 1 (3 books)

Misborn Era 2: Wax & Wayne (4 books)

Mistborn Era 3: '80s thriller (3 books)

Mistborn Era 4: Cyberpunk (3 books)

Mistborn Era 5: Space Opera Crossover (3 books) 

The more likely result is that the Cyberpunk books will just be novellas, since Brandon really doesn't have time to write them as full books. But you never know. Wax & Wayne proved us wrong, and if something like Dawnshard occurs, where the length becomes technically novel-length, why not market it as a novel?

Ah, got it! Thanks for the clarification!

1. A story about whatever the hell Vax is. 

2. Something about the Lord Ruler's kids (cause we know he had them which boggles my mind)/The story of Alendi and Rashek in Classical Scadrial. 

3. The story of how Khriss and Nazh met. 

4. A novella about Nightside of Taldain. 

14 hours ago, Danthemystic said:

1. A story about whatever the hell Vax is. 

2. Something about the Lord Ruler's kids (cause we know he had them which boggles my mind)/The story of Alendi and Rashek in Classical Scadrial. 

3. The story of how Khriss and Nazh met. 

4. A novella about Nightside of Taldain. 

We might get the Vax one and Isaac might actually write 3. And we will get some Nightside Taldain eventually, even if it’s in a graphic novel.

5 hours ago, officiallyaninja said:

do you mean Wax? or is Vax someone else?

Secret History spoilers:

Spoiler

When Ruin died, in the cognitive realm he saw Kelsier and said “Vax...?” then died. We don’t know what, who, where, or anything at all about Vax.

Spoiler-free explanation:

Vax is a word somebody said once with no context and nobody knows what the heck it means, if it’s a person, place, object... big mystery.

45 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

Secret History spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

When Ruin died, in the cognitive realm he saw Kelsier and said “Vax...?” then died. We don’t know what, who, where, or anything at all about Vax.

Spoiler-free explanation:

Vax is a word somebody said once with no context and nobody knows what the heck it means, if it’s a person, place, object... big mystery.

It's a planet it's mentioned in Arcanum Unbounded

On 8/25/2020 at 2:31 AM, Realmatic Shadow said:

Tanavast walks into the bar  "Well about that beer I owe you..."

Tanavast: So, Cephandrius, have you decided on which Shard you'd like to take up in our little consortium? I've already bet on you taking Invention.

Hoid: I'm not so sure I want to do this.

Tanavast (incredulous): We're talking about godlike power. The power of divinity itself. Infinite power, knowledge, immortality! How can you say no to that?

Hoid: It has its attractions, but really, too many strings attached for me.

Tanavast: There's just no way you'll say that when it actually goes down on Shatterday Night.

Hoid: Wanna bet a beer? No... Make that two beers!