what would happen if Nightblood was left out in a high storm

Darontal

Not sure why this is in the RoW Thoughts forum... Did I miss something in the first eight chapters? :P

Besides, doesn't Nightblood suck up Investiture when wielded (held by hand), through the conduit of the person holding him?

• 1 month later...

This question has been asked a bunch of times before, we've got WoBs that Nightblood could collapse certain Perpendicularities as well as that the Stormfather is more Invested than Nightblood. We do see Nightblood's reaction to Dalinar's Perpendicularity in Oathbringer, he got drowsy. So, he's probably not gonna eat the Highstorm.

Questioner

What would happen if Nightblood was drawn inside of a perpendicularity?

Brandon Sanderson

It depends on the perpendicularity. It has a good chance of collapsing it.

Starsight Release Party (Nov. 26, 2019)

Questioner

You've previously said that Nightblood is the most powerful non-Shardic being in the Cosmere. Is he more powerful than the Unmade or Stormfather in terms of raw Investiture?

Brandon Sanderson

Raw Investiture? Here's the thing, when you say powerful, it can mean lots of different things. More raw Investiture than the Stormfather... probably not. Than the Unmade, probably. I would have to look, I don't have the numbers on this. But the Stormfather is very restricted in what he can do.

Orem Signing (March 16, 2019)