Cosmere Cinematic Universe Post-credit Scenes?

HipsterStick

So let’s say that- hypothetically- the Cosmere becomes a cinematic universe (Hereafter called they CCU), a la the MCU. MCU movies differ drastically in tone, plot, characters, and so on- but they all have at least two things in common:

1) There’s always a Stan Lee cameo somewhere in the film (not sure if this is gonna be the case going forward, considering- well, y’know...) 

2) They all have a post-credits scene that either sets up another movie, expands the universe, or gives the audience a good chuckle.

So without worrying too much about the logistics of the CCU actually happening- what would each of you do for post-credit scenes for each Cosmere movie? Some ideas (some spoilers, obviously).

Warbreaker

Spoiler

Vivenna/Azure is on the Honorspren ship, after she separates from the group in Warbreaker. Around her are several Fused corpses, a lot of destroyed cloth, and several Honorspren listening to her tell her story (i.e., the movie we just saw). She could say something cryptic about hunting Vasher/Nightblood, giving some kind of lead-in to a Warbreaker sequel.

Stormlight Archive

Spoiler

Each post-credits scene is just Wit’s obligatory epilogue. If the movies have more than one scene, the other could be a snippet of an interlude alluding to the Cosmere as a whole. For example, a post-credit’s scene for Way of Kings could be Demoux, Galladon, and that other Worldhopper guy talking to the Purelaker man they’ve hired to watch out for Hoid.

Spoiler

The extra post-credits scene for Words of Radiance would be The Stick just sitting on the beach. That’s it. Nothing else.

So, putting this out there- what post-credit scenes would all y’all put at the end of each movie?

20 minutes ago, Fezzik said:

@HipsterStick, did you mean Oathbringer with that first spoiler box?

Nah. The idea is that 

Spoiler

the Warbreaker movie is just Vivenna telling her story to the Honorspren. Kind of like how it’s implied in the Iron Man 3 post credits scene that Iron Man 3 is just Tony Stark telling his story to Bruce Banner. 

That could play in really cool ways with Secret History with things like

Spoiler

Kelsier‘s brief interaction with the Lord Ruler after both of their passing to hint that Kelsier’s still around and show that there are larger forces behind the scenes 

Or

Spoiler

At the end of Hero of Ages showing a montage of the surviving characters and their varying intrigue moves. Things like Spook and Kelsier planning how to get him a new body, Marsh getting Atium, Sazed giving new orders to the Kandra, etc. 

And you could do cool behind the scenes reveals like 

Spoiler

The Southern Scadrians. The thing I’d like to see most is how the Lord Ruler his the atium! I really like the theory that there’s a ton of atium off-world that was sold through the Pits or Hathsin so I’d love to see an Easter-egg post credit scene of the lord ruler alloying atium into cans or something!

I'm not entirely sure...for the Stormlight books, Wit's epilogues feel like the perfect post-credit scene. They're large enough to be meaningful, important enough to get people to wait to see them, and meta enough that they don't belong anywhere else. 

For the Cosmere as a whole, I think a single line from someone in the Spiritual Realm would be great. Or maybe even a whole conversation. Brandon would never have to reveal who was talking to who, and it'd be great. (Or if we knew one speaker, he doesn't have to specific the second person.)

I think Secret History would absolutely fill that role for the original trilogy. And “survive” at the end of BoM would be a perfect scene. 

On 8/24/2020 at 2:40 PM, Spren of Kindness said:

Elantris: Hoid.

I’m assuming you mean the tenth anniversary edition extra scene? Seconded. 

Emperor's Soul: Shai, in one of her Essence Mark disguises, reaches the city of the third large empire, observes them for a time, and begins carving a new Soulstamp.

Oathbringer: after Hoid's monologue, snippets of each of the Unmade, and the Sibling mixed in, over ominous music (perhaps one of the new rhythms), as Nightblood's voice whispers "Destroy evil!" over and over.

I love this! And Stick, man that act ually made me laugh out loud!

Hero of Ages naughty style:

Spoiler

Spook just chilling with his apparent harem

Warbreaker:

Spoiler

Susebron and Siri finally going to the mountains, maybe just sitting in a cozy cabin?

If you want a proper MCU post credit for Oathbringer:

Spoiler

All the Radiants sitting in a pub eating chouta in tha aftermath of the Battle of Thaylen Field!

Edited by Krox

20 hours ago, HipsterStick said:

Woah woah woah, wait.

What?

This is a thing?

Yeah! There's two pages of Hoid being Hoid by the perpendicularity next to Elantris. I'm not sure whether we're allowed to share that content on here, though? Mods, yes or no?

3 hours ago, AonEne said:

Yeah! There's two pages of Hoid being Hoid by the perpendicularity next to Elantris. I'm not sure whether we're allowed to share that content on here, though? Mods, yes or no?

Man, the description is good enough for me! That's awesome!!! And, the perfect end-credits scene.

5 hours ago, AonEne said:

I have the digital edition and never bothered to read past the Postscript, silly me...! Thanks <3