Brandon Sanderson Fan Club

So, 

There's an author I really like, he writes epic fantasy, but he's not super well known. I was curious, does anybody on the shard like Brandon Sanderson?

I haven't heard anything about him said, though.

If so: 

1. What's your favorite book?
  2. Who's your favorite character?
  3. When did you get introduced to Sanderson?

Please put all spoilers in spoiler boxes.

Thank You!

Ayyyyy my dude I thought I was the only fan in the entire US! It’s such a niche fandom, I don’t even think there’s a subreddit for it or any fan blogs. It’s a big mood. I love his Stormlight Archive series - you might not have heard of that one, I don’t know if it’s liked by many people? but yeah it’s great - and my favorite character is probably this minor character named Hoid. How about you? 

Just now, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Brandon Sanderson? Stormlight Archives? I don’t think I’ve heard of any of these...

Well he seems pretty interesting, and I’ve got nothing better to do after my fifth Wheel of Time reread. Got any recommendations on what book to start on?

I'm a big fan of his stormlight archive, mistborn, and Alcatraz vs. the Evil Librarians. Honestly Sanderson is a really great author, and with him it's hard to go wrong. 

Wait wait wait. 
0A275974-CD71-4F25-9010-CB11DEE5D4A3.thumb.jpeg.1b71dd8e6974166d7fc3621cf1a45850.jpeg
but seriously. Who is he?

I ordered this really cheap leather bound book frim this Tor.com. It’s like the Waving Kings or something. Do any of y’all know it? Also, I read the second book, the shining words, and the third, OathTaker. Has anyone else read these books?

51 minutes ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

Wait wait wait. 

but seriously. Who is he?

I ordered this really cheap leather bound book frim this Tor.com. It’s like the Waving Kings or something. Do any of y’all know it? Also, I read the second book, the shining words, and the third, OathTaker. Has anyone else read these books?

Yeah, 

I remember the book OathTaker! I thought it was like a #9 bestseller?

3 hours ago, The Awakened Salad said:

I can’t believe there are other people here who have read Brandon Sanderson! I thought I was the only one! Never expected to find other fans on this baking forum, 17th Scone. 

Spoiler

This is a problem it’s only 7:48 where I live and I’m already out of upvotes

I’m really confused??? I thought this guy was like... a one hit wonder? Mistbread was amazing but I tried looking him up and it had all these coppercloud site thingies but I couldn’t see inside of them soooo I kinda just assumed he was a one and done kind of author. 

Wailing Kings was it? I’ll look for it at Barnes and Noble but I’m not sure they’ll have such a small time author. 

No, I think it’s Walking Kings. It’s about a dude walking from one side of a continent to the next, I forget what continent but it was an absolute nightmare land so probably Australia. 

Edited by AonEne

Hey! my brother used to read him I think. I think I remember there being something about a guy named Hoid who cloned himself? and he had nine lives like a cat?

3 minutes ago, Frustration said:

Have any of you read, his Atlantis?

I kinda like it.

I thought it was called Adonis or something? idk it's been years since I've heard anyone talk about him.

I think he was about to do a Kickstarter? Not many people pledged, though, I heard it was almost seven something? Almost seventeen isn’t very many lol. That’s just sixteen, which doesn’t even mean anything.