48 minutes ago, FriarFritz said:

YES. Literally all I can say is yes lmao I saw this and I was like just like WOW.

I happened to find this by another YouTuber a bit back as basically the OG version of that. Since he contained it all to just the hilt in true lightsaber fashion instead of making a protosaber with an external power pack like the Hacksmith though the blade isn't as strong or controlled. Really interesting to see how he builds it tho because it's all self contained.

Edited by Scout_Fox

• 3 weeks later...

So I was talking with my friend the other day about the end of Rise of Skywalker. Spoilers

Spoiler

We were complaining about how Ray should not be able to call herself a skywalker because she literally was the cause of death for all of them. But then I realized, Because of that she earned the right to use the surname skywalker through right of conquest.

Also, why is Skywalker not recognized by spell check? It's certainly popular enough that it's annoying to see all those red squigglies.

4 hours ago, Shard of Reading said:

So I was talking with my friend the other day about the end of Rise of Skywalker. Spoilers

Reveal hidden contents

We were complaining about how Ray should not be able to call herself a skywalker because she literally was the cause of death for all of them. But then I realized, Because of that she earned the right to use the surname skywalker through right of conquest.

Also, why is Skywalker not recognized by spell check? It's certainly popular enough that it's annoying to see all those red squigglies.

Thank you for giving me a reason to like TROS! 

It's apparently not a story of good vs evil, but rather

Spoiler

One woman's desire to inherit a name by wiping out all who have it, so no one can challenge her on it. 

How I missed this thread? Im Star Wars fan for many years (and this is why I ddidnt watch Rise of Skywalker, it was just insulting).

Anyway, today was premiere of Second Season of Mandalorian. Who watched? What do you think?

Spoiler

Because I think it was AWSOME!!!

21 minutes ago, Bzhydack said:

How I missed this thread?

It's been mostly memes and jokes instead of Star Wars discussions, and there have been other Star Wars threads in the past. Besides, you're here now! 

22 minutes ago, Bzhydack said:

Anyway, today was premiere of Second Season of Mandalorian. Who watched? What do you think?

Loved it! It easily ranks within the top 3 episodes of the show. It's not my personal favorite, but it was phenomenal. 

26 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

It's been mostly memes and jokes instead of Star Wars discussions, and there have been other Star Wars threads in the past. Besides, you're here now! 

Loved it! It easily ranks within the top 3 episodes of the show. It's not my personal favorite, but it was phenomenal. 

They still act like nobody knows what Jedi are. The Mandalorians should know who the Jedi are.

2 hours ago, Aspiring Writer said:

They still act like nobody knows what Jedi are. The Mandalorians should know who the Jedi are.

I completely agree. That's a major problem I have with the show. It feels like they're writing the show as a sequel series to the OT and ignoring anything that's not in the movies. This is clearly not the case, as the Dark Saber came from TCW, and Cobb first appeared in the Aftermath trilogy's interludes, but the feeling is still there (which would make it an interesting experience for someone who only watches the movies and live action shows and is finally convinced to go back and watch the animated stuff). There's this gap between what the titular character and his allies know and what we've seen, and the show really needs to clear that up. Hopefully this season.

This discrepancy doesn't ruin how much I enjoy the show, but it does cast a giant shadow. 

Edited by Use the Falchion

Just now, Use the Falchion said:

I completely agree. That's a major problem I have with the show. It feels like they're writing the show as a sequel series to the OT and ignoring anything that's not in the movies. This is clearly not the case, as the Dark Saber came from TCW, and Cobb first appeared in the Aftermath trilogy's interludes. But there's this gap between what the titular character and his allies know and what we've seen, and the show really needs to clear that up. Hopefully this season.

This discrepancy doesn't ruin how much I enjoy the show, but it does cast a giant shadow. 

That may not affect your enjoyment, but my enjoyment is connected to writing quality, and the Mandalorian screws up in quite a few places.

6 minutes ago, Aspiring Writer said:

That may not affect your enjoyment, but my enjoyment is connected to writing quality, and the Mandalorian screws up in quite a few places.

It does, as do all shows, but this may or may not be one of them. I'm putting it in the "promise" category until they actually address this issue. Jedi are still rare, and those who work with them are always flabbergasted that more survived (Saw's reaction in Fallen Order and his reaction in Rebels prove that). And as far as we know, The Mandalorian wasn't raised on Mandalore or near those who've been in contact with Jedi, nor was he raised in a culture that even talked about the Jedi. Should he know about them fighting in The Clone Wars? Probably, but Palpatine purged the Jedi from the popular knowledge to the best of his ability (as shown in the Darth Vader comic by Charles Soule and the very first episode of Rebels). Those that survived hid, and even then they weren't always lucky. I can believe that The Mandalorian doesn't know what Jedi are. My issues lie in them talking about the Jedi in such archaic ways. But again, the show still has time to address these things, so it's not a screw up until they officially don't. 

Edited by Use the Falchion

3 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

It does, as do all shows, but this may or may not be one of them. I'm putting it in the "promise" category until they actually address this issue. Jedi are still rare, and those who work with them are always flabbergasted that more survived (Saw's reaction in Fallen Order and his reaction in Rebels prove that). And as far as we know, The Mandalorian wasn't raised on Mandalore or near those who've been in contact with Jedi, nor was he raised in a culture that even talked about the Jedi. Should he know about them fighting in The Clone Wars? Probably, but Palpatine purged the Jedi from the popular knowledge to the best of his ability (as shown in the Darth Vader comic by Charles Soule and the very first episode of Rebels). Those that survived hid, and even then they weren't always lucky. I can believe that The Mandalorian doesn't know what Jedi are. My issues lie in them talking about the Jedi in such archaic ways. But again, the show still has time to address these things, so it's not a screw up until they officially don't. 

He changed perspective of the jedi. People were very aware of them and what they did, they just thought they betrayed them. Think Radients.

3 minutes ago, Aspiring Writer said:

He changed perspective of the jedi. People were very aware of them and what they did, they just thought they betrayed them. Think Radients.

And then he purged all knowledge of them. The first episode of Rebels has people literally arrested for talking about the Jedi and pre-Clone Wars time. In Jedi: Fallen Order, a character is killed for it. Changing the perspective was simply the first step, not the last. 

None of this should have affected the Mandalorian's lore however, since Mandalore has its own sordid past with the Jedi. But if the titular character wasn't raised on Mandalore and instead somewhere else where those sorts of things weren't talked about, then it might make sense. There are some special potential cameos that have been heavily rumored for the show, and at least one has been confirmed IIRC. If both are true, then we should get an explanation about why our hero doesn't know about the Jedi before the season is up. 

1 minute ago, Use the Falchion said:

And then he purged all knowledge of them. The first episode of Rebels has people literally arrested for talking about the Jedi and pre-Clone Wars time. In Jedi: Fallen Order, a character is killed for it. Changing the perspective was simply the first step, not the last. 

None of this should have affected the Mandalorian's lore however, since Mandalore has its own sordid past with the Jedi. But if the titular character wasn't raised on Mandalore and instead somewhere else where those sorts of things weren't talked about, then it might make sense. There are some special potential cameos that have been heavily rumored for the show, and at least one has been confirmed IIRC. If both are true, then we should get an explanation about why our hero doesn't know about the Jedi before the season is up. 

The empire was taken down by a jedi. How would people not know?

Guest Somebody from Scadrial
1 minute ago, Aspiring Writer said:

The empire was taken down by a jedi. How would people not know?

The Heralds abandoned the Oathpact how does almost nobody know?