Months ago I made a rewrite/revision for the Sequel Trilogy and I'm really proud of it. 

Other than that:

Favorite Characters: Kit Fisto, Finn, Yoda, Quinlan Vos, MAUL, Hera Syndulla, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Aayla Secura, Qui-Gon Jinn, Ahsoka Tano (TCW version), Merrin, Satine Kryze, Rex, and Leia. Tula Markona almost makes the list, but isn't quite there yet.  

I love the prequels! I love their music, their operatic tone, their cartoons (yes, both of them), and their fight scenes. ROTS has one of the best openings in all of the Star Wars movies. 

Solo is an underappreciated gem. I get that no fan really asked for it, but it's here, and it's definitely worth checking out. 

Legends, like all media, has benefitted from the passing of time and selective memory. Nowadays people only remember the good things about the old EU or the cool concepts. They forget how Luke's nephew killed his wife, or that Leia named her second son after a man she barely knew or even liked, or that Chewie was crushed by a falling moon. They forget how the Yuuzhan Vong were pretty controversial despite their unique design and concept, and that there was apparently a point in time where Luke stopped believing in the Force. They forget how utterly confusing the canon actually was at that point, and how there had to be multiple tiers of canon just to keep everything straight.* I'm not saying all of this to hate on the old EU. Not at all! Kenobi is my favorite Star Wars book, Cade Skywalker and Ania Solo were super cool characters, and I like Jacen & Jaina as a concept. Heck, Ania Solo is like the O.G. Rey. Seriously, check out Ania's comics and you'll see what I mean. (I have a head-canon where Ben, Jacen, Jaina, and possibly a fourth child or a separate set of twins) all live a happy life together.) I just want to say that it wasn't all sunshine and rainbows, and not every Legends thing knocked it out of the park. So people should cut the NuCanon material a little slack, and give it a try. 

FINN IS LUKE SKYWALKER'S SON AND NOTHING YOU CAN DO WILL CHANGE MY MIND. 

I believe that KOTOR should be a television show spanning multiple seasons, not a series of movies. 

I'm STILL salty about how dirty the ST did Finn. 

Now it's time for a little ramble: 

The High Republic is an interesting concept, but it feels very out of place considering many fans have been clamoring for KOTOR era content, and instead we get this. Also, going backwards in the timeline without a plan forward past Episode IX is very concerning for me. I don't need a ten-year movie slate, since Lucasfilm tried that before and...well...in terms of movies and directors, a little less than half of it turned out correct. But eight months in, and we still don't know how the franchise is moving forward other than "we're aking time to think about it," feels...weird? It's not like Star Wars hasn't survived long droughts; but previously, we thought the end of each trilogy was going to be "the last trilogy." Now we know better, and I think that'what's bugging fans. Overall, Star Wars taking some time to recalibrate and assess their current course is a good thing. It's just sad that they need to do so in the first place. 

The ST should have been planned from the start. Yes, I understand that the OT wasn't planned out from the start; and yes, I understand that there needs to be room for creativity, and for characters to live and breathe. And yes, sometimes creators will change their minds on things. That's all fine. But planning it out from the get-go will at least create a solid narrative. Besides, Star Wars is forty years old. Who does the same thing they did forty years ago in the exact same way they do now? Are television shows the same? Are books written and printed the same? Are movies created the same? Do we drive the exact same model of car, or fly in the exact same plane model? Why should Star Wars be written the same?

Or if it was never going to be planned out from the start, having a goal to work towards would have been a solid substitute. (And when you have one, please don't change it to something else last minute because you want the story to go in a different direction than where its leading you.*)

*I break this rule in my revision of the ST, but only because the ST broke the rule first. My goal with the revision was to take a majority of the same concepts/ideas/story beats, and then adapt them into something I would tell/what pleases me. 

*Mind you, that's a really cool concept, but for canon junkies and novel/comic completionists, it's a nightmare. 

Just imagining Grievous saying "Ha ha ha, General Kenobi lmao" with that like raspy, super deep, voice with no facial expression has had me dying for the past 5 minutes. Thank you for that (and thank your friend!). I think that deserves the "man of culture" merit badge if im bein honest here :P

1 minute ago, Scout_Fox said:

Just imagining Grievous saying "Ha ha ha, General Kenobi lmao" with that like raspy, super deep, voice with no facial expression has had me dying for the past 5 minutes. Thank you for that (and thank your friend!). I think that deserves the "man of culture" merit badge if im bein honest here :P

i know man he just does this all the time

3 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

Months ago I made a rewrite/revision for the Sequel Trilogy and I'm really proud of it. 

Other than that:

Favorite Characters: Kit Fisto, Finn, Yoda, Quinlan Vos, MAUL, Hera Syndulla, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Aayla Secura, Qui-Gon Jinn, Ahsoka Tano (TCW version), Merrin, Satine Kryze, Rex, and Leia. Tula Markona almost makes the list, but isn't quite there yet.  

I love the prequels! I love their music, their operatic tone, their cartoons (yes, both of them), and their fight scenes. ROTS has one of the best openings in all of the Star Wars movies. 

Solo is an underappreciated gem. I get that no fan really asked for it, but it's here, and it's definitely worth checking out. 

Legends, like all media, has benefitted from the passing of time and selective memory. Nowadays people only remember the good things about the old EU or the cool concepts. They forget how Luke's nephew killed his wife, or that Leia named her second son after a man she barely knew or even liked, or that Chewie was crushed by a falling moon. They forget how the Yuuzhan Vong were pretty controversial despite their unique design and concept, and that there was apparently a point in time where Luke stopped believing in the Force. They forget how utterly confusing the canon actually was at that point, and how there had to be multiple tiers of canon just to keep everything straight.* I'm not saying all of this to hate on the old EU. Not at all! Kenobi is my favorite Star Wars book, Cade Skywalker and Ania Solo were super cool characters, and I like Jacen & Jaina as a concept. Heck, Ania Solo is like the O.G. Rey. Seriously, check out Ania's comics and you'll see what I mean. (I have a head-canon where Ben, Jacen, Jaina, and possibly a fourth child or a separate set of twins) all live a happy life together.) I just want to say that it wasn't all sunshine and rainbows, and not every Legends thing knocked it out of the park. So people should cut the NuCanon material a little slack, and give it a try. 

FINN IS LUKE SKYWALKER'S SON AND NOTHING YOU CAN DO WILL CHANGE MY MIND. 

I believe that KOTOR should be a television show spanning multiple seasons, not a series of movies. 

I'm STILL salty about how dirty the ST did Finn. 

Now it's time for a little ramble: 

The High Republic is an interesting concept, but it feels very out of place considering many fans have been clamoring for KOTOR era content, and instead we get this. Also, going backwards in the timeline without a plan forward past Episode IX is very concerning for me. I don't need a ten-year movie slate, since Lucasfilm tried that before and...well...in terms of movies and directors, a little less than half of it turned out correct. But eight months in, and we still don't know how the franchise is moving forward other than "we're aking time to think about it," feels...weird? It's not like Star Wars hasn't survived long droughts; but previously, we thought the end of each trilogy was going to be "the last trilogy." Now we know better, and I think that'what's bugging fans. Overall, Star Wars taking some time to recalibrate and assess their current course is a good thing. It's just sad that they need to do so in the first place. 

The ST should have been planned from the start. Yes, I understand that the OT wasn't planned out from the start; and yes, I understand that there needs to be room for creativity, and for characters to live and breathe. And yes, sometimes creators will change their minds on things. That's all fine. But planning it out from the get-go will at least create a solid narrative. Besides, Star Wars is forty years old. Who does the same thing they did forty years ago in the exact same way they do now? Are television shows the same? Are books written and printed the same? Are movies created the same? Do we drive the exact same model of car, or fly in the exact same plane model? Why should Star Wars be written the same?

Or if it was never going to be planned out from the start, having a goal to work towards would have been a solid substitute. (And when you have one, please don't change it to something else last minute because you want the story to go in a different direction than where its leading you.*)

*I break this rule in my revision of the ST, but only because the ST broke the rule first. My goal with the revision was to take a majority of the same concepts/ideas/story beats, and then adapt them into something I would tell/what pleases me. 

*Mind you, that's a really cool concept, but for canon junkies and novel/comic completionists, it's a nightmare. 

How is it that you have time for both FE3H and this?

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

How is it that you have time for both FE3H and this?

lol! I type decently fast and my grad school classes are in the evening. Besides, I actually don't play that much Three Houses anymore (despite the urge coming back these past few weeks) because I can get burnt out really quickly, and I want to save at least some energy for the rare possibility that one of my friends who hasn't played it yet picks up the game and loves it. 

• 1 month later...

If y'all could fan-cast a Knights of the Old Republic (hereafter referred to as KOTOR), who would you choose?

My main casting would be:

Main Character -  Harry Shum Jr.
Actor, dancer, singer, choreographer, the man can do it all. He has the skills to make the main character overflow with talent and charisma. (But if we're going for an older version I don't think Keanu Reeves would be bad.)

Image result for henry shum jr

Malak - Stephen Amell

This was a tough choice. I like Stephen as a person and as an actor, and he loves Star Wars and desperately wants to be a Jedi. But even in my fan-casting, I never had a good place for him. Darth Malak went through some iterations today when making this list, but I realized that I needed someone younger than forty to match Shum Jr's age, and that could be physically imposing. Amell came to mind. Stephen can play brooding bad boy, emotionless killer, and rage-filled tactician (both the quiet rage and the explosive kind). He's got the physique and skill to do some of his own stunts, as seen in Arrow with how much the show let him get away with.

Image result for stephen amell

Bastila Shan - Jemma Chan

If we're going for type cast, Aubrey Plaza can play aloof-and-slightly-mean-but-still-good-hearted-brunette very, VERY well. I'd rather her not, though. Outside of that, Daisy Ridley would actually be a brilliant Bastila. But my No 1 pick goes to GEMMA FREAKING CHAN. She can play tough girl, like Minn-Erva in Captain Marvel (and like she probably will as Sersi in the Eternals movie), she can play upper class yet still human like she did as Astrid in Crazy Rich Asians, and I'm sure she can do even more. I also do this because if we're taking all of The Old Republic Era material, I'd rather distill it down to two to three generations of just pure war and bloodshed. So Bastila would be the eventual mother of Satele Shan, and as such I wanted a prominent Space Asian family line that Gemma could be the matriarch of.

Image result for jemma chan

Carth Onasi - Undecided at the moment. Stephen Amell may make a good Carth, but I wanted someone else in the role I think. I really want Rahul Kholi for some reason, but I'm not sure he's the best fit. Screen Junkies/Fandom did a "Cast Away" recast of Star Wars, and Rahul won the Han Solo recast, so I think he fits the smuggler/roguish nature. But Carth is military. He's...not stoic, but focused. And I'm not sure if Rahul can do that just yet. 

Rahul Kohli on His Supergirl Season 2 Appearance | Collider

Juhani - Stephanie Beatriz

ROSA, ROSA ROOOOSSSAAAAA! Aka Stephanie Beatriz Stephanie has that Tough Girl persona down pat, but her natural bubbliness would work very well for Juhani. Let's see her explore the Dark Side before coming up for air.

Canderous Ordo - Michelle Rodriguez

This character can go in a LOT of different directions, but I like the idea of Mandalore having a long and storied history of women as leaders; and Michelle is type-cast as those rough, tank-top wearing bad mama-jammas. She's younger than most other people's Canderous, but I think that just gives her a longer life as the character.

Mission Vao - Sadie Sink

It'd be easy to say "Mille Bobbie Brown" and be done with it...so let's branch out. I think from the Stranger Things cast, Sadie is a better fit. Sadie can already play slightly traumatized-yet-golden-hearted youth pretty well, and we wouldn't have to worry about aging her up or down.

Jolee Bindo - Lance Riddick

He can play crass and heartless, like he did in Horizon: Zero Dawn. He can play affable, as he does in John Wick. The man has range and experience that would undoubtedly serve him perfectly as a character with matching qualities.

HK-47 - John Mulaney. 

'Nuff Said!

And I won't go too much into KOTOR II since I'm far less familiar with that game, but some of the main highlights for my picks: 

The Exile/Meetra Surik - Zoe Kravitz 

Zoe is supremely skilled yet underrated actor, and I think she could shine as Meetra.

Image result for zoe kravitz

Kreia - Dame Helen Mirren 

She would KILL this role, easily switching from jaded advisor to conscripted ally to every role Kreia needs to play throughout the series (again, KOTOR is a mult-seasoned generational story in my mind. This is basically Part 1: Act 2 in my head).

Image result for dame helen mirren

Atton - Grant Gustin

Boyish, charming, and can play arrogant VERY well when he wants to, Grant Gustin is an absolute fit for this role. Gustin has chemistry with pretty much everyone, and that's what Atton needs in order to manipulate people. This iteration of Atton would play up being the Bad Boy Smuggler (i.e. the choice people make KNOWING it's going to end bad and destroy them, but they do it anyways).

Atris - Natalie Dormer

Natalie could absolutely nail the role of attractive but off-limits, charming yet condescending, and ultimately downright crazy. Yup. That's the way to go.

Image result for natalie dormer

Edited by Use the Falchion