I am suddenly very concerned...

HipsterStick

I am thinking that, because of the time skip between SA 5 & 6, the Desolation will have to end either in RoW or SA5. I just can’t see a war going on “off-screen” for that long between books. Similarly, it’s possible but I doubt SA5 will end on a low point. 

What does that mean for RoW? I’m thinking people are going to die. Up on the chopping block: 

Dalinar. Although he is the only Bondsmith currently, I can definitely see a big sacrifice in Dalinar’s future. Something akin to Harmony ascending in Mistborn, especially if Dalinar sticks around as a mostly-off-screen mentor figure for the new Radiants. I also believe this sacrifice moment may be what Brandon is looking forward to in this book. 

Shallan. I don’t think she is as safe as everyone thinks. It’s true her story is not finished yet (and this is probably my Adolin bias talking) but I could see her death acting as both a catalyst for character development & a knife in the hearts of readers. 

Adolin. I can definitely see him reviving Maya, establishing that precedent, and then dying. Saying those words hurt me though because I love him so much T.T 

Vasher. I have a small theory that Vasher will parallel Lightsong and heroically give up his Divine Breath to save someone, or perhaps do some funky Cosmere magic like revive the Sibling? Scholar that he is, I can see him using his DB in a unique way. 

Anyway, great post on this topic as I am definitely getting ominous vibes from the early chapters we have seen as well. I feel like I am sitting in the theater waiting for a horror movie to start, and the lights just dimmed . . .