Would You Rather

StanLemon

I think it would be fun to go down the list of metals and decide which ones you would rather have the Allomantic or Feruchemical power for. When deciding, choose as if you had the choice to be a Misting or Ferring of that metal. Mine are:

Tin-F

Pewter-A

Iron-F

Steel-A (this was a hard choice but I think I would enjoy the Steelpushing a hair more than the speed)

Zinc-F

Brass-F

Copper-F

Bronze-F

Aluminum-F

Duralumin-F

Chromium-F

Nicrosil-A

Gold-F

Electrum-F

Cadmium-A

Bendalloy-tie (I would be very happy with either and I could not decide which I would prefer)

To no surprise I would prefer to be a Feruchemist over Allomancer.

Steel F, I want that speed man

Iron F, A iron just isn't up to speed

Pewter, I'm going with F, because looking ripped is a plus that A doesn't give you.

Tin F

Copper  I don't know

Bronze F, I NEED, NEED F Bronze

Zinc F

Brass F

Gold F

Electrum F, maybe A, I don't like storing in it, might make my lazy butt worse, and countering A Atium is nice, so A

Bend Alloy F

Cadmium F

Atium A

Malatium F I get to find out what it does

Aluminum F

Dur-aluminum F

Nicrocil F

Chromium F

Lerasium F for reasons :ph34r:

5 hours ago, StanLemon said:

I think it would be fun to go down the list of metals and decide which ones you would rather have the Allomantic or Feruchemical power for. When deciding, choose as if you had the choice to be a Misting or Ferring of that metal. Mine are:

Recording only the differences and giving reasons for them.

Tin-F

Allomancer. The storing would be horrible.

Bronze-F

Allomancer. You'd actually sense the arcane.

Chromium-F

Allomancer. This is just too mystic.

Nicrosil-A

Ferring. This gives you a chance to really go into the depths of things.

Electrum-F

Allomancy seeing the future is true magic.

Cadmium-A

Ferring. Purely based on usability

Bendalloy-tie (I would be very happy with either and I could not decide which I would prefer)

Ferring. I just eat too much.

To no surprise I would prefer to be a Feruchemist over Allomancer.

You mean rather a full Feruchemist than a Mistborn? Mistborn. Just too cool.

iron & steel: F, in the end more useful than limited telekinesis, which would need at least some math, also I'm afraid of heights

Tin: F is just more versatile than A-Tin

Pewter: A, I know it's more dangerous, but it's also more versatile

Zinc & Brass: both A & F can be useful irl, a personal heater/cooler sounds nice, the ability to both slow down or speed up my thoughts also sound nice, but so does emotional manipulation, so I honestly can't choose! 

Copper & bronze: irl F, Scadrial A

Cadmium: A, because I don't see myself needing F (esp with F-Gold)

Bendalloy: A is great (except that one does age while in accelerated time and I'm afraid that would add up). F is also nice, I love food. Most likely A

Gold: F, not even a competition, seriously why would I want A-Gold, sounds miserable

Electrum: determination is nice but limited precog is nicer

Chromium: playing with luck sounds dangerous... irl it would be the better choice because who'd I leech on Earth? On Scadrial... hmm... A-chromium would be better, maybe

Nicrosil: F sounds more useful

Aluminium: A because I don't like the idea of getting poisoned... or be less me, whatever that means

Duralumin: give my other A powers a boost or manipulate Connections, decisions decisions, let's go with F it would be helpful irl

Atium: Uh.... stretch lifespan or precognition??? I don't know!

Lerasium: haha! Now I have all the Allomantic powers, lol

Edited by Honorless

Iron: F

Steel:A

Tin:A Sorry I wouldn't ever store it unless I didn't want to feel pain.

Pewter:A I don't like looking strong.

Zinc:F I would store a lot right before a test and then tap it and ace the test.

Brass:A I don't see a point in storing or tapping this. There are blankets for a reason.

Copper:F I don't have the best memory so this would be good.

Bronze:F I would love to store sleep and sleep alot and then I could pull tons of all nighters.

Atium:A Do you know how good that would be during a sports game.

Malatium: F For fun you know...

Gold: F For obvious reasons.

Electrum: F I could be a great study for psychologists.

Chromium: F I need luck.

Nicrosil: Either I wouldn't care.

Aluminum: F No reason.

Duralumin: A 

Cadium: F I'm a swimmer so this would help tons in races.

Bendalloy: A For fun.

Lerasium: F For fun....

If I had to chose I would be a Feruchemist just for practical reasons. But it would be a hard to decide.

Edited by Retrac

A-Steel: Speed is very difficult to store, and without Compouding it has more limited utility. And I feel that the improved speed of A-Pewter is enough for me.
F-Iron: In addition to the obvious Crasher ability we saw at Waxillium, being able to fall off an airplane without dying seems like a pretty cool power. Ironsight and pulling objects is cool, but I can settle for Steelsight and Pushers.
A-Pewter: Strength, Speed, Endurance, Reflexes and Balance. All this without a change in mass, just a magic boost. Sorry, F-Pewter.
F-Tin: Like A-Tin but choosing which direction. In addition to reducing their sensitivity to protect themselves from strong stimuli.
F-Zinc: Being able to increase my mental speed for emergency situations looks good, mainly because I gave up on F-Steel and I only have physical speed on A-Pewter.
A-Brass: Calm the stress, fatigue, anger, and sadness of those close to you. I would be the best manager in the world.
A-Copper: Storing long-term memories is good, but being able to use powers unscathed seems better. Resistance to emotional Allomancy is incredible too.
F-Bronze: Being able to stay hot or cold when needed is cool. I could travel anywhere in the world and feel comfortable.
F-Duralumin, Aluminum, Nicrosil, Chromium - If I want to manipulate Spiritual attributes? Yes, thanks.
F-Gold: Really?
F-Electrum: Even though I see a lot of hide potential in A-Electrum, being able to manage mental stability so as not to be so affected by depression or mania sounds good.
A-Cadmium: I love the potential for Cadmium's speed bubbles. It is like being a natural life saver.
A-Bendalloy: Being able to have reserves of nutrition is very good, but acceleration bubble is just incredible.

Detail: I considered that I would have 16 different powers chosen between Allomancy and Feruchemy (Hoid helped me to hack the system). If it's just one individual power at a time, I'd trade F-Nicrosil for A-Nicrosil (And it would be totally rich), and A Bronze for F-Bronze (With just one power, why the hell would I want to hear Allomantic pulses? It's a job that kills fast, x9 dies early).

Full Feruchemist. Totally better.

Edited by Raphaborn

16 hours ago, Frustration said:

For what purpose?

Rescue. Help someone stabbed in the street to wait for an ambulance. Save my relatives who have suffered a heart attack. Prevent a fire from spreading quickly. Arrest hostile people while reinforcements arrive (I confess that this is dangerous, unless you are very well hidden). Reduce need for food, water and oxygen until a rescue arrives.
This is the power of the Samaritan.
So...

If I'm rich, I can skip a few years and see what the next decades or centuries hold. A-Nicrosil and A-Pulser would be very interesting for me. One I can use to get rich, the other to jump a few decades. Investing in fixed income would be useful.

Edited by Raphaborn

Steel: F, I think. It’s hard though, I’d love A. 

Iron: A to make up for not having A-steel 

Tin: F, more versatile as said 

Pewter: A, same reasoning 

Zinc: A 

Brass: F 100% 

Copper: F if I’m the only one in the world with Allomancy, A if there are a lot of others 

Bronze: ^ 

Cadmium: A, probably 

Bendalloy: A, probably 

Gold: F 

Electrum: F 

Chromium: F 

Nicrosil: F 

Aluminum: F 

Duralumin: F 

Atium: F 

Malatium: A