Helloing the say of the I

Mnemoclast

Hey, everybody! I'm quite new to Sanderson's literature, I've only started reading his books late 2019. I've read the first Misborn trilogy, Alloy, as well as the SA. I'm currently reading the last book of the Wheel of Time series, so there are those few shared authorships. I still have quite a bit of reading to do, but I went on a Sanderson hiatus after Alloy (which was good, but didn't get me invested enough to devour the second trilogy, and got sidelined due to work) to explore other famous fantasy series. I should however start reading his stuff once again in preparation for RoW.

I'm a philosophy scholar by profession, and an aspiring author as well. If you're curious, my name is not related to thunderclasts, it's a translation to english of the name of magic users in the book I'm currently outlining. The system involves sacrificing memories as its power source.

I hope you're all safe in these troubling times!

Edited by Mnemoclast

8 hours ago, Mnemoclast said:

Hey, everybody! I'm quite new to Sanderson's literature, I've only started reading his books late 2019. I've read the first Misborn trilogy, Alloy, as well as the SA. I'm currently reading the last book of the Wheel of Time series, so there are those few shared authorships. I still have quite a bit of reading to do, but I went on a Sanderson hiatus after Alloy (which was good, but didn't get me invested enough to devour the second trilogy, and got sidelined due to work) to explore other famous fantasy series. I should however start reading his stuff once again in preparation for RoW.

I'm a philosophy scholar by profession, and an aspiring author as well. If you're curious, my name is not related to thunderclasts, it's a translation to english of the name of magic users in the book I'm currently outlining. The system involves sacrificing memories as its power source.

I hope you're all safe in these troubling times!

Greetings! Welcome to the Shard! 

Also, I think I'm going to like your story. Is it a memory-fueled magic system? Or, is losing memory an effect? Wow, this cool idea you've got... 

14 hours ago, The One Ring said:

Hi, welcome to the shard!

What’s your favorite and least favorite character in Stormlight and Mistborn era1?

My favorite is probably Dalinar after OB, my least favorite... Straff? Not 100% sure.

12 hours ago, Honorless said:

Welcome to our little corner of the internet

Thanks!

8 hours ago, Adran Oathbreaker said:

Greetings! Welcome to the Shard! 

Also, I think I'm going to like your story. Is it a memory-fueled magic system? Or, is losing memory an effect? Wow, this cool idea you've got... 

Thanks! It's memory fueled. The idea is to explore the emotional, social and identity costs of sacrificing memories for power. The more cherished a memory is, greater is the Investiture, in cosmerean terms. Not quite that simple, but that is the gist of it. But I won't be writing it in english, as I don't think I'm proficient enough to do it, so I'm not sure you'll be able to "like it" per se :unsure:

8 hours ago, I Am A Fish said:

Hello and Welcome to the Shard!

Who's your favorite spren?

Syl! She is simply too damnation cute. And Kal's much needed light.

6 hours ago, AonEne said:

Welcome to the Shard, friend! 

Thank'ye!

Edited by Mnemoclast

4 hours ago, Mnemoclast said:

My favorite is probably Dalinar after OB, my least favorite... Straff? Not 100% sure.

I share your feelings towards these two. Welcome to the shard! Look forward to seeing you around. 
What is your favourite scene, apart from the epic ending of OB of course :D

7 hours ago, The Traveller said:

I share your feelings towards these two. Welcome to the shard! Look forward to seeing you around. 
What is your favourite scene, apart from the epic ending of OB of course :D

Oh man, that's a tough one. A triple tie between Bridge 4 saves the Kholins, the full disadvantage duel and Shallan's and Kaladin's little journey on the chasms.

Welcome, welcome! A philosophy scholar and an aspiring author??? I anticipate quite the interesting novel from you and by the looks of that idea you already have a great start! I think another read before RoW is quite timely, I applaud (still debating myself whether I have time but I think we all know how that will end :D)

If interested, Reading Excuses could be a fun place to peruse and chat with other aspiring authors. Also, would love to know who you would choose to be your best friend, if you could choose anyone in the Cosmere. Other than that, hope you are safe as well and welcome to the Shard!

Edited by Scout_Fox

5 hours ago, Mnemoclast said:

Oh man, that's a tough one. A triple tie between Bridge 4 saves the Kholins, the full disadvantage duel and Shallan's and Kaladin's little journey on the chasms.

Very close but more than the journey I love the scene where Dalinar learns that stormblessed has walked out of the chasms and dalinar tells him your men all of them were dead set that you are alive. What is it about you that they know that I don’t. Are you what I have been looking for?

14 hours ago, I Used To Be A Fish said:

Syl's pretty great. My personal favorite is pattern.

Vote Fish! 

Hmmm... Interesting lie! Good choice.

14 hours ago, Scout_Fox said:

Welcome, welcome! A philosophy scholar and an aspiring author??? I anticipate quite the interesting novel from you and by the looks of that idea you already have a great start! I think another read before RoW is quite timely, I applaud (still debating myself whether I have time but I think we all know how that will end :D)

If interested, Reading Excuses could be a fun place to peruse and chat with other aspiring authors. Also, would love to know who you would choose to be your best friend, if you could choose anyone in the Cosmere. Other than that, hope you are safe as well and welcome to the Shard!

Once I have a little bit more free time I'll surely go check out that section, thanks! I think I'd choose Rock. He is such a loyal, caring fella, I'm sure he'd help me through the rough and hungry times. I also enjoy cooking, so we could make some rad dishes.

13 hours ago, The Traveller said:

Very close but more than the journey I love the scene where Dalinar learns that stormblessed has walked out of the chasms and dalinar tells him your men all of them were dead set that you are alive. What is it about you that they know that I don’t. Are you what I have been looking for?

To be fair, I was interpreting scene very vaguely as to include that moment, which was quite touching.

3 hours ago, Mist said:

Welcome to the Shard! 

Thanks!

17 minutes ago, Mnemoclast said:

Once I have a little bit more free time I'll surely go check out that section, thanks! I think I'd choose Rock. He is such a loyal, caring fella, I'm sure he'd help me through the rough and hungry times. I also enjoy cooking, so we could make some rad dishes.

Absolutely! It will always be there! And yeah that's actually a really good choice I had completely overlooked him but he's perfect for it, nice thinking. He definitely is like the Dad of the group tbh always looking out for everyone and caring for them lol he would make a great friend. And if you two like cooking I like eating y'all just let me know and I'll be there :D

Edited by Scout_Fox