(Ir)rational Fears

15 hours ago, Condensation said:

I'm scared that my crush(es) will figure it out and not like me.

I'm scared of pity liking. Like when someone likes me out of pity. I also hate when people pity me because then I feel like I'm taking advantage of people.

On 9/3/2020 at 6:26 AM, Bearer of all agonies said:

I was gonna say. . . Yeah, if you saw a person going into the bank with a mask on last year, you would call the cops, but if you see a person going into a bank this year without a mask on, you would call the cops. :P

Why would you call the cops on that...

Spoiler

it brings them in while I'm trying to get the money:ph34r:

Spoiler

although seriously why?

On 9/6/2020 at 7:13 AM, Bearer of all agonies said:

Humans scare me. 

same, well stupid humans, but humans nonetheless.

39 minutes ago, Retrac said:

I'm scared of my friends leaving me. If its because they die, move, or just hate me. It's probably the thing I'm scared of most.

I feel you. It’s my greatest fear too. I had friends who leaved me before and it ended up with me being too sad and having way too low self confidence for 4th grade child. 

36 minutes ago, Shard of Reading said:

I'm scared of moths, spiders and stickers.

You decide which 2 are irrational.

Definitely moths and spiders.

stickers are scary... *shudders*

Spoiler

I don't actually fear stickers, though I am very curious as to why you do. What type of stickers, though? The kind elementary teachers put on papers or the kind that get stuck in your hair and clothes in the wilderness?

Just now, DramaQueen said:

I don't actually fear stickers, though I am very curious as to why you do. What type of stickers, though? The kind elementary teachers put on papers or the kind that get stuck in your hair and clothes in the wilderness?

It's less of a fear and more of a thing that I really hate. I don't like the ones that your teachers put on papers. They seem really weird and I hate the glue on the back and the way they stick to the paper and the way they feel over all...:wacko::o

On 8/28/2020 at 3:21 PM, Emi said:

I’m extremely scared of mirrors. My friends always laughed at me because of that. I mean who is scared of mirrors? You know, sometimes in horror movies you look at the mirror and then something appears right behind you. I find it ridiculously scary, so I NEVER look at my mirror in my bathroom. :ph34r:

YES. When it’s daytime mirrors are fine, but once it gets dark... Whenever I get up in the middle of the night I have to avoid all the mirrors in my house. It doesn’t help that there are like, three just on the way to the bathroom.

I also have a weird fear of hot things. Like, not a rational “hey, that pan’s hot, I’m not going to touch it.” Hot dishes and such I’m fine with. It’s when something is audibly hot that I get nervous. Anything sizzling or boiling. 
Probably the weirdest example of this is when I microwave anything. If I have to leave the microwave on for more than a couple minutes and something starts sizzling, I have to leave the room so I’m not tempted to turn it off. For some reason, my brain thinks the food will catch fire or explode if I leave it in any longer. :P

On 9/13/2020 at 0:41 AM, AonEne said:

Can I? I want to be everyone’s buddy :P 

I'll count that as an application.

I have an overwhelming fear of knives. It's so bad it's irrational, like anytime I get anywhere near a knife, I cannot think about anything but the knife, and if I have to touch it, then I'm super jumpy(bad, right?) and I can't do anything other than what I have to do with the knife.

I'm scared of drowning. Now this doesn't seem irrational but let me give you some background. I'm a really good swimmer. I swim races for fun. I'm a lifeguard. I have saved people from drowning. I have almost endless endurance. And a good 4th of the swim team is a lifeguard too so if I do by chance start to struggle they can help me. But I am terrified of drowning. There have been times where I skip out on swim practice because I'm to scared.

• 3 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Condensation said:

I'm really scared of injuries. I can't look at them. Like, at all. (Not even big injuries like broken legs or giant gashes, I can't look at papercuts or bruises)

Did you know: part of the reason papercuts hurt so much is because they're small. They don't really bleed, so the blood doesn't clot, leaving the nerve endings open to the air.

the-more-you-know.jpg.45c918cc0375270f9ebc8c9e93b8128e.jpg

Okay, here’s a story. My friend in sixth grade asked out this girl, who was also my friend, and she said no. Now this girl is like the nicest person ever, and she didn’t want to make him feel bad. He asked her again, and again, and again, like twenty times. I was like, ‘Dude, not cool. Get over with it.’ So, eventually, she said yes. Now I felted really bad for her because my friend had guilted her into saying yes to him. 

Spoiler

I was going somewhere with this story. . . 

She broke up with him a week later and he was super depressed. 

Spoiler

Where am I going with this?!?

Sorry, I don’t have an moral or anything, I just wanted to say that. I guess, don’t guilt people into anything? Or something? I don’t know. 

• 4 weeks later...