(Ir)rational Fears

I have quite a few fears and some of the m are Irrational but most of them are oddly specific and only come up in certain circumstances (Some of these I'm completely fine doing something similar but if it something is changed :unsure: E.g. I'm not scared of heights or bridges or cars or roads or busy roads but I'm scared of being on a bridge over a road that has cars on it {This fear is even worse if I'm on a bike at the time but I'm still afraid even when I'm not on a bike}, if any of those are taken away or changed I'm no longer scared) 

Anyway on to some Irrational fears.

I am scared of Wombats they are big and muscled with claws and rip open tents to get inside them (Everybody I know states that it is completely Irrational)

Kitchen scissors when I try to hold them My hand shakes and I get worried that I'm going to cut my self

Spoiler

Less Irrational I'm very afraid of being forgotten, especially after I die

Edited by Darkfinder

16 hours ago, AonEne said:

I don’t want to be in the highest degree; I don’t deserve to be there and I’m not clean enough to be there. Besides that, I don’t want to be a perfect version of myself - I just wanna be me. I also don’t know whether I’ll end up with someone I want to live eternally with, much less that they’ll be male and LDS - and I don’t want to be around my heavenly family all the time because again, I am not morally good enough or spiritually clean enough for that. 

(Hopefully this doesn’t sound whiny or anything lol, it’s just how it is) 

Edit: I sure as heck don’t want to go to heck, either - one of the lower levels will suit me just fine, hopefully where I can visit my family and friends occasionally. I’d hate to lose some of you forever. 

Ene, you know what you want better than I do, and I feel that it might not my place to say this. But, I think that it needs to be said.

If you’re worried about being morally and spiritually clean, look to Christ. He has literally gone through exactly what you’ve gone through. He knows you and your progress perfectly, and perhaps most importantly, He knows that you, me, and everyone is far from perfect. If we have faith in the Atomement of Jesus Christ, and repent daily, it is to my belief and understanding that we will be given the divine grace of Jesus Christ. This means that it doesn’t matter how close we get to being perfect on this life, and instead focuses on our moving forward. No matter how morally clean we may be, the Atonement will suffice for us. I know you’re a good person Ene. And I know that Jesus knows that too.

7 hours ago, Condensation said:

The title literally says (Ir)rational fears! Rational fears count!

Yes, there is a story about that. If you ask, you can hear it.

*asks*

9 hours ago, BethOvermyer said:

I used to be terrified of the French horn. Not just the sound of it, but the look of it. At Christmas concerts, I'd always want to dash for the door or hide under my seat.

I play the French Horn

Based on the stupid dreams I have, apparently my subconscious is still afraid of being back in primary school.

13 minutes ago, Condensation said:

That comma was unnecessary.

Are you, Condensation, afraid of unnecessary commas?

Edited by Snorkel

3 hours ago, Condensation said:

That comma was unnecessary.

*makes more typos to terrify Condensation*

Back on topic.... I'm no longer afraid of French horns. Now my illogical fear has attached itself to my dad. He's never hurt me physically, but I can't stand to be in the same room as him for fear I'll be contaminated by his breathing or something weird like that. I was diagnosed with OCD in my early twenties.

Edited by BethOvermyer

I absolutely hate rope bridges.  I don't really know the correct term for them but I think you can guess what I mean.They're always up high above a forest or something and you're always on one with someone who thinks it's funny to make the bridge sway to try to scare you. They think it's the peak of comedy, while meanwhile I'm worried the rope is going to snap and I'm going to fall off and die. I'm fine with bridges on the ground, but the moment someone tries to get me on one of those monstrosities I freeze up. I've only ever been on these types of bridges a few times (mostly on vacations, honestly) but I've watched too many movies where those things snap and someone falls off. 

I’m extremely scared of mirrors. My friends always laughed at me because of that. I mean who is scared of mirrors? You know, sometimes in horror movies you look at the mirror and then something appears right behind you. I find it ridiculously scary, so I NEVER look at my mirror in my bathroom. :ph34r:

And yes, I think that I’m not very scared of other things. Maybe just a little of darkness, but nothing else.

I have a completely normal basement. It is actually pretty cool, we have a game room, a viewing room, and an entire guest bedroom, kitchen, and bathroom. But whenever I go down there I am terrified that SOMETHING or SOMEONE is right behind me. Our basement door has an iffy lock that we always intend to get fixed, but never do. That is why. Has anyone read Peter and the Starcatchers? If so, and you know about the Others, that is what I imagine behind me. Soul sucking, composed of shadow, light hating, demons that desire to end all light and happiness.

I love Peter and the Starcatchers! Yeah, I get that. That's happened to me before.

When I was younger and had to get out of my bed late at night when the stairway light was off, I would wrap a blanket around myself(because monsters can't bite through blankets), keep a hand on my thighs(those are the biggest part, obviously the monsters will eat that first), and constantly turn around, terrified that I would see a pair of glowing eyes behind me. Once I was done, I would keep one hand on the light switch, flick it off and dive into my bed.

I don't like electrical sockets or plugs. I'm scared that I'm going to get electrocuted or that I'm putting the plug on the wrong way and it's going to get stuck (and then electrocute me somehow)

Spoiler

Also I'm scared of asking people to be my shardbuddies

Spoiler

My only shardbuddies are people who've asked me

Spoiler

Once I kinda asked @Channelknight Fadran and he either didn't see it or ignored me

Spoiler

so if you want to be my shardbuddy ask me because I'm never going to ask you

Spoiler

Also I used to be terrified of @AonEne

56 minutes ago, revelryintheart said:

Hide contents

Also I'm scared of asking people to be my shardbuddies

Hide contents

My only shardbuddies are people who've asked me

Hide contents

Once I kinda asked @Channelknight Fadran and he either didn't see it or ignored me

Hide contents

so if you want to be my shardbuddy ask me because I'm never going to ask you

Hide contents

Also I used to be terrified of @AonEne

^

Spoiler

I volunteer as tribute :ph34r: