(Ir)rational Fears

I had the thought to create this thread due to one of my weirdest irrational that I remembered today. Basically, you know how when it’s a beautiful day outside and you’re in the car so you just roll down the windows and stick your arm out? Well, one of my all time biggest jump-scares/irrational fear is whenever my arm is out the window and someone else starts to roll up the window. It catches me totally off guard and I yelp every time. Maybe it’s the fear that my arm will get chopped off or something, but it scares the heebie-be-jeebies out of me.

So... if you’re ever in the car with me and my arm is out the window, don’t roll the window up. 

What’s your worst fear (rational or irrational)?

4 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

I had the thought to create this thread due to one of my weirdest irrational that I remembered today. Basically, you know how when it’s a beautiful day outside and you’re in the car so you just roll down the windows and stick your arm out? Well, one of my all time biggest jump-scares/irrational fear is whenever my arm is out the window and someone else starts to roll up the window. It catches me totally off guard and I yelp every time. Maybe it’s the fear that my arm will get chopped off or something, but it scares the heebie-be-jeebies out of me.

So... if you’re ever in the car with me and my arm is out the window, don’t roll the window up. 

What’s your worst fear (rational or irrational)?

some car windows have an automatic open response to hitting something

I have a very irrational fear of high schoolers.  It stems from Pokemon Go.  Basically, the local library was a Pokemon Go hotspot, and so all these teens would be sitting outside it, and I was very nervous and intimidated.  At the time I was even shorter than I am now.

This fear is now slightly awkward, as I am a high schooler myself.  But it's still there.

1 hour ago, Spren of Kindness said:

I have a very irrational fear of high schoolers.  It stems from Pokemon Go.  Basically, the local library was a Pokemon Go hotspot, and so all these teens would be sitting outside it, and I was very nervous and intimidated.  At the time I was even shorter than I am now.

This fear is now slightly awkward, as I am a high schooler myself.  But it's still there.

*looks in mirror* *Screams*

14 minutes ago, AonEne said:

I considered writing mine, but I have about fifty bajillion lol. :rolleyes: So [insert irrational fears here]. 

Tell us the few/major ones.(I mean, if you want to)

I, too, have a few, mostly relating to social stuff.

Edited by The_Truthwatcher

Discovering alien life. I am terrified of discovering alien life.

Why?

Because the Great Filter, that's why!

When I was a kid (way back in ye olden days, where castles were hip with the times and dinosaurs still walked the Earth), I was scared of infinity. Not sure why; I guess the concept just confused me, and I'm not a fan of being confused. I was also terrifascinated (terrified and fascinated) of Black Holes--I still am, actually, but more fascinated than terrified.

I'm also afraid that I'll never get to meet another Sharder ever in my life.

11 minutes ago, Enter a username said:

One problem with that Kurzgesagt video- why would ruins be bad? They would probably mean that whoever or whatever lived there is now gone.

If what had been ruined was more advanced than we, then there's something out there that can desolate societies even more advanced than us.

30 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

If what had been ruined was more advanced than we, then there's something out there that can desolate societies even more advanced than us.

And if it wasn't? What if it was similar to what we have or just looks advanced due to unfamiliarity?

Or what if the Great Filter is something that tests us? What if an attribute that we take for granted as humans is really quite rare and allows us to keep going, be that  tenacity going on stubbornness or knowledge of when we're fighting a losing battle? Or what if humans are so stupid that we completely miss the obvious/catastrophic option? Or so smart that we know to judge the consequences of our actions? Our sample size is one, so we really can't know for sure.

Edited by Enter a username