Just competed in the first meet of the season today! It was 3.1 miles, and I got 22:18 for my time. But man, that course was weird. I had no idea where I was half the time, and the majority of the course went uphill. Pretty much everybody in the race was struggling near the end, there were these three hills right before the finish line that kinda sucked the life out of everyone. On the bright side, it was very scenic!

5 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Just competed in the first meet of the season today! It was 3.1 miles, and I got 22:18 for my time. But man, that course was weird. I had no idea where I was half the time, and the majority of the course went uphill. Pretty much everybody in the race was struggling near the end, there were these three hills right before the finish line that kinda sucked the life out of everyone. On the bright side, it was very scenic!

That's rather annoying. Hills are tough, especially unexpected ones. 

I PRed again today at my meet. 22:09!

14 minutes ago, Condensation said:

What was your time before?

Like 27:40, but that was mostly a fluke when my average time was more in the 30-35 range. Now I can tell I'm actually improving; my times had been steadily improving. But this is a decent jump.

36 minutes ago, Condensation said:

What's your time, Mist?

:ph34r:

Maybe take a look up this page.

Spoiler
On 9/5/2020 at 3:37 PM, Mist said:

That's rather annoying. Hills are tough, especially unexpected ones. 

I PRed again today at my meet. 22:09!

2nd meet of the season today, ran on a very familiar course (one I’ve run twice every year since 3rd grade), but the heat just cut down my time, so I only got 7 seconds faster than last meet. Still a good race, but hopefully I’ll do better next week (supposed to be very flat and in the morning, so I’m looking to PR)