I started running officially last year in 7th grade. My 1 mile time was 7:35 (I'm pretty sure) and my 2 mile was 17:18. I didn't do track and kind of stopped running over the summer. Trying to start again. I would have done XC this year, but at my school if you're in middle school you have to use your only elective, so I chose not to.

22 hours ago, Vapor said:

I started running officially last year in 7th grade. My 1 mile time was 7:35 (I'm pretty sure) and my 2 mile was 17:18. I didn't do track and kind of stopped running over the summer. Trying to start again. I would have done XC this year, but at my school if you're in middle school you have to use your only elective, so I chose not to.

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

5 hours ago, Frustration said:

A school that recognizes Cross Country is better than football!

There is hope for humanity!

It's too small for football. It's maybe too small for girls' cross country. There's three of us this year. 

• 1 month later...

A few days ago it was really windy. Probably about 10 mile an hour winds, blowing from the South. That also was the day I had XC. (It started!!!!)

We ran five miles, 2.5 out, 2.5 back. All that was along two roads, one going North/South and being about a mile long and one going East/West and being 1.5 miles (roughly)

We started off running with the wind, nearly sprinting without trying to because of the wind at our backs. That was pretty amazing. But of course, when we had to go back...

We ran a little over a mile into 10 mph winds after running four miles. It was absolutely nuts and maybe even a little bit fun :D 

All in all, it took me 40~ minutes, which sorta made my jaw drop. That's the farthest and fastest I've ran like that, and it was in the wind. I feel super good about this season.

(Also, I got new shoes, and am about to go break them in running my old 5k course around my block. The one that took me 30 minutes and now will hopefully be a lot shorter :D I'll edit in my time after)

No I didn't forget to edit that what are you talking about

Old time- 27:47

Today time: 26:45

It's amazing to me that I shaved off a minute after only a few weeks, but I also was kinda expecting more? I think a huge part of my running game is when there are other people. That makes me a better runner.

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

No I didn't forget to edit that what are you talking about

Old time- 27:47

Today time: 26:45

It's amazing to me that I shaved off a minute after only a few weeks, but I also was kinda expecting more? I think a huge part of my running game is when there are other people. That makes me a better runner.

Yeah, that would make sense. I've noticed that with myself before.