The Runners’ Guild

Ooh I was just thinking that this should exist :P 

I started running regularly in 7th grade, so... 3 years ago. 

I'm sad that my school is starting online because XC starts right then as well, and now it won't :( Apparently until February, and it's really cold in the PNW in February. Right now I'm just running around my block loop twice a week, it's about 3.5 miles, and running a mile or two on my treadmill the other days. The XC high school meets are 3 miles, so a 3.5 mile track is good because if I get used to that, the meets will be a breeze. If they ever happen.

I also do track, which I've only done one year of because covid stopped my second :P. 

Stats.... hmm, let's see...

Best 0.5 mile time (200m track race): 2:10 ish

Best personal mile time: 6:13, I think. Might be 5:59 but I think I'm making up that I did that :P 

Best 1.5 mile time (Middle school XC meets): 10:37 ish

Best 3ish mile time (High school XC meets but the time is unofficial): 28:30 ish. Want it to be below 25, that's what I'm working towards right now.

Eventual goals: -2:00 0.5 mile, -5:45 mile, -10:00 1.5 mile, -25:00 3 mile

Edited by Matrim's Dice

15 minutes ago, Mist said:

PRed today in my race! 22:4X 5K!

Wow! Nice job! I just ran about that- the loop that goes around my block is about 5k, a bit more- just this morning and got like 32 minutes xD. So that's really good! 

7 hours ago, Mist said:

That's ... fun. /s Are you okay? 

Ya, I got it checked and I either don’t have a concussion or it is so small that it is inconsequential, so it is pretty much just a literal baseball sized bump on my head 

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Bearer of all agonies said:

Hey! Everyone here! What is your mile, 2 mile, and 5k times?

Mile- 6:13

(1.5 mile)- 10:48

2 Mile (Never ran officially, but I've done/timed myself)- 15:26

5k (Also never ran officially but I've done/timed myself)- 27:42

Now that I'm starting high school, I'm hoping to improve those. Right now I run a 5k every Tues/Fri just around my block- it's like exactly the distance of a 5k, which is pretty convenient- and 1 to 1.5 miles on my treadmill inside Monday, Wed-Thurs, and Saturday. 

On 8/21/2020 at 1:52 PM, Frustration said:

Hi yes I is runner.

@Experience come quick.

Not sure how I missed this. I run Cross Country and Track. I prefer Cross Country because I'm better at hills then most people but I'm fine in track. 

Ummm. 1 mile best is 5:04. 

Not sure what my 2 mile best is. Let's see, apparently it's 11:18.

My 5k. Hmm. I don't remember my best. I'm not sure what my best 5k is, but my best 3 miles is 16:51.

I run 6 days a week. I guess you could say I like to run. :P 

2 minutes ago, Experience said:

Not sure how I missed this. I run Cross Country and Track. I prefer Cross Country because I'm better at hills then most people but I'm fine in track. 

Ummm. 1 mile best is 5:04. 

Not sure what my 2 mile best is. Let's see, apparently it's 11:18.

My 5k. Hmm. I don't remember my best. I'm not sure what my best 5k is, but my best 3 miles is 16:51.

I run 6 days a week. I guess you could say I like to run. :P 

*clap clap*

I don’t run, but I really want to. I joined XC at my highschool freshman year. Little did I know that we are one of the best/fastest high schools in the country (freshman year I think we were in the top 50? Maybe it was top 10, I don’t remember exactly). Needless to say, it was very intimidating. Most of the girls had been running their whole lives, and I got beaten down and discouraged really quickly. I don’t have a treadmill, and I’m embarrassed running in my neighborhood since most of my neighbors are fellow students that know I’m slow. 

Ill get there one day. Until then, I’m awe over you guys. 

5 hours ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

Hey! Everyone here! What is your mile, 2 mile, and 5k times?

"5K" (3): 22:44.7. It's been a while since I timed the others.

4 hours ago, Hentient said:

I don’t run, but I really want to. I joined XC at my highschool freshman year. Little did I know that we are one of the best/fastest high schools in the country (freshman year I think we were in the top 50? Maybe it was top 10, I don’t remember exactly). Needless to say, it was very intimidating. Most of the girls had been running their whole lives, and I got beaten down and discouraged really quickly. I don’t have a treadmill, and I’m embarrassed running in my neighborhood since most of my neighbors are fellow students that know I’m slow. 

I'll get there one day. Until then, I’m awe over you guys. 

That's really annoying. Good luck!