Enhancement Metals and Metalminds

Raphaborn

After reading a series of Wob's on Enhancement Metals, I was curious about their role at Feruchemy.
Here:

zas678

If you burn nicrosil, will it deplete Feruchemial storages? Or just Allomantic?

Brandon Sanderson

Just Allomantic.

/r/Fantasy_Bookclub Alloy of Law Q&A (Jan. 17, 2012)
-

Kaymyth

I asked the question about chromium vs a Compounder with both Invested and un-Invested metals in both their stomach and piercings.

Brandon Sanderson

What it boils down to is this:

1) Yes, the piercings will get burned off.

2) The non-Invested metals go before the Invested ones. He said that because Invested metals are harder to affect, it takes a little extra time and effort to get them to burn off. So a Leecher trying to clean out a Compounder would have to get a good grip and hang on for a few seconds.

3) Chromium burns about as quickly as duralumin, so if you're trying to burn off a lot of metals, it is possible to run out of chromium before your target is clean. This would probably only be an issue when dealing with larger pieces (like jewelry) rather than your standard metal-flakes-in-the-stomach deal.

ConQuest 46 (May 22, 2015)
-  

Questioner

Could a Leecher take away stores in a metalmind?

Brandon Sanderson

You’ll have to find out.  That’s a RAFO.

Calamity Seattle signing (Feb. 17, 2016)
-

Questioner

What happens if you burn duralumin while Compounding?

Brandon Sanderson

Duralumin while Compounding. So, what duralumin does is it burns out of all of your metal in one burst. So it doesn't necessarily gain you power, it makes it all happen at the same time. The same thing would happen.

Questioner

Could you turn into a baby?

Brandon Sanderson

Oh, you could totally turn into a baby. That is within the power of using that, doing <health wrong>, yeah you could totally... You'd be really dangerous.

Questioner

But it wouldn't really do much?

Brandon Sanderson

Oh it would have explosive... it does things really fast. That's what it does. Yes you could achieve very powerful sudden effects through that. It'd be scary. Controlling it can be dangerous, regardless of which metal you use.

Arcanum Unbounded Seattle signing (Dec. 1, 2016)

-

In the first question he answers that Nicrosil does not affect metalminds, which may indicate that the same is true for other metals.
But in the second he replies that with Compouding the uninvested metals go before the Invested ones in the case of Chromium, in the third he presents a RAFO, and in the fourth he talks about the effect of Duralumin in the Compouding process.
I first wondered if he changed his mind, but then I started a theory.

I believe that normal metalminds are not affected by these metals, not even Aluminum, because Feruchemists do not burn metals after all. But, if you are a Double Twinborn (or somehow have the power to burn the same type of metal as the invested metals that is in your body), it becomes possible to affect even metalminds. Basically forcing your body (or someone else's body to do the Compouding process).
Then Aluminum would have all of its metalminds burned, Duralumin would use them in a single burst, and its external equivalents would allow it to mess with someone else's Compouding process.

What do you think, guys?

Edited by Raphaborn

What I get from all of those WoB's is that Nicrosil only effects Kinetic Investiture. If a Feruchemist was tapping or storing then you could Nicroburst them. It will not work on an inactive well of power like a metalmind doing nothing. The same with Duralumin. Aluminium and Chromium will work on all Investiture if you are skilled and powerful enough. 

I think it's probably like what Dancer said. Also Brandon's previously stated that one could Duralumin burst other Cosmere powers:

Spoiler

Paladin Brewer

If a person had the power of Mistborn and other powers like Surges, could he use duralumin to power the Surges?

Brandon Sanderson

This is possible.

Skyward Houston signing (Nov. 19, 2018)

I think you could Nicroburst a Feruchemist's metalmind if they were tapping at that time, rather than storing or doing neither.

4 hours ago, Dancer said:

What I get from all of those WoB's is that Nicrosil only effects Kinetic Investiture. If a Feruchemist was tapping or storing then you could Nicroburst them. It will not work on an inactive well of power like a metalmind doing nothing. The same with Duralumin. Aluminium and Chromium will work on all Investiture if you are skilled and powerful enough. 

Well, I theorized based on these vague WoBs, trying not to contradict any of them. And the first one says that Nicrosil does not affect Feruchemial storages.
And questions about Chromium and metalminds are RAFO. Except for the specific case about Compouding.