Access to ALL the unpublished works!!!

So I’ve gotten and read Aether of night and alt. Mistborn ending, reading white sand prose, and haven’t read way of kings prime, but know where to find all of em. but I’m still missing some, I’m sure. Could I get some ways to easily get some of these goodies?

Edited by Koloss17

3 hours ago, Koloss17 said:

So I’ve gotten and read Aether of night and alt. Mistborn ending, reading white sand prose, and haven’t read way of kings prime, but know where to find all of em. but I’m still missing some, I’m sure. Could I get some ways to easily get some of these goodies?

You can also go to Brandons website and email brandon and ask for Mistborn Prime

3 hours ago, RShara said:

These are what we've got that are (mostly) working.

That page is outdated, the new version should be linked near the latest posts on that topic.

Edit: here

I mentioned it on Discord, as we forgot to notify anyone when we finished creating the new page

Edited by Honorless

16 hours ago, Koloss17 said:

Currently Final Empire Prime isn't available as far as I'm aware, Dragonsteel Prime is only available in its full and uncensored form if you go to BYU or can get them to loan you a circulating copy and Liar of Partinel is probably never going to be seen in its current form outside the sample chapters already released. And as mentioned, Brandon seems to be giving Mistborn Prime out but only to people who ask him directly.

Given this WoB and the new 'Sanderson Curiosities' collection he started with the release of Way of Kings Prime, it's a safe bet that most of the works will eventually get released in a more formal manner whenever Brandon feels it's appropriate.

25 minutes ago, Weltall said:

Given this WoB and the new 'Sanderson Curiosities' collection he started with the release of Way of Kings Prime, it's a safe bet that most of the works will eventually get released in a more formal manner whenever Brandon feels it's appropriate.

I really hope that he doesn’t plan on releasing Aether and White Sand Prose before Dragonsteel and everything else.

AoN and White sand are basically publicly available as is. He should do the ones with less readership first

so it’ll probably be about 10 years until Dragonsteel Prime is released(assuming he does Aon and White Sand first)
12-15 years for Mistborn/Final Empire Prime

I know brandon is super busy, but like, why do all of his good upcoming novels(un/published) have to be a decade or more away?

This WoB is from this year:

“Yeah. Response to Way of Kings Primewas strong enough that I would at least like to release in hardcover form the ‘good ones.’ The good books from A Sanderson Curiosities are White is SandAether of Night, and Dragonsteel. They are all of an equivalent quality, as in slightly worse than Elantris. Maybe significantly worse, but of a similar sort of problems. They are all good enough books that I don’t think you’ll waste your time reading them. They are just not good enough books that I’d want to mass release them.

“So I would imagine we do one of these per Stormlight Kickstarter. The Stormlight Archive books are just a big enough thing and require big enough funds and things, that we’ll probably continue to do one of those every three years.”

After that, we go down another jump in quality. We have Mistborn Prime and Final Empire Prime, which are probably the next two in quality, where they aren’t bad books, I think they’re readable, but they’re a further step away from what ended up being my vision…then after that we have another big dip in quality. You get things like Star’s End, which was my second novel. You get things like Knight Life…”

The big thing with Dragonsteel is that being Dragonsteel it probably gives away stuff that Brandon either wants to keep quiet about right now or which he plans to change and doesn't want people to be getting the wrong impressions. We know that's the case for Liar of Partinel for example, and Brandon threw enough ]REDACTED] tags into the Dragonsteel snippets he's given us to leave the distinct impression that the book is a lot more spoilery now than Way of Kings Prime was.

So yeah, I'm thinking that while Dragonsteel's literary quality is higher that doesn't guarantee anything about release timeframes and he'll probably do them whenever he feels appropriate on an individual basis.

5 hours ago, Weltall said:

So yeah, I'm thinking that while Dragonsteel's literary quality is higher

I, personally, think Mistborn Prime is way better quality than Dragonsteel Prime.

Anytime i read any of it, i cant help but feel that it was written by someone not yet out of highschool

like, just the very sentence structure is sooo base. Its like brandon just finished his highschool English class and then wrote this novel. 

by that, i mean.... Theres nothing special about this novel. Any young adult who attended school, could write this.

The problem is that while in school, we only learn such a small percentage of any given area of study. And some of what they do teach us, is incorrect/simplified, so when we approach the subject when were older, they’re like “hey you remember when we taught you this? Well... thats not actually hows its done, thats just how kids do it”

and at the time of writing Dragonsteel, Brandon never really got to the “hey, this is actually how its done” phase of writing, and it shows a lot throughout the novel.

Mistborn Prime is a lot closer to Elantris level quality in my opinion.

Grammatically, Dragonsteel Prime is far worse, but just a smidge better, Story wise.

worldbuilding award goes to MB Prime

Edited by Eternal Khol