translations

tanceflam

3 hours ago, tanceflam said:

hi, im new in 17th shard and i know english... but i read books in my native polish.

I wonder - book made by Brandor are published and then translated? or they are given to translate even before they are published in US/UK? does anyone knows that?

We can look at the release dates of translations. Then we have an exact date for the German translation: 2020-11-23. The Spanish version is supposed to be released on the "same week" (You have to trust my Spanish on this - so somebody please check). We can safely conclude that you cannot translate a book of that size in a week.

It likely depends on the size of the target market.

• 4 weeks later...
On 21.08.2020 at 0:59 AM, tanceflam said:

I wonder - book made by Brandor are published and then translated? or they are given to translate even before they are published in US/UK? does anyone knows that?

They are given to publishers before the official release, but the translation might take time. The Polish translation of Oathbringer was divided into two parts: the first was released in November 2017 (same month as the English release!) and the second in April 2018. I would assume something similar for bigger books (e.g. RoW). Novellas, on the other hand, seem to get much lower priority. Snapshot, for example, will be officially released in Poland at the end of this month :)