Long Game 69: The Politics of the Passions

Zillah

Well played. I considered bluffing that I got the two-vote ability, but since we are being honest with one another I will confess to using survival on you. 

It was a last attempt to fix my mistake. I had Ashbringer greened out for fifteen minutes as I watched the timer tick down.

Now it's in the hands of luck again

Illwei and Lknik were fighting, a fiery debate that eventually devolved into accusations and name calling. Illwei struck the final blow by calling Lknik a "diseased feeling smeared on the bottom of an old shoe". That was the last straw for Lknik, he had the support of the spectators who had gathered around to watch the jeering. Lknik stormed off in a huff, with jeers and jabs following after him.

Later that day Illwei gave a speech denouncing Yasdv, exposing supposed embezzlement and intentions to go back on her word regarding promised policy. There were no longer any other advisors to go against his word, nobody to oppose his accusations. Yasdv worked to deny these new accusations but the damage was done. The next day the election results came. Yasdv was done for. Tyedls spies had done their work wonderfully, and Tyedl walked away from the election with a new position, new power, new ambition. Yasdv had lost.

Elkanah has been lynched, they were a member of the Loyal Campaign Staff.

The game is over, the Undercover Emissaries have won.

Vote Count

Elkanah (1): Illwei

Illwei (0): Elkanah

Players List

Dead Doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1G5RF5PXsesnnicXVNiKXF9eggh0UKBbSkBAloyRXkpQ/edit?usp=sharing

Elim Doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DcwLdsi9KRnd6YF2H6Vl8H3M7ltC__OO7k_aRKlzcik/edit?usp=sharing

GM Master Sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1slJNRnOFfZcFRUYT5R8p8q78y418Ifi5cirwef_wz0k/edit?usp=sharing

Spoiler
  1. Experience - Shard Undercover Emissary
  2. Illwei
  3. Matrims Dice - Phil Loyal Campaign Staff
  4. Lotus - Sunwalker Loyal Campaign Staff
  5. TJ Shade - Ylns Loyal Campaign Staff
  6. Frozen Mint Loyal Campaign Staff
  7. Kynedath - Tktk Undercover Emissary
  8. Vapor   Undercover Emissary 
  9. Lord Silberfarben Loyal Campaign Staff
  10. Elkanah - Lknik (a possible addict) Loyal Campaign Staff
  11. The Young Pyromancer - Mancia Young Loyal Campaign Staff
  12. Ashbringer - Faleast Loyal Campaign Staff
  13. Mist - Tara Night Loyal Campaign Staff
  14. Sart the Bard Loyal Campaign Staff
  15. Elandera Loyal Campaign Staff
Edited by Zillah

When I died and learned that @Illwei was an elim, boy was that a shock... applause from me for that.

@Vapor and @Experience, my apologies for finding you out so quickly (and I suppose I sorta guessed @Kynedath as well) even though you ended up winning :D It was a pleasure to out you. I very much enjoyed reading the elim doc as it was written. 

@Elkanah I'm glad I ended up trusting you at the end there. 

Lastly, thanks to @Zillah and @Devotary of Spontaneity for running the game! I had a lot of fun trying to crack it.

That's a lot of tags :ph34r: 

Philico will return.

You know it's got to be a good game when it ends with the last man standing.

@Illwei, you did an excellent job as an Elim. Even I started second-guessing myself at the end just due to how many times Pyro's name popped up in the explanation for why I suspected you... just not enough to trust you to vote on him together. Turns out I was right all along. You did a great job being unpredictable to the point I couldn't understand you being either alignment, and in the crucial moment you managed to win over one of the most experienced players in this game who didn't end up as an Elim alongside you.

(I'd also like to note that this is the second time I've lost a lynch tie to Illwei. I also did that way back in QF46, when Illwei was the Korathi Cultist... let's not make a pattern out of this. I have enough suspicions about "R"NG in this game anyway... :ph34r:).

What else... oh yeah. Sorry for accidentally soft clearing an Elim for so long, and sorry for hyper-tunneling on Mint... again. But other than that I think I did pretty well. It was a really fun game even if we had to reverse our plan for reads halfway through, and I think I spotted a real Elim tell... which I'm not sure if I should share. I kind of like the thought of being a scary endgame player...

Thank you @Zillah and @Devotary of Spontaneity for running this game!

I was kinda hoping that I would be village on my first game back, but I actually had a lot of fun. @Vapor, @Kynedath, and @Illwei. I really enjoyed playing with you guys. And Illwei, Great Job and that narrow win! I really enjoyed coming up with troll notes with you and I think I'll really enjoy playing more games with you in the future. 

Good job @Matrim's Dice, for figuring us out. 

That's all for now. 

So I haven't finished reading the Dead doc, but 
 (1) I feel very proud of myself for fooling people (and feeling lucky for winning the 50/50 w/ Ash :P) Very glad that you were doubting yourself a bit @Ashbringer
 (2) Also I think the reasoning in my head for killing Elandera was that since they were kind of fighting hard For Kyne, then since we killed them hopefully it would make people trust Kyne a bit...

EDIT: @The Young Pyromancer The best guess I could think of you asking to be left alive was because you got a vote manip, which would bring us to another 50/50. also I didn't trust Elk's connection claim at all. Also I did leave you alive, as I moved my kill off of you and onto Mist instead of killing you and winning. Whether or not the vote on me was an accident, it still would have left a 2/3 chance of my loss in that game :P.

Also, yeah I've never lost a tie. wierd...

Was hoping for more commentary in the Elim doc. Maybe I just talk too much :P.

1 hour ago, Ashbringer said:

and I think I spotted a real Elim tell... which I'm not sure if I should share. I kind of like the thought of being a scary endgame player...

wait, was this the tell you thought you saw on me? please? tell me? please?

This was incredibly fun. Much fun. Very Reccomend. I like being Elim. 

EDIT EDIT: Also, wait. You're telling me that Elk picked from Illegal until he had a 60% chance and never got caught?

Edited by Illwei

4 hours ago, Zillah said:

Illwei struck the final blow by calling Lknik a "diseased feeling smeared on the bottom of an old shoe". That was the last straw for Lknik, he had the support of the spectators who had gathered around to watch the jeering. Lknik stormed off in a huff, with jeers and jabs following after him.

...How come Lknik gets to be eliminated by public humiliation and departure from politics while Faleast gets eliminated by being hurled off of a cliff in a fistfight?

And don't say because he'd survive the landing.

55 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Too bad to because Martim had a awesome plan for a secret code

Yeah, and then we both died... Not to mention Illwei was about to set up a PM between us anyway... and Ash also was about to set up a PM between us... that code was really not supposed to happen.

41 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Yeah, and then we both died... Not to mention Illwei was about to set up a PM between us anyway... and Ash also was about to set up a PM between us... that code was really not supposed to happen.

I also tried to set up a PM between us

Edited by Lotus

Wow, great game everyone! That was a blast! It seems I'm a bit rusty at being a standard elim though, I was hiding ad trying t lay low way too much!

Amazing job Illwei, seriously impressive elim skills! I was impressed the whole time. Kudos for playing so well, especially at the end there, you really pulled through!

Matrim, you played phenomenally, you were a huge threat and I'm so sorry that you died because I forgot to move my action off of you! :wacko:

Zillah, thank you so so much for the amazing game, it was a blast to play and I loved the lottery action system! It was very nice to me!

Congratulations to the Undercover Emissaries for another elim win! It was a very close game and a very good play by Illwei to come out as victor in a one-on-one battle that last turn. Thanks to Zillah for running this game and creating such a unique ruleset. I love the ability to take actions based on personal playstyle - higher risk is higher reward, while still letting others be effective but safe.

As always, if anyone would like to try their hand at running a game, please get ahold of Wilson, Devotary of Spontaneity, Elbereth, Araris Valerian, or myself, or post in the GM Signups & Discussion ThreadNot only will we get you added to the list, but we'd also be more than willing to help out in any way we can. 

You can also ask questions and get some hints and feedback from everyone in our Art of Game Creation thread. With all the games that we've run so far, we have plenty of experienced GMs that can help you refine any game you're thinking about. If you would rather keep some detail secret, or are self-conscious about posting in thread (there's really no need to be; while we do slaughter each other, we are very polite about it), then I'm sure one of our fantastic committee members (Amanuensis, STINK, Sart, Fifth Scholar, Straw, Haelbarde, and Young Bard) would be more than willing to help you out in private.

Thanks again to everyone that played, and we look forward to killing seeing you in future games! :ph34r: