Long Game 69: The Politics of the Passions

Zillah

Preparations for the upcoming Thaylen Succession Election have finally begun. You are the top advisers for one of the leading candidates, Yasdv Uynvn. Recent events have the group on edge, and they now suspect infiltrators are giving information to one of the other leading candidates, Tyedl Csuplidn. However with the election coming up fast, decisions must be made quickly, and not everyone will continue to operate within the confines of law.

The Passions have led the Thaylen people well over the years, guiding those in need to success. However they do not always work in the ways one would expect. Strive to excel in the ways most suited to you and oft shall the fates work in your favour.

General Rules

Spoiler
  • During each 48 hour day cycle players will submit a request to receive an action from a specific table of their choice
  • At the end of the cycle any player who has submitted a request will recieve an action from the desired table. The action is decided RNG
  • During the 24 hour night cycle a player may choose to use the action they received , but it is not required
  • Actions used during daytime do not affect a players ability to submit an action request
  • Not all passions in the table have the same chances of being selected, some are more likely than others
  • Table III ( Illegal Stuff
    • Requesting an action from this table results in a 20% chance of being caught
    • The likelihood of being caught increases by 10% each subsequent time you use thus table, it is not reset if you get caught
    • Being caught results in you being unable to request an action next cycle (you can still use the action you received
    • Being caught a second time results in removal from the game
  • PM's can only be made using actions
    • PM's made with actions will stay open for the remainder of the game
  • There are no hidden roles or factions
  • Lynch: No vpote minimum, ties decided RNG
  •  

Factions

Spoiler

Loyal Campaign StaffThe race is neck in neck, and these double agents could pose a serious threat to your candidate. With tensions running high, each day you will remove someone from office in hopes of catching them.

Standard Village faction, lynch all undercover emissaries

Undercover EmissariesYou were sent here by your candidate, as they didn't trust that public opinion will remain in their favour. With the drastic increase in tension you must continue to do your work while attempting to remain undercover.

Standard Eliminator faction, outnumber the loyal campaign staff, They have a doc to conspire in and get a nightly kill

Table I (Safety)

Spoiler

Passion of passion

You can choose which passion from this table (excluding the passion of teamwork) you would like to use this cycle

15%

Passion of survival

All actions targeting you that night will be switched to a player of your choice

15%

Passion of connection

Create one PM between any two players

20%

Passion of empathy

During one of the two following day cycles you may use this and one vote will be removed from your lynch total

20%

Passion of protection

Choose one player to protect from all attacks this night cycle, not including yourself

20%

Passion of teamwork

Choose a player. You learn who targeted that player during this night cycle

10%

Table II (Politicking)

Spoiler

Passion of passion

You can choose which passion from this table (excluding the passion of Research) you would like to use this cycle

15%

Passion of connection

Create one PM between any two players

25%

Passion of sabotage

Can roleblock one player

20%

Passion of logic 

Your vote counts as two votes the next day cycle

15%

Passion of planning

Can send an anonymous message to any single player, and gets two passions next cycle, however only one may be used

15%

Passion of research

Learn the alignment of a player of your choice 

10%

Table III (Illegal Stuff)

Spoiler

Passion of passion

You can choose which passion from this table (excluding the passion of violence) you would like to use this cycle

15%

Passion of survival

All actions targeting you that night will be switched to a player of your choice

20%

Passion of sabotage

Can roleblock one player

15%

Passion of narcotics

You will receive and use a random passion (if the passion requires one or more targets, the targets will be chosen randomly as well)

20%

Passion of coercion

Force any one player to receive their next action from the table of your choosing

20%

Passion of violence

Can attack one player and remove them from the game

10%

Here is a link to a google docs with the rules, as well as the three tables in significantly nicer formatting:   https://docs.google.com/document/d/11lpB6xRY07yPCxO5ps7xOpZ50iSgrbyDBI-zI3TmhYg/edit?usp=sharing

Signups will end Thursday August 26 at 0100 UTC (Zulu) time.

Player List

Spoiler
  1. Experience - Shard
  2. Illwei
  3. Matrims Dice - Phil
  4. Lotus - Sunwalker
  5. TJ Shade - Ylns
  6. Frozen Mint
  7. Kynedath - Tktk
  8. Vapor
  9. Lord Silberfarben
  10. Elkanah - Lknik (a possible addict)
  11. The Young Pyromancer - Mancia Young
  12. Ashbringer - Faleast
  13. Mist - Tara Night
  14. Sart the Bard
  15. Elandera

Spectator List

Spoiler
  1. Gears
  2. Kings Way
  3. Straw

Quick Links

Edited by Elandera

I would like to join!

I keep feeling like I should like...pick a name, and roleplay...like some people do (or like other people pick a name and do nothing)
I mean, SE is under RP...

Edited by Illwei

I will play, will edit in RP character later (and tag you so you know)

Now to read the rules... :P 

Edit: @Zillah, my RP character will be Tozkar, an Alethi man with a Thaylen name and a mysterious future. I hope he doesn't die, as he's featured as a POV in my SA Fanfic...

Edited by Matrim's Dice

@Zillah :ph34r: 

So, after thinking it through, I realized I probably shouldn't use my darkeyed Alethi soldier character (who has a set storyline in my fanfic) as a Thaylen political advisor :P So if it's okay, I will change my RP character. Tozkar will hopefully be back for a more appropriate game.

I think I'll RP as.... hmm.... a cremling! Yeahhhhhh, a cremling.

Please change my RP character to Phil, a literal cremling. Thanks!

I'll sign up as Lknik (pronounced elkana'), a lowborn thaylen with higher aspirations than assistant. I support Yasdv as far as I believe they can support me in achieving my own office later on.

A few questions - 

When submitting an action during the day, am I requesting the action from a table or am I requesting a table from which I will be assigned an action? That is, am I choosing an action and I have a 20% chance of getting it, or am I submitting "I'd like something illegal please" and receiving an illegal ability?

If someone else gets an action, does that preclude me from obtaining the same action? e.g. We all choose the passion of research (or politicking if that is the way), is there a limit beyond the 10% chance on how many of us can receive the action?

If we choose the category instead of the passion, is there any downside to choosing politicking over safety?

Does the passion of narcotics target only illegal actions or all actions? 

Do the passions retain their likelihoods of being selected or do narcotics have an equal shot at achieving any action?

Will we be told what action we are given by the passion of narcotics?

Will we be told who we target with the passion of narcotics?

Will we be told we were targeted by the passion of narcotics? or will we be told we were targeted by whatever action narcotics put us on. sorry, put on us.

What happens if the passion of narcotics gives us the passion of narcotics?

As you can see, my main takeaway from the rules is doing drugs sounds like a lot of fun. B)

On 8/21/2020 at 9:30 AM, Elkanah said:

When submitting an action during the day, am I requesting the action from a table or am I requesting a table from which I will be assigned an action?

You are requesting a table from which you will be assigned an action, so in your GM PM you would say something along the lines of "I want an action from safety table"

If someone else gets an action, does that preclude me from obtaining the same action? e.g. We all choose the passion of research (or politicking if that is the way), is there a limit beyond the 10% chance on how many of us can receive the action?

No, what actions other player receive doesn't affect your chances of getting an action in any way, everyone is independant.

If we choose the category instead of the passion, is there any downside to choosing politicking over safety?

No, it's just up to your personal preference.

Does the passion of narcotics target only illegal actions or all actions?

It targets all actions.

Do the passions retain their likelihoods of being selected or do narcotics have an equal shot at achieving any action?

They will retain the same odds of being chosen.

Will we be told what action we are given by the passion of narcotics?

Will we be told who we target with the passion of narcotics?

Yes to both questions there.

Will we be told we were targeted by the passion of narcotics? or will we be told we were targeted by whatever action narcotics put us on. sorry, put on us.

@Elkanah I am a little unsure of what you mean by "targeted by". If you are asking about what happens when you receive passion of narcotics, I would say in the GM PM "You have received the passion of narcotics, you use (Action) on (Player)" 

What happens if the passion of narcotics gives us the passion of narcotics?

Well, then you get a crisp high five for getting some really great odds. Realistically, I would just redo the RNG for that.

Edited by Zillah

8 hours ago, Zillah said:

I am a little unsure of what you mean by "targeted by". If you are asking about what happens when you receive passion of narcotics, I would say in the GM PM "You have received the passion of narcotics, you use (Action) on (Player)" 

I think he's asking that if I get passion of narcotics, and it targeted TJ with a roleblock, would TJ be told he was roleblocked by the passion of narcotics, or just roleblocked in general?

I do have my own question- If I get the passion of coercion and force someone to take an action from the 'Illegal Stuff' table, is the 20% of being caught in play there?

14 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I do have my own question- If I get the passion of coercion and force someone to take an action from the 'Illegal Stuff' table, is the 20% of being caught in play there?

Yes, the 20% chance of being caught is still in play.

On 8/22/2020 at 8:24 AM, Matrim's Dice said:

I think he's asking that if I get passion of narcotics, and it targeted TJ with a roleblock, would TJ be told he was roleblocked by the passion of narcotics, or

just roleblocked in general?

Yes this :)

@Zillah

Thank you for your answers, I'll see if I can come up with more questions for you.

You know what, I'll play. This may or may not be crazy. I'll do my best to stay at least semi-active. Edit: and should stay semi-active at the very least.

The ship sailed carefully up to the dock. As soon as the gangplank hit the docks, Tara Night crossed, causing quite a few groans. She had been underfoot all journey, hanging from the nets, asking questions, staring over the side of the ship. She rushes up to the palace, for she is not here only for leisure. As she approaches, she hears conversation. "Are you the advisors to Yasdv? I received correspondence requesting my presence for the election."

Edited by Mist