Mid-Range Game 44: Obligations

Straw

Pewter_Symbol.jpg Tin_Symbol.jpg Steel_Symbol.jpg Iron_Symbol.jpg Bronze_Symbol.jpg Copper_Symbol.jpg Brass_Symbol.jpg Zinc_Symbol.jpg Gold_Symbol.jpg

Basics:

Spoiler

-48 hour cycles, days and nights are combined.

-No PMs.

-Metals have a limited number of uses. You will be told how many times you can use your metal. You cannot give your metals to other players. Your metal charges are not revealed when you die.

-Votes have a two vote minimum with no deaths on a tie.

-There is a two cycle inactivity filter.

Factions:

Spoiler

Skaa: A group of infiltrators who are trying to destroy the Steel Ministry from within. The Skaa decide who gets to make their kill each cycle. Using a kill action will replace your metal action for the cycle. You win when you outnumber the Steel Ministry members. The Skaa have a secret doc to plan in.

Steel Ministry: Standard village faction. You win when all of the Skaa are dead.

Metals:

Spoiler

Pewter (Thug): Makes you stronger and increases your endurance. Burning it protects you from one attack. Does not save from being voted out.

Tin (Tineye): Enhances your senses, and with heightened hearing and being able to see through the mists at night, nobody is able to sneak up on you. You are told who targeted you, if anybody did. (if multiple people target you, you will be told of one of them at random)

Steel (Coinshot): With strength and precision, you are able to kill even an Inquisitor with your coinshot powers. Kill one player.

Iron (Lurcher): You do what a Lurcher does best, and you protect your target from one attack. You cannot protect yourself. If you save someone with this, it will be revealed in the writeup.  

Bronze (Seeker): Detect if your target used a metal action, what they were burning, and if they targeted somebody with it, but not the identity of who they were targeting. No alignment revealed.

Copper (Coppercloud): Coppercloud yourself and one target, making both of you immune to emotional allomancy and bronze.

Brass (Soother): Soothe a target, role-blocking their metal-action. This takes priority over Zinc if a Rioter and a Soother target the same person. They will still lose their metal charge. This does not prevent the Skaa kill.

Zinc (Rioter). Riot a player, redirecting their metal action to a target of your choosing. If someone else riots them as well, their original target will be used. You cannot redirect an action that does not have a target. You must redirect someone to a player. This does not affect the skaa kill.

Gold (Augur): The introspective nature of Gold allows you to see what actions you were targeted with the turn you burn it. You will be told up to two actions you were targeted with, if any, but not from whom the actions came from.  

Order of Actions:

Spoiler

Copper
Brass/Zinc
Iron/Pewter
Skaa Kill/Steel
Bronze/Gold/Tin

Welcome to MR44! I am the GM for this game. @Devotary of Spontaneity is the IM.

This ruleset was originally created by @Gamma Fiend. This ruleset was run as MR9.

RP Background: You're a group of new members of the Steel Ministry. This game is set around a hundred years before the Mistborn books.

Signups will end on August 12th at 1:00 PM EST. This will probably be the normal rollover time. The first day will go up 24 hours after signups end.

Player List:

Spoiler

1. Gears - Malcolm Anerchis

2. xinoehp512

3. Lord_Silberfarben

4. Vapor - Grace

5. Elandera

6. Elkanah - Krashe

7. Illwei

8. Sart

9. Sorana

10. Matrim's Dice - Martim

11. A Joe in the Bush - Variois Divide

12. STINK - Delcios Grataste

13. Araris Valerian - Hadrian Penrod

Spectator List:

Spoiler

1. Ashbringer

2. Lotus

3. Mist

4. TJ Shade

Quick Links:

Edited by Elandera

6 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

I’ll play.

And you’ll never guess who I’m RPing as! :P

I assume this is Role Madness, as the original game was, but I do have to ask.

It's technically role madness, in that everyone has a metal. However, someone could possibly start with 0 vials.

Hmmm. Straw, your metal rules make reference to the Night though you mention it will be all in one cycle. Does this refer to banding of actions or...? 

I'm interested, especially since I had to bow out of MR9, but I don't know if I can commit. I will think about it. 

1 minute ago, Kasimir said:

Hmmm. Straw, your metal rules make reference to the Night though you mention it will be all in one cycle. Does this refer to banding of actions or...? 

I'm interested, especially since I had to bow out of MR9, but I don't know if I can commit. I will think about it. 

Yeah, the Night bit is just referring to the other metals. I'll fix it to make it more clear.

I'll sign up. I promise to post at least once or twice every cycle, but my attention may be a little divided so it may not be more than that.

I will be Krashe. An inquisitor who is excellently balanced. Other things just get in his way. He's used to having eyes you see and... now he doesn't because, you know, spikes. 

Not likely to have the time to be super-engaged, but will try to do 1-2 posts per cycle and not get hit by the filter. Expect the usual RP from me :) 

Signing up as Rakis Jerzy, a young, theologically-indifferent obligator from the Canton of Resource who was blackmailed into joining the Steel Ministry.

Edit: I apologise, but I'd like to withdraw. I think I'm not ready to deal with SE games again, due to RL health issues flaring up.

Edited by Kasimir

One day left to sign up, and there’s only 8 people signed up... cmon everyone!

Edit: Unfortunately, I'm also going to have to request a spec doc instead of playing. I've got a lot of IRL stuff coming up with college, and I doubt I could balance this with the LG and everything I need to do IRL.

Edited by Ashbringer

If it's obvious there aren't going to be more people signing up, or delaying would mess with the schedules of too many players, I might just run this as a very low player count (7-13 players) game with whoever is around then.