Mid-Range Game 44: Obligations

Straw

Well, unfortunately I'm going to drop out of my first Co-GM and just play, as this seems like it needs it, and give it a chance to actually run :P I'll run/help run one later, when school didn't just start for everybody.

I'll sign up as Martim, a fat and lazy Obligator.

Iron_Symbol.jpg

Today is your first day at the Steel Ministry! Unfortunately, there are Skaa among you. Your first job at the Steel Ministry is to root them out. Good luck!

GM Notes:
-The cycle will end on August 17th, at 1:00 PM EST.
-Four things to remember:
   + There are no PMs in this game.
   + There is a two cycle inactivity filter in this game.
   + There is a two vote minimum and ties result in no death.
   + There is no night, so get your actions in during this turn.
-If you need a vote count, just @mention me and I'll give you one ASAP!
-If you did not receive a GM PM, let me know ASAP!
-If you're not playing, let me know if you want spec chat access.
Player List:

Edited by Straw

Alas, my village streak continues. Ties result in no death, and there is no vote manipulation. Make sure to avoid ties so we can learn from the lynch. The following is an analysis of metals:

Pewter: Protect from one kill. I would expect few vials as kill protection is valuable. If targeted with 2 kills when burning, you will still die. Note that you must burn your pewter to receive this bonus.

Tin: You know one person who targeted you. I would expect many vials as learning one and only one person that targeted you seems less than useful. To question someone about why they targeted you, you must claim. 

Steel: A kill. I would expect few vials as a kill is valuable. 

Iron: A protect. I would expect few vials as a protect is valuable. If your target gets killed twice, they will still die. However, the Lurcher is vulnerable to being killed. This is announced in the write-up. 

Bronze: Learn if the target used a metal action [so the kill will not be known], which metal, and if they targeted someone. I would expect some vials as this is very informative but NAI. 

Copper: You+1 immune to brass, zinc, and bronze. I would expect few vials as this ensures an action going through. @Straw, would a Seeker scanning a person shielded by copper see them using no metal action? 

Brass: A roleblock [doesn't stop the kill]. I would expect some vials as this is a decent option but doesn't stop the kill. The target still loses the metal charge, so perhaps this could become a war of attrition.

Zinc: A redirect [doesn't affect the kill]. I would expect some vials as this is informative but doesn't affect the kill. 2 Riots cancel each other out, so choose wisely. 

Gold: Tells you what targeted you. I would expect some vials as this is informative but doesn't tell you who did it. 2 actions.

Conclusion: Nothing can affect the kill except for the protects. There is no vote manipulation. Nothing allows one to trace an action to a person. This will be difficult.

Malcolm Anerchis was new to the Steel Ministry. He hadn't even gotten his spikes yet. However, according to the higher-ups, there were skaa in the class. Before anyone got their spikes, the skaa had to be eliminated. He was so looking forward to having a spike for an eye, so he began to ponder methods of catching skaa. However, he came up short. Gold allowed one to know what was affecting you, but not what caused it. Bronze detected if someone was using metals, not who they were using them on, and it couldn't even detect those filthy skaa's kill. Tin told who targeted you, but not what they did, and if the kill targeted you, obviously you'd be dead. It seemed that Iron usage could protect someone else from the skaa and be publicly known, but again, the instigator was unknown. Multiple metals would have to be used in conjunction, but none of them were Mistborn. Would they have to trust each other? He shuddered at the thought, but couldn't think of any other ideas.

Well, I'm back an hour earlier than I had thought! So that's good. 

Nothing much yet. Some role analysis, and an Araris Stab Vote™, (which I do understand isn't a poke.) The analysis by Gears is NAI, as well is the vote. 

I'll wait for other people to say stuff before I do, as per usual :P Let's get those Skaa!

@Straw Is there any way to gain additional charges of your metal? I didn't see it anywhere in the ruleset, but I just wanted to be clear.

Gears. It's sometimes a tell if a player vocally complains that they are a villager after a streak of being a villager.

1 hour ago, Gears said:

Copper: You+1 immune to brass, zinc, and bronze. I would expect few vials as this ensures an action going through. @Straw, would a Seeker scanning a person shielded by copper see them using no metal action? 

Correct.

1 minute ago, Sart said:

@Straw Is there any way to gain additional charges of your metal? I didn't see it anywhere in the ruleset, but I just wanted to be clear.

There is no way to gain additional charges.

2 minutes ago, Sart said:

Gears. It's sometimes a tell if a player vocally complains that they are a villager after a streak of being a villager.

I forgot about my plan to mislead and confuse the village by claiming elim. What a shame. I suppose claiming now would be pointless, so I'll do it anyways. I am an elim. Huzzah, praise Harmony. I am a low-down skaa-blooded individual with no right to be entering the Steel Ministry. I shall kill you all one by one in the night and there is nothing you can do about it since the roleblock and the redirect don't affect the kill. *evil laughter* Strike me down and another shall take my place. This world is nothing but pain under the Lord Ruler's rule, and you Obligators reinforce his rule. We'll bring you down, then we'll bring him down. It's only a matter of time. Fear me and my ilk, but know that we are the ones who will bring down the whole regime. [It actually would have fit my character to be an elim. He's dating the Anarchist somewhere in the timeline, and he may or may not be a professional assassin.]

1 hour ago, Araris Valerian said:

If that's true, it's not helpful. Claiming vanilla means that the elims have an easier time picking out players with roles.

...Didn't think about that at all. Said it partly out of the annoyance when I realized I couldn't get any vials of metal :P 

But actually, that's all a lie! I actually am a coinshot!

Edit: Hey, Vapor! @Vapor Come join the party!

Edited by Matrim's Dice

3 hours ago, Gears said:

Alas, my village streak continues. Ties result in no death, and there is no vote manipulation. Make sure to avoid ties so we can learn from the lynch. The following is an analysis of metals:

Pewter: Protect from one kill. I would expect few vials as kill protection is valuable. If targeted with 2 kills when burning, you will still die. Note that you must burn your pewter to receive this bonus.

Tin: You know one person who targeted you. I would expect many vials as learning one and only one person that targeted you seems less than useful. To question someone about why they targeted you, you must claim. 

Steel: A kill. I would expect few vials as a kill is valuable. 

Iron: A protect. I would expect few vials as a protect is valuable. If your target gets killed twice, they will still die. However, the Lurcher is vulnerable to being killed. This is announced in the write-up. 

Bronze: Learn if the target used a metal action [so the kill will not be known], which metal, and if they targeted someone. I would expect some vials as this is very informative but NAI. 

Brass: A roleblock [doesn't stop the kill]. I would expect some vials as this is a decent option but doesn't stop the kill. The target still loses the metal charge, so perhaps this could become a war of attrition.

Zinc: A redirect [doesn't affect the kill]. I would expect some vials as this is informative but doesn't affect the kill. 2 Riots cancel each other out, so choose wisely. 

Gold: Tells you what targeted you. I would expect some vials as this is informative but doesn't tell you who did it. 2 actions.

Conclusion: Nothing can affect the kill except for the protects. There is no vote manipulation. Nothing allows one to trace an action to a person. This will be difficult.

Malcolm Anerchis was new to the Steel Ministry. He hadn't even gotten his spikes yet. However, according to the higher-ups, there were skaa in the class. Before anyone got their spikes, the skaa had to be eliminated. He was so looking forward to having a spike for an eye, so he began to ponder methods of catching skaa. However, he came up short. Gold allowed one to know what was affecting you, but not what caused it. Bronze detected if someone was using metals, not who they were using them on, and it couldn't even detect those filthy skaa's kill. Tin told who targeted you, but not what they did, and if the kill targeted you, obviously you'd be dead. It seemed that Iron usage could protect someone else from the skaa and be publicly known, but again, the instigator was unknown. Multiple metals would have to be used in conjunction, but none of them were Mistborn. Would they have to trust each other? He shuddered at the thought, but couldn't think of any other ideas.

2 hours ago, Sart said:

Sart took the words out of my mouth. Gears.