Hello! Please reply giving some links to good forums, please!

Voidspawn

Hi everyone! I'm new to 17th Shard, but I've been a Sanderson fan for a while now. I'd like it if people could give me links to some interesting forums, so I can get in on all of the conversation! Thanks! B)

FYI, I am a Dustbringer, if you couldn't tell from my profile pic.

Ah, that seems to be happening a lot these days. Just go to the duplicate topics, click the flag icon at the top of the post, and say you accidentally double-posted, the mods should take care of that.

You could join the 17th Shard on Discord if you're hungry for Cosmere conversation, the link should be on the main page

I THIRD the Discord rec- Lol jk but would take Mist and Honorless up on their suggestion if you want a more fast paced conversation. If you would like to find some interesting topics to chat about on this forum though I would recommend looking at General Brandon Discussion, Stormlight Archive, or any of the topics in the Community section. A good rule of thumb to find interesting conversation is to go the main forum page and see which topics have the most posts in them, the more posts they have, generally the more interesting it is (a very broad rule but just something to get you started). Hope this helps you find what you are looking for. Welcome to the Shard!

You don't need to report multiple posts; the author can remove them themselves. To remove multiple topics, go to the top of the topic, go to Moderation Options, then say Hide.

Anyway, sorry about that and welcome!

17 hours ago, Voidspawn said:

I'd like it if people could give me links to some interesting forums, so I can get in on all of the conversation! Thanks! B)

Welcome!

There's a bunch of Brandon/Cosmere subreddits on Reddit (r/Stormlight_Archive, r/Cosmere, r/brandonsanderson... oh, and r/cremposting). Brandon also posts on Reddit under /u/mistborn.

Welcome to the Shard!

Depends on what you’re interested in honestly, but it seems like mostly discussion areas have been recommended so far, so I’ll slide in some community ones. The Roleplaying forum has some really fun threads, as does the Alleyverse subforum in there. Forum Games is usually a hive of activity and always has something new for you. And this one’s a bit weird, but if you go reading through old status updates on peoples’ profiles...there’s some interesting conversations, jokes, and ideas. 

I’m happy to give more in-depth recommendations if any of that interests you. Hope you like it here! :P 

Welcome! There's a bunch of fun things to find in the Forum Games section. I’m currently running the Cosmere Character Roast Battles, which is exactly what it sounds like. If you’re interested in that our current tournament should be over in a little over a week. If not, there's a bunch of other stuff. If you like role playing you can join the Alleyverse, but @AonEne can explain that better than me because I haven’t joined yet. Anyways, welcome and enjoy the tangents. :D

• 2 months later...
On 10/21/2020 at 11:17 PM, Voidspawn said:

All published books. This means no Aether of the Night, the weird version of Whitesand, but I have read the Way of Kings Prime.

All right, we're happy to have you! I'm especially pleased to find another Dustbringer among the ranks of the Sharders today :D

I spend most(all) of my time in the SA section, where I generously dispense theories. There's a really great(prob one of my favorites) thread here:

Additionally, there are some pretty exciting threads about the Heralds, Odium, the Unmade, you name it, and if we don't have it I'll eat Wayne's hat. Well, maybe just Wax's, but still.