The_God_King

Long Game 68: Aftermath

35 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Elims/Straw - I mean, I don't know what's okay to ask. but why would you have rather killed me over Mist D1? if you remember?

Also why in the rules does it say that Realmatic Theory, History, and Physics are Red Herrings?

Edited by Illwei

3 minutes ago, The_God_King said:

You connected everyone and broke down a lot of barriers that normal blackout games have. It was crazy to see how much information you had gathered rather quickly 

Alles klar :) Yes, I was startled at how much people were willing to say when I wasn't even interested in phishing for info, just suspicions.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Pretty much everything I wanted to say went into the docs, so it'll just be questions here. What roles did the living players have? What were the differences between the rules doc and the actual rules that got used? Was it just that history, realmatic theory, and physics? actually did something? What were the circumstances that caused backgrounds to be activated? What were the actual rules of realmatic theory that caused my vote to show up as having voted for Pyro?

The actual rules are missing the backgrounds, everything else should be consistent. Background activated on a time frame. Realmatic activated Day 2, Chemistry and History activated Night 2 and 3 (I can’t remember the order), medical activated Day 3.

Realmatic should have showed the true origin of any votes in the final vote count for a specific person

@Illwei Originally the backgrounds were misdirects with the exception of medical

Edited by The_God_King

Posted (edited)

Ugh

the first day i read my role and i thought it meant i could save someone from being lynched, instead of eliminating a condition.

so i tried to do some Elimbaiting.

that is why i made that post which i asked for fakeclaims, to make it seem like i was a role scanner. then the elims would kill me, but i would save myself. no deaths.

i then realized my action was not saving, but it was too late.

i guess i did elim bait, they took out someone who could be both benefitian and detrimental, as well as very inactive.

Edited by Lord_Silberfarben

7 hours ago, Illwei said:

Elims/Straw - I mean, I don't know what's okay to ask. but why would you have rather killed me over Mist D1? if you remember?

Personally, I felt that you were a decent D1 death, but that you'd be harder to get rid of later. Also, at that point, I thought that I was going to die due to my disease, and was trying to make it so my death would cast suspicion on Mist/Ash later on.

The Ashyn Study had been promptly shut down, and the interns dispersed. With it had gone his hope of sponsorship to the University in Silverlight, which if you thought about it, Maris should have expected all along. The PIs and the university personnel covered up for themselves and stuck up for each other: the unpaid interns were hung and left out to dry. At least they weren't being made to pay their medical bills. He heard some other interns were suing, but Maris wasn't going to stick around for it.

He was done with Silverlight, for the moment. He was no closer He wanted to be on some other world, exploring, or learning something else. He didn't want to be stuck at Silverlight, waiting for the scraps they were willing to throw at him. Better Kadrim's watchmaking workshop than that. 

He had an article published in the Journal of Applied Realmatics, and a working knowledge of Realmatic theory. They'd healed him of the Ashyn diseases, and while the Ashyn interdiction didn't concern him, Maris rather thought he wasn't interested in revisiting the experience. If he wanted to get a disease, there were better and more interesting ways to catch one back home, involving delectable amounts of debauchery, the sort you'd need to bribe an Obligator to forget about.

Roshar, then? Or Sel?

He flipped the clip, and frowned down at it. It had wedged between the battered wooden table and the peeling wall and so had come down on edge. The Lord Ruler's profile glared sternly at him. No, he wasn't going back to Scadrial. Not quite yet.

For a moment - he shaded his eyes with his hand - he thought he saw a ball of light, flickering across the small, bare room, as though it were a firefly. Folly, that. Maris scooped up his clip and slipped it back into his jacket pocket. He didn't have to decide where he was going, just right now. He knew he was leaving, and that was a start.

After all, it was the journey that mattered, and not the destination.

-finis?

I was right about my elim suspect!? :o Woohoo! First time for everything :D

Alright, so I spent more time figuring who claimed to Kas rather than figuring out the elims :P and here's what I have got.

• Elandera - Thug #1
  • Striker - Cohesion #3
  • Ashbringer - Action Scanner #2
  • Illwei - Target Scanner #2
  • Mint - Vote Scanner #2

Let me know how much I've got right.

@TJ Shade Yup, I was a vote scanner. I also had the ability to to learn other people's abilities which is how I knew Elandera's vote didn't count.

N3 I scanned Frozen Mint and came up with... nothing. She didn't use an action. Seeing now that some backgrounds didn't have effects associated with them that makes more sense, but with the known abilities I could not for the life of me understand why a player wouldn't use a night action, especially since she was hinting Vote Manip as a disease as a day action. So I tried to push that, and got nowhere.

@Ashbringer I think I already used my ability scanning action during the day and the only night action available to me was vote scanning the Straw vote, which wouldn't have given more info? Either that or I forgot :P

I’m really sorry for disappearing at the end there. I just recently moved back into my dorm at college and was dealing with that and the stress of starting marching band camp this week as well. I had a lot of fun playing while I had the time for it, and I was indeed the other double voter that claimed to Kas. 

8 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

I’m really sorry for disappearing at the end there. I just recently moved back into my dorm at college and was dealing with that and the stress of starting marching band camp this week as well. I had a lot of fun playing while I had the time for it, and I was indeed the other double voter that claimed to Kas. 

Basically the only reason that you were to be the only surviving villager in the event of an elim victory is because I thought you could be be the Thug because I blocked you and nothing happened :P

3 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Basically the only reason that you were to be the only surviving villager in the event of an elim victory is because I thought you could be be the Thug because I blocked you and nothing happened :P

Dude, I figured the jig was up when Vapor revealed the vote scan because only Elan's was missing and I'd said the Thug had the vote-doesn't-count issue. :P I figured it might happen but figured the vote data was important. I assume that was why Mint was unhappy about it too, because it outed Elan and meant you all weren't going to potentially waste a kill.