Timetable extrapolation of releases

RazeU

Just did some quick math using the general pattern of time between releases that Brandon has used so far. I wanted some of you people to check my math. I won’t give the numbers I used so as not to skew results. But I came to the conclusion that it’s possible to be around 25 years from now when we get book 10 of the Stormlight Archive. And I can’t decide whether to laugh or cry. 

Edited by RazeU

2 minutes ago, RazeU said:

Just did some quick math using the general pattern of time between releases that Brandon has used so far. I wanted some of you people to check my math. I won’t give the numbers I used so as not to skew results. But I came to the conclusion that it’s possible to be around 25 years from now when we get book 10 of the Stormlight Archive. And I can’t decide whether to laugh or cry. 

Nope, nope can't hear you.

Just now, Frustration said:

Nope, nope can't hear you.

Lol it’s not exact. With the disruption for the WoT finishing project and him possibly doing the final Mistborn trilogy faster than the same amount of SA books would take. Maybe closer to 20? 

1 minute ago, RazeU said:

Lol it’s not exact. With the disruption for the WoT finishing project and him possibly doing the final Mistborn trilogy faster than the same amount of SA books would take. Maybe closer to 20? 

Still can't hear you.

Anything more than ten years is unacceptable.

Not exactly news.

One Stormlight book takes about three years (time between releases, not just writing time) and I doubt Brandon will significantly cut that time down. With 6 books left that makes it about 18 years.

But then we must remember that Brandon plans to take a break between pentalogies to write other stuff like Mistborn, Elantris sequels and stuff like that. Which adds a few more years. Even assuming Brandon pumps out one book a year and writes nothing but Mistborn Era Three and Elantris sequels, that makes it 5 years. So the most optimistic, totally unrealistic estimate would be 23 years. If we try to be a bit more realistic, let's round it up to 25; if we make Mistborn Era 3 and Elantris sequels take 1.5 year each + some smaller thing, it adds another 3 years. We're at 28 years. That is a *long time* and lots of unforeseen stuff can happen. I think we can safely round it up to 30 years to get something resembling a realistic guess.

1 hour ago, Frustration said:

Anything more than ten years is unacceptable.

Anything less than 20 years is undoable.

@Oversleep I really posted this hoping to be proven wrong lol. And I’m not complaining. I’ll enjoy the ride. Honestly I should never have gone down the rabbit hole of putting a number to it. Once I did the idea of 25 years numbed me a bit. But it’s going to be a long. Drawn out. Teasingly enjoyable and excruciating journey. Happy to have this community to enjoy it with. 

51 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

Anything less than 20 years is undoable.

Ok, here's the plan

Spoilers for Mistborn

Spoiler

Someone needs to Ascend to Harmony, and give everyone in the fandom A - Cadmium, and Brandon A -Bendalloy and F - Zinc and then supercharge the burning so in what feels like a few seconds for us lets Brandon get a huge lead on us.

We can then give Brandon Atium compounding so he can go back his age.

19 minutes ago, Frustration said:

Ok, here's the plan

Spoilers for Mistborn

Reveal hidden contents

Someone needs to Ascend to Harmony, and give everyone in the fandom A - Cadmium, and Brandon A -Bendalloy and F - Zinc and then supercharge the burning so in what feels like a few seconds for us lets Brandon get a huge lead on us.

We can then give Brandon Atium compounding so he can go back his age.

As amazing as this sounds... *sigh* I will be between 20-40 when I finally finish SA. *SIGH*