The US Row cover

Chiberty

On 8/17/2020 at 0:01 PM, Innovation said:

@SteelShaper I think Adolin gains Breath from a Worldhopper for whatever reason. What we see bellow Adolin is a Breath aura. The two known Awakened Swords have either no aura (Azure’s blade) or deepen colors (Nightblood). Adolin’s aura is neither of those. 

But that isn't what breath auras do either. They brighten colors not give off a prismatic spray.

I think the most likely answer is that the cover isn't entirely canonical and the rainbow is just a hint towards Nalthis investure. As far as breaths vs awakened sword I'd much rather see a sword, it would fit his character quite nicely. 

Edit: oops, just saw the debunk

Edited by Elsecaller_17.5

10 minutes ago, Elsecaller_17.5 said:

But that isn't what breath auras do either. They brighten colors not give off a prismatic spray.

I know, but that is somewhat hard to tell on dark obsidian. It seemed like an artistic rendition of a Breath aura to me. Regardless Adolin doesn’t have any Breath. It would be an interesting plot device if he did though. 

3 hours ago, Elsecaller_17.5 said:

Well, that's not entirely true. The God King's aura separates white into a prismatic spray. But it's only white and only someone of the 10th heightening which is such a huge amount of Breath that they started a religion and government just to keep it safe. So we probably won't be seeing that again any time soon.

On 8/17/2020 at 1:04 PM, Eluvianii said:

Aren't drabs actually normal people everywhere else, but since they're so used to having Breath, they feel so different?

Also, about the cover, call me crazy but that doesn't look like a sword to me.

I noticed that too. I thought that it was a walking stick (a fancy (Shard-?) walking stick) until looking through this thread. 

On 8/17/2020 at 3:16 PM, bdoble97 said:

That's what I was thinking also. You worded it better than I could have. I think she is soulcast the beads of the ocean into rock bc the rocks they are standing on look live waves. 

Can you Soulcast beads? Because I'm thinking no because of interfering Investiture. She could be manifesting something (and maybe Soulcast that, but would that run into the same problem?)

12 hours ago, rjl said:

In response to the nightblood speculation etc. We have an answer and it's NO. See attached quote from Michael Whelan's assistant

Screenshot 2020-08-18 at 11.43.36.png

source: https://www.tor.com/2020/08/17/behold-the-cover-to-rhythm-of-war-the-fourth-book-in-brandon-sandersons-stormlight-archive/comment-page-2/#comment-878270

I just want to point out that it says "another blade." Which raises the question, does he mean another from Adolin's Shardblade? He didn't capitalize "blade," so I'm thinking not another Shardblade, so maybe Adolin gets a regular blade, albeit an embellished one, for Shadesmar?

12 minutes ago, GoWibble said:

I just want to point out that it says "another blade." Which raises the question, does he mean another from Adolin's Shardblade? He didn't capitalize "blade," so I'm thinking not another Shardblade, so maybe Adolin gets a regular blade, albeit an embellished one, for Shadesmar?

Shardblades are the only type of blade it can't be. Shardblades in Shadesmar are just spren.

18 minutes ago, bdoble97 said:

@GoWibble I guess you can not soulcast beads but don't those rocks look like waves 

so, yes, the landscape kind of looks supernatural, but there are plants and other stuff very close nearby. I don't think that 'underwater' in Shadesmar is described as having flora

10 minutes ago, GoWibble said:

so, yes, the landscape kind of looks supernatural, but there are plants and other stuff very close nearby. I don't think that 'underwater' in Shadesmar is described as having flora

I was think that they where just at the shore line. But who knows 

OMG I looooove this cover.

I'm guessing the ground is like waves because in the physical realm it's actual water.  

The orange diamonds look like fairly normal cubic crystal formations?

Could the strange tower be:

"He must pick it up, the fallen title! The tower, the crown, and the spear!"

(Or was that in relation to the big plateau on the Shattered Plains? I think it was called "the tower?")

I've got nothing as to why Adolin's hair is like that.  Unless we're reading too much into it?  Is it suppose to be white, or it is just a trick of the light?

Also.....Shallan is holding a gem of some sort........mmmmmmmm strange gems.....black sphere?

sharowco.png

Edited by Zelly

10 hours ago, bdoble97 said:

He has already been on a cover. I love this cover. Mabye we could get a inside the cover like of him like we have gotten for the past 2 books 

I can't remember when but I think we've been told somewhere that the inside covers will be pictures of Heralds like they were for Oathbringer.

On 8/20/2020 at 7:19 AM, bdoble97 said:

I hope Howard Lyion will be painting o e he is an amazing artist 

On 8/20/2020 at 5:45 AM, rjl said:

I can't remember when but I think we've been told somewhere that the inside covers will be pictures of Heralds like they were for Oathbringer.

Brandon showed us the one for Taln earlier this year. 

latest?cb=20200212072000

On 8/17/2020 at 7:30 PM, bdoble97 said:

Those Orange diamonds just pop out so much to me. What are they 

Screenshot_20200817-132914_Gallery.jpg

I have no idea what they are, however I would guess they inspired the Ghostbloods' symbol. My first thought on seeing them was: 'this symbolizes that Shallan is on a Ghostblood mission' - until I realized it was unlikely the cover showed any 'symbolic comment' like that.

On 8/17/2020 at 9:16 AM, Chiberty said:

https://www.tor.com/2020/08/17/behold-the-cover-to-rhythm-of-war-the-fourth-book-in-brandon-sandersons-stormlight-archive/

RhythmOfWar-coverart_1400px.jpg.b085b6ffa3458f89209e2b168fbf512a.jpg

This is very similar to the other covers, bit a few interesting things are different. What can we glean from it?

Adolin’s hair is WHITE and black. So blond = white? Interesting... Are we ever told his shade of blond prior to this? (I actually knew someone with that shade, but usually authors make a point if it is.)

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

• 1 month later...