The US Row cover

Chiberty

1 hour ago, Drayal said:

Well there's azure's sword in Oathbringer which presumably was made after nightblood. Perhaps the sword Adolin is holding is the same type or even the same one?

Good point but would she give it to Adolin. I dont think so.

18 minutes ago, Goatbringer said:

That's my thought as well. Maybe I'm colourblind, but doesn't that hair look silver rather than golden-blonde with dark flecks? Could this be someone with the royal locks of Idris? The rainbow only furthered that suspicion.

So you dont think its Adolin. Could it be another world hopper

1 minute ago, Goatbringer said:

I think it's most likely Adolin due to confirmation in the Amazon blurb... but I think it could be really fun if it isn't!

Yea it would cool. The hair definitely looks silver or Gray. Could Adloin not be Dalinar's son and his father be a world hopper and now Adloin finds out he has the ability to use breath hahah that's a crazy idea 

5 minutes ago, Innovation said:

Adolin seems to have Breath. I highly doubt that what he is wielding is an Awakened sword. As for his hair, what could be a better disguise? Lightweaving his hair to change colors and people will associate Adolin with silver hair, rather then blond and black. 

I was never a big fan of have one get's the breaths. Could he take the breath from the fused and would that even work.

3 minutes ago, Innovation said:

Only people from Nalthis have Breath, so I don’t think the Fused would. Adolin could have gotten it from a Worldhopper somehow. 

If only people from Nalthis have breath so Adolin would have to have some one on his mother side from Nalthis. Could that explain why his brother's bond with his spren is different. Man soooo ma y questions

3 minutes ago, bdoble97 said:

If only people from Nalthis have breath so Adolin would have to have some one on his mother side from Nalthis. Could that explain why his brother's bond with his spren is different. Man soooo ma y questions

What I’m saying is that Adolin may have gained some Breaths somehow, possibly to the 3rd or 4th, maybe even 5th Heightening. That would explain his aura of color. 

28 minutes ago, Chiberty said:

Ok cool. I am also looking forward to the porosses/ idea painting Mr. Whelan does for the covers they are always interesting as well 

36 minutes ago, bdoble97 said:

Only people from Nalthis are born with Breath. Anyone from anywhere can use Breath. Being from Nalthis wouldn't have any particular benefit over anyone else in that regard. They're only ever born with 1 Breath and it takes many Breaths to do anything with it. Everyone who uses Breath has to get it in the same way, from a lot of other people born on Nalthis. The only advantage related to Nalthis is if you're actually on Nalthis because that's where most of the Breath is. Anyone from anywhere has exactly the same advantages as long as they're on Nalthis. Actually someone from Nalthis is at a bit of a disadvantage in some sense because someone from elsewhere could lose their Breath with no drawbacks while a Nalthis native becomes a Drab without their Breath.

Also, I don't think someone with Nalthis ancestry born on another planet would have Breath either. I'm pretty sure it's literally whether you're born on Nalthis or not because Breath comes from the Shard Endowment that is located on Nalthis. I could definitely be wrong, though.

9 minutes ago, Diomedes said:

Shallan looks uneasy or disturbed. This could point towards her character arc in RoW. 

She also holds up a (black?) sphere. I don`t know what to do with this. 

Oh I think she is going to be jumping on the Crazy train big time in this book with Veil driving it having a blast. 

17 minutes ago, Ansalem said:

Actually someone from Nalthis is at a bit of a disadvantage in some sense because someone from elsewhere could lose their Breath with no drawbacks while a Nalthis native becomes a Drab without their Breath.

Aren't drabs actually normal people everywhere else, but since they're so used to having Breath, they feel so different?

Also, about the cover, call me crazy but that doesn't look like a sword to me.

2 minutes ago, Eluvianii said:

Aren't drabs actually normal people everywhere else, but since they're so used to having Breath, they feel so different?

Also, about the cover, call me crazy but that doesn't look like a sword to me.

What els could it be other then a sword. I think it's a sword but way to thin of a blade. Really would have loved to see Adolins shard blade on the cover 

2 minutes ago, Master Silver said:

One interesting thing we learned last time our heroes were in Shadesmar, is that stormlight is valuable. With Dalinar being able to renew Stormlight, our heroes could certainly buy whatever they want. Weren't there swords for purchase at one of the markets?

Yea there was some cool chain thing I remember. I loved the chapter I. Shadesmar

3 minutes ago, Innovation said:

It could be possible that the light bellow Adolin is some kind of Spren, or the effect of some kind of Spren. However, I still think it is Breath. 

It would also match the description of a Truthwatcher spren in the PR exactly.

The more I'm thinking of it, the more I'm sure that it's an Awakened sword. If you look at it, it looks like the rainbow on the rock is coming out of the tip of the sword and there's nowhere else in the picture that has a rainbow aesthetic. Considering how integral the rainbow or the aspect of 'colour' in general is to Nalthis, I don't think this is a coincidence. It also looks bigger and more ornate than any other kind of basic broadsword that Adolin would take into Shadesmar.

I'm excited about the possibilities!  

6 minutes ago, Goatbringer said:

The more I'm thinking of it, the more I'm sure that it's an Awakened sword. If you look at it, it looks like the rainbow on the rock is coming out of the tip of the sword and there's nowhere else in the picture that has a rainbow aesthetic. Considering how integral the rainbow or the aspect of 'colour' in general is to Nalthis, I don't think this is a coincidence. It also looks bigger and more ornate than any other kind of basic broadsword that Adolin would take into Shadesmar.

I'm excited about the possibilities!  

Could the sword be something. Something similar to the heavenly ones spears. I know that's completely opposite what you were just saying but I was just looking at this sword some more and I just thought of this 

42 minutes ago, Eluvianii said:

That part I'm not sure about. But either Nalthis natives have a disadvantage or there's no difference. Being a Nalthis native isn't a benefit on its own is the main point I was getting at.