Guest Somebody from Scadrial
On 10/5/2020 at 1:31 AM, Aspiring Writer said:

This is... really generic and overdone. The second I saw control of the elements, I legit groaned. My advice? Back away from this idea. It won't gain any traction. Sorry, but the idea of controlling the elements has been done fr too much, and without a unique spin, it isn't worth people's time, including yours. Granted, you might be able to make it a bit interesting with the time periods, as elemental control is normally used in ancient eras, which would be the unique spin you need, but you will need very in-depth knowledge on the evolution of technologies and how your magic systems would impact what areas, otherwise you'll pull a legend of Korra crap where  technology evolves without bothering to think how being able to control elements may hamper or excavate it. 

On 10/5/2020 at 8:53 AM, Aspiring Writer said:

Yeah, and those fantasy stories are seen as pretty generic as well. The reason some are so popular is their worldbuilding and characters, not the magic. You can go with your idea if you want, but it is fairly generic. Also, dude, no rust it's your decision. I'm just giving you my perspective on it.

Hey could you check out my elemental magic system? It's called Somebody your a Total!

5 hours ago, Akira444 said:

Yeah, I'd like to check it out too.

7 hours ago, Somebody from Sel said:

Hey could you check out my elemental magic system? It's called Somebody your a Total!

Okay, your thing auto corrected your title which is why i couldn't find it. here's the link for Akira and anyone else wanting to look at your system. I'll give you a response soon. 

4 minutes ago, Voidspawn said:

Isn't lightning technically just fire?

3 minutes ago, Voidspawn said:

Does this include magma, or lava, which is basically just liquid fire/earth?

Lightning would be plasma, not fire. Fire is just really REALLY hot air is the thing. Like, this is part of why elemental magics are always a bit annoying to me because people do not understand what the hell a lot of things would be categorized, evident from the four elements being fire, liquid, air, and earth rather than solids, liquids, gases, and plasma. Granted, it's not supposed to be scientific and it technically doesn't break any rules, but it shows a lack of understanding or they do understand and just don't want to get that complicated, which I can understand, this is not simple stuff. And actually... there is a great video for this. I introduce to you... SHADIVERSITY. Enjoy his video on elemental magics, it's good. (He helped Brandon Sanderson on one of his books, specifically an SA one.)

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Aspiring Writer said:

Of course, you both like him as well. You two have excellent taste. By the way, Can I be your shard buddy?

Hey I like him as well (I channel hopped from Skallagrim to him) so you can count me in that number 

5 hours ago, Mage said:

Heck yeah. Magic powers.

If you like magic there are several magic systems in this topic (namely mine Aspire's and Fadran's in order of importance from most to least)