The Mishmash Inn (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

28 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Well, if anybody ever needs your help with anything, then help them. Staff quarters is on the third floor behind the ballroom. Apart from that..." He shrugs. "Just do the librarian thing."

Ella nodded, looking around to see if anyone needed her help. When she could see no one immediately looking for help, she went to a desk that appeared to be for her, then took a seat, pulling a book from a nearby shelf. 

This is living the dream. She thought, sighing as she relaxed, letting herself into another world.

7 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"We're always hiring, yes. Just check the first post in the thread to see what jobs are available." Tina smiles sweetly.

Mira scanned the list of jobs. Lifeguard... she couldn’t swim. Deskboi... she was not going back to retail. Librarian... and be surrounded by stuffy old books all day? No thanks. 

“I’ll be a Butler — if my, erm, lack of beard is acceptable.”

Disclaimer: libraries and librarians are cool, Mira just hates reading

17 minutes ago, The Awakened Salad said:

“I’ll be a Butler — if my, erm, lack of beard is acceptable.”

"We have no shortage of butlers without facial hair. Employee quaters are on the third floor behind the Ballroom. Enjoy your stay here!"

10 minutes ago, Vapor said:

Grace walks over to the librarian. "Hello?"

"Hello, young 'un!" Mr. Sia responds.

1 minute ago, turtle said:

“Yep.” Evrena Said, trying to act a lot more confident than die actually was. 

Tira checks her computer. "You'll be in room A4. Here's your key! Would you like to be upgraded to Copper Guest, free of charge?"

7 hours ago, The Awakened Salad said:

“Thanks! So, when do I start? I’m assuming whenever the ballroom is open?”

"Yep! Your job is more of a night shift, so during the day, you can just do whatever."

20 minutes ago, Mist said:

Tira checks her computer. "You'll be in room A4. Here's your key! Would you like to be upgraded to Copper Guest, free of charge?"

We actually upgrade people to Copper Guests automatically if they plan on staying over a night. Coppers are given rooms on Floor 2: B1 - B12, I think.

An announcement calls through the loudspeaker. "To all employees, your wages have been updated. Please check your cards to see you new balance."

Check the first post to see your wages!

Edited by Channelknight Fadran

The Café is open!

Today's special: Donuts with whatever you can imagine on them

Trivia question: Same as the last two days, since no one answered it! What friend and other author did Brandon reference in Well of Ascension by naming a character after him?

We also have a spicy new addition to our offerings, if you know where to look.

Edited by Negative_Null

Just now, turtle said:

"What machine is it? I use a French press"

FRANCE!!!!

A man walks into the Inn, hands Tina a card, and then stalks into the Breakfast Buffet. He takes a seat by himself in a booth, warily eyeing everybody there. You don't think anything of him until you spot a flicker of movement from his hands; so fast you only barely spotted it.