The Mishmash Inn (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

Phillip walks over to the list of employee jobs and expectations, and finds the Deskboi entry:

(Fadran wrote it)

Deskboi: A Deskboi must know anything and everything about comic books, tabletop RPGs, old animes, movies, video games, and conspiracy theories, to correct any customer who enters the Nerd Game Store thinking they know more. A true Nerd Deskboi will always be within ten feet of cosplay, and surrounded with the 7-dice sets at all times.

He rubs his chin, admitting to himself that he might be... lacking... in some of those areas. But he could manage. He had been a big fan of Majyk: Da Gaathurring and Dongens n' Drakgons as a boy.

Queen walks into the inn, exhausted. "I'll take a room." She says, trudging up the stairs.

Ella sighed, finally reaching the library. She looked up. And up. And up. Books climbed the walls, reaching higher than anything that had an end. She got to work here? It was a dream come true.

Edited by DramaQueen

42 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

Queen walks into the inn, exhausted. "I'll take a room." She says, trudging up the stairs.

Ellie sighed, finally reaching the library. She looked up. And up. And up. Books climbed the walls, reaching higher than anything that had an end. She got to work here? It was a dream come true.

"Welcome! How long do you expect to be staying? Do you have any luggage that needs carrying?" Tira says perkily. 

Maximilian climbs the stairs and goes to his room. Once he is inside he closes the door and locks it. He mutters a several words under his breath and his luggage appears in his room from the aether. With a wave of his hand his luggage unpacks itself. He walks over to the bed and collapses into unconsciousness.

9 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

An older fellow walked up to Ellie. "Hello, young 'un. You new here?"

I said in the PM that, first of all, Ellie is an old lady, so she's not exactly a "young 'un" and, second of all, that she's going to be the librarian. Do I need to apply in character?

21 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

I said in the PM that, first of all, Ellie is an old lady, so she's not exactly a "young 'un" and, second of all, that she's going to be the librarian. Do I need to apply in character?

Whoops.

An older fellow walked up to Ellie. "Hello, madam. You new here?"

Phillip waved to get the attention of an inn worker. "Excuse me, I have taken the job as a... Deskboi, and would like to know where to check in and get started. Also, I don't have a room yet, and will thus have a difficult time staying long enough to work."

4 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Phillip waved to get the attention of an inn worker. "Excuse me, I have taken the job as a... Deskboi, and would like to know where to check in and get started. Also, I don't have a room yet, and will thus have a difficult time staying long enough to work."

"Hmm?" The worker looks up from their Raid: Shadow Legends game. "Oh! Uh... The Nerd Game Store is down the hall, up the stairs, right next to the Rave Room. You'll recognize it by the massive poster of Xanathar hanging out front. Staff lodging is on the third floor, behind the Ballroom."

Night, all!

6 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Hmm?" The worker looks up from their Raid: Shadow Legends game. "Oh! Uh... The Nerd Game Store is down the hall, up the stairs, right next to the Rave Room. You'll recognize it by the massive poster of Xanathar hanging out front. Staff lodging is on the third floor, behind the Ballroom."

Phillip thanks the worker, and walks the direction indicated.

Xandathar, he thinks to himself. Who is Xandathar?

Well, it was next to the Rave Room. That would likely be useful. In fact, Phillip soon passed a closed door where he could here loud upbeat music coming from the inside. He concluded that this was the Rave Room, using his Nerd skills and proving himself to be a viable Deskboi.

Looking around, it was then obvious who Xandathar was. The giant poster of a black demon surrounded by lava was a dead giveaway, that and the cryptic cursive lettering at the bottom of the poster reading Xandathar.

He poked his head in the door that fit the requirements. "Hello?"

Also night, all!

1 hour ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Phillip thanks the worker, and walks the direction indicated.

Xandathar, he thinks to himself. Who is Xandathar?

Well, it was next to the Rave Room. That would likely be useful. In fact, Phillip soon passed a closed door where he could here loud upbeat music coming from the inside. He concluded that this was the Rave Room, using his Nerd skills and proving himself to be a viable Deskboi.

Looking around, it was then obvious who Xandathar was. The giant poster of a black demon surrounded by lava was a dead giveaway, that and the cryptic cursive lettering at the bottom of the poster reading Xandathar.

He poked his head in the door that fit the requirements. "Hello?"

"Hello! I'm glad we found a better Deskboi; I've been doing a subpar job at best. I had to leave this post to put the vending machine back, and my knowledge of nerdy stuff is rather low. I'm sure you'll do great! See you!" Shay responds to Phillip.

That night, posters were stealthily put up in the lobby and fliers attached to doors

UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT

The Mishmash Inn Café is open for business for all your daily needs! Come for a snack, a beverage, a pick-me-up, any time of day or night! We also serve your non-dietary needs: the Café will host trivia contests daily and offer conversation starters with every order to more than two people and book recommendations to people who order alone. Make your way to our Café!

(Now hiring waitstaff, pastry chefs, and anyone who knows how to make coffee)

This took me to long to get around too.

Kindness is around, though a little more reserved.  She is a Portal Operator, so if you need a, well, a Portal Operator (man, I wish I didn't have to use the same words twice in a sentence.), just tag me, as I probably am not going to do a very good job keeping up with this.

9 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Okay! It looks like he's just over there." Tari points to Fadran.

Diana looked at Fadran happy to have chance to live here for longer.

“Good morning, I would like to work here. Could you please tell me what do I need to do and do you have any left place?”

5 hours ago, Emi said:

Diana looked at Fadran happy to have chance to live here for longer.

“Good morning, I would like to work here. Could you please tell me what do I need to do and do you have any left place?”

"Just check the first post for some open positions." Fadran replies. "We have several open Level 1 positions."

9 hours ago, Mist said:

"Hello! I'm glad we found a better Deskboi; I've been doing a subpar job at best. I had to leave this post to put the vending machine back, and my knowledge of nerdy stuff is rather low. I'm sure you'll do great! See you!" Shay responds to Phillip.

"Well..." The person who was seated at the desk prior to his arrival left promptly, and Phillip's voice trailed off. He had... no idea of what to do. Well, he thought to himself, might as well go behind the desk

Behind the glass desk that doubled as a display case- showcasing numerous fantasy character models and video game discs- there was a note of instructions, a comfy chair, and a mini fridge hidden under the solid part of the counter, where the cash register was. Phillip examined the note, which read as follows:

Welcome New Employee!

Things you should know:

• Opening time is at 7:00 am sharp!
  • Closing time is 5:00 pm on weekdays, with a 7:00 pm closing on weekends
  • Lunch is from 12:00 pm - 12:30 pm
  • You are allotted 2 half-hour breaks a day. There is a 'come back soon' sign under the counter to use when away.
  • Contact @Channelknight Fadran, @Manager, or @UnderManager if you have any questions! 

Phillip blinked at the hours. Wasn't there shifts, or something? He checked the clock, which was detailed with a picture of Zyndarfaorn from Shadow kNights, which read 6:54 am. Blast! Looks like his first shift was to be soon. He strode to the entry door, turned on the 'open' sign, and walked back behind the desk.

10 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Welcome New Employee!

Things you should know:

• Opening time is at 7:00 am sharp!
  • Closing time is 5:00 pm on weekdays, with a 7:00 pm closing on weekends
  • Lunch is from 12:00 pm - 12:30 pm
  • You are allotted 2 half-hour breaks a day. There is a 'come back soon' sign under the counter to use when away.
  • Contact @Channelknight Fadran, @Manager, or @UnderManager if you have any questions! 

Thanks a bunch for this!

9 minutes ago, Emi said:

Sure, what are level one jobs?

Lifeguard: Guards that guard the life vests with their life.
Engineer: They operate the Vending Machine
DJ: they run the rave.
Desktop Boyo: They sell stuff at the Nerd Game Store.

3 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

The Café is open!

Monday's specials: Smoothies are half off!

Today's trivia question: What friend and other author did Brandon reference in Well of Ascension by naming a character after him?

Answer the trivia question and get one menu item free!

By half off do you mean 0? Because 0 divided by 0 is 0? Or do things in the cafe cost MM now (I'm cool with any of those things).