The Mishmash Inn (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

You stand before the Mishmash Inn, exhausted from your many adventures. This place is a five-star Adventuring Hotel: The perfect place to relax after a long campaign.

Entering the building, you are welcomed by a smiling receptionist. "Hi, welcome the Mishmash Inn. How may I help you? If you're here to stay, I can automatically upgrade you to a Copper Guest. Oh, or are you looking for work? We're always in need of more staff."

She gestures behind herself. "If you would like to take a room and stay here for awhile, then go talk to Tari: she can help you get signed up for a room. We have an all-you-can-eat Breakfast Buffet in the morning that runs from 7:00 - 10:30. If you would like to apply for a position as employee, then talk to our UnderManager, @Channelknight Fadran. I hope you enjoy your stay here!"

It's finally up! Haha!

Here's a link to the Discord: https://discord.gg/H6Xw6wb. Tag me if you would like to join the PM.

Various jobs in the Mishmash Inn:

(Level 0) As an Employee, you can either be a Receptionist or a Accountant. You make 2 MM an hour.
(Level 1) As a Valued Employee, you can either be a Lifeguard, Engineer, DJ, Chef, or Deskboi. You make 5 MM an hour.
(Level 2) As a Amazing Employee, can either be a Butler, Portal Operator, Librarian, Master Chef, or Chief Lifeguard (that's not actually all of the roles, but I don't have actual roles for everything yet). You make 7 MM an hour.
(Level 3) An UnderManager is... well, the manager. You make 10 MM an hour.
(Level 4) Manager is the actual manager, but doesn't get out much
(Level 5) The Boss is not to be bothered

Here's the Employee Handbook (google doc).

A description of Guest ranks:

Guest: If you're only staying for a night, then you're a Guest. You're given a comfy room to stay in before you go.

Copper Guest: If you're planning to stay a little while at the Inn, you get a comfier room and Copper rank.

Silver Guest: Silvers are given Suites. One must unlock the rank of Silver (it can be bought for 100 MM)

Gold Guest: Golds are given Upgraded Suites. One must find the rank of Gold.

Platinum Guest: Platinums are given entire floors to live on. One must earn the rank of Platinum

Money:

The currency of the inn is in MM. I implore you not to cheat and pretend to have more than you actually do. Everyone starts with 50 MM.

Secrets:

"There's always another secret." -Kelsier and actually anyone else in Mistborn trying to remember him. There are four tiers of Secrets:

Tier 0: There's nothing to do here. Literally nothing.

Tier 1: Something to do here, but it's not exactly secret.

Tier 2: There's something here you didn't expect. You're not likely to find these if you're not looking for them.

Tier 3: This Secret is a part of the plotline. Finding them is harder than one might think.

Rooms:

• Bedrooms: A player’s resting place… or is it?
    • Bedroom: Bed and desk. Maybe a TV.
    • Upgraded Bedroom: Fancy bed, squashy armchair, nice TV; just nicer in general.
    • Suite: Super fancy area with a Side Feature possibly built in (like a pool table or something).
    • Upgraded Suite: Very fancy place to live, also probably with a Side Feature built in (maybe even an entire pool).
    • Mega Suite: Entire floor dedicated to the Platinum Guest. It probably has a plot-related RP hidden in here somewhere.
  • The Breakfast Room: This is the ultimate safe zone. Absolutely nothing plot-related other than maybe an NPC discussion will ever happen here. Even a magical nuclear blast couldn’t touch this place.
  • The Pool & Sauna: Players can swim around here!
  • The Vending Machine: Not a room, exactly, but important nonetheless. 
  • The Rave Room: I have no idea what purpose this place serves. RAVE.
  • The Nerd Game Shop: You can RP in an RP! MtG, D&D, that kind of thing.
  • The Library: There are lots of books here. If you choose the right ones, things… happen.
  • The Ballroom: Just dance, gonna be okay, doo-doo, doo-doo, just dance.

If you ever stumble upon a portal, be sure to tag @Spren of Kindness, who is our offiicial Portal Operator.

List of NPCs you guys have met/know about:

• Tina: The Receptionist Lady
  • Mr. Sia: The OG Librarian
  • The Breakfast Buffet Guy: Mysterious lad

Here's a comprehensive textmap of the Inn:

F1: Breakfast Buffet Room, Pool & Sauna, Lobby, Vending Machine, and rooms A1-A20

F2: The Nerd Game Store, Rave Room, and rooms B1-B20

F3: The Ballroom, Staff Lounge, and rooms C1-C20

F4: The Library and rooms D1-D20

F5: Undergoing renovations. We'll get back to you when it's done!

F6 - F9: I don't have stuff for these yet.

F10: The Clock Tower

Edited by Channelknight Fadran
Now Chef and Master Chef are a thing

Phillip Waibly strides through the unfamiliar town, far from his own. He knows he must stop somewhere for the night, but can't pick up on where.

He needs something different. Something... strange. Like it is meant for anyone, and he could find anyone there. Something meant for adventurers like himself.

He turns onto Mainish street, the subsection of Main street, and is greeted with a sign: The Mishmash Inn! A five-star Adventuring Hotel: The perfect place to relax after a long campaign.

Perfect, Phillip thinks, and strides in, and is promptly greeted.

Hi, welcome the Mishmash Inn. How may I help you? If you're here to stay, I can automatically upgrade you to a Copper Guest. Oh, or are you looking for work? We're always in need of more staff.

If you would like to take a room and stay here for awhile, then go talk to Tari: she can help you get signed up for a room. We have an all-you-can-eat Breakfast Buffet in the morning that runs from 7:00 - 10:30. If you would like to apply for a position as employee, then talk to our UnderManager, @Channelknight Fadran. I hope you enjoy your stay here!

Phillip nods. "Yes, yes, I'll take a room." he walks ahead to talk to Tari.

[OOC]: I notice the lore and ftt tags. Is this a backstory for your other thread :P? Oops...

Edited by Matrim's Dice

6 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Phillip Waibly strides through the unfamiliar town, far from his own. He knows he must stop somewhere for the night, but can't pick up on where.

He needs something different. Something... strange. Like it is meant for anyone, and he could find anyone there. Something meant for adventurers like himself.

He turns onto Mainish street, the subsection of Main street, and is greeted with a sign: The Mishmash Inn! A five-star Adventuring Hotel: The perfect place to relax after a long campaign.

Perfect, Phillip thinks, and strides in, and is promptly greeted.

Phillip nods. "Yes, yes, I'll take a room." he walks ahead to talk to Tari.

"Hi, I'm Tari!" The bright, smiling young woman said. "Would you like a room?"

[OOC]: I notice the lore and ftt tags. Is this a backstory for your other thread :P? Oops...

No, this isn't backstory. The Fellowship of the Thing owns the inn (kinda). This is a free RPG that anyone can join!

Well, consider me joined!

2 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Hi, I'm Tari!" The bright, smiling young woman said. "Would you like a room?"

Phillip cleared his throat. "Indeed. What are your prices?" He hoped they didn't go above thirty. He scarcely had enough as it was.

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

Phillip cleared his throat. "Indeed. What are your prices?" He hoped they didn't go above thirty. He scarcely had enough as it was.

Tari blinked, looking a little confused, before composing herself and replying, "oh, the rooms here are free. How long do you plan on staying?"

Diana looked at the door. It was getting dark and she needed to find a place to sleep. “The Mishmash Inn” looked really fancy, so Diana wasn’t sure if she has enough money. 

Quickly counted her saving, she looked at the entrance one more time. It looked so great... and Diana should be able to pay there for like 3 or 4 days. 

She entered the inn with quite shy face. Places like this weren’t her favorite ones, but this hotel was different. She didn’t know how to describe it, but there was something in this place, something special.

“Hello?” She said

Hiii

Edited by Emi

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

Tari blinked, looking a little confused, before composing herself and replying, "oh, the rooms here are free. How long do you plan on staying?"

Phillip coughed to cover a surprised look. No prices? All you could eat breakfast? 

"Oh, I don't know, a few days, maybe. You said something about possible work...?"

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

You stand before the Mishmash Inn, exhausted from your many adventures. This place is a five-star Adventuring Hotel: The perfect place to relax after a long campaign.

Entering the building, you are welcomed by a smiling receptionist. "Hi, welcome the Mishmash Inn. How may I help you? If you're here to stay, I can automatically upgrade you to a Copper Guest. Oh, or are you looking for work? We're always in need of more staff."

She gestures behind herself. "If you would like to take a room and stay here for awhile, then go talk to Tari: she can help you get signed up for a room. We have an all-you-can-eat Breakfast Buffet in the morning that runs from 7:00 - 10:30. If you would like to apply for a position as employee, then talk to our UnderManager, @Channelknight Fadran. I hope you enjoy your stay here!"

Maximillian Taleweaver groans as he slides off of his exhausted horse. His once fine clothes are covered in dust and a bit threadbare. He looks up at the Mishmash Inn and smiles. This will do nicely. Maximilian enters and listens to the kind receptionist. He pulls a coin from his purse and tosses it to the receptionist. He then makes his way over to where Tari and another man are standing. He hears Tari say that the rooms are free. "I would like a room. Is there anywhere to stable my horse while I'm here."

I think that the addition of a new character on my part might make things interesting.

Phillip coughed to cover a surprised look. No prices? All you could eat breakfast? 

"Oh, I don't know, a few days, maybe. You said something about possible work...?"

"If you would like to stay here as a guest, I can upgrade you to Copper. And we're always hiring here at Mishmash Inn. If you want to be hired, @Channelknight Fadran can take care of that."

1 minute ago, Negative_Null said:

"I've been here since it opened!" Says Null the Hyxali, pushing a cart full of produce down the hall towards the café

Ah, a Breakfast Boi!

2 minutes ago, Emi said:

Diana looked at the door. It was getting dark and she needed to find a place to sleep. “The Mishmash Inn” looked really fancy, so Diana wasn’t sure if she has enough money. 

Quickly counted her saving, she looked at the entrance one more time. It looked so great... and Diana should be able to pay there for like 3 or 4 days. 

She entered the inn with quite shy face. Places like this weren’t her favorite ones, but this hotel was different. She didn’t know how to describe it, but there was something in this place, something special.

“Hello?” She said

"Hello!" The receptionist replied. "Welcome to the Mishash Inn. How may I help you?"

2 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

Maximillian Taleweaver groans as he slides off of his exhausted horse. His once fine clothes are covered in dust and a bit threadbare. He looks up at the Mishmash Inn and smiles. This will do nicely. Maximilian enters and listens to the kind receptionist. He pulls a coin from his purse and tosses it to the receptionist. He then makes his way over to where Tari and another man are standing. He hears Tari say that the rooms are free. "I would like a room. Is there anywhere to stable my horse while I'm here."

"Certainly! I'll have someone take your horse for you. How long will you be staying?"

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"If you would like to stay here as a guest, I can upgrade you to Copper. And we're always hiring here at Mishmash Inn. If you want to be hired, @Channelknight Fadran can take care of that."

Phillip considered. He wasn't particularly close to cracking what he was looking for, and getting some pay for a little while couldn't hurt anything. "Why, sure. To the both of them. Where do I find that @Channelknight Fadran?"

My little brother requires I do something with him, and my sister wishes for the computer. Phillip will return in a short while! :P 

Phillip considered. He wasn't particularly close to cracking what he was looking for, and getting some pay for a little while couldn't hurt anything. "Why, sure. To the both of them. Where do I find that @Channelknight Fadran?"

"I've been summoned!" Fadran appears. "How can I help you, good sir?"

4 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

If you would like to stay here as a guest, I can upgrade you to Copper. And we're always hiring here at Mishmash Inn. If you want to be hired, @Channelknight Fadran can take care of that."

“Well, I think I will need to work here, as I don’t have much money”

3 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Hello!" The receptionist replied. "Welcome to the Mishash Inn. How may I help you?"

"Certainly! I'll have someone take your horse for you. How long will you be staying?"

Maximilian smiles. "For several weeks at least. I have not slept in a proper bed for months."

4 minutes ago, Emi said:

“Well, I think I will need to work here, as I don’t have much money”

"Okay! It looks like he's just over there." Tari points to Fadran.

3 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

Maximilian smiles. "For several weeks at least. I have not slept in a proper bed for months."

"Great! Allow me to upgrade you to a Copper Guest..." she types something into her medieval computer. "There! You can have room B12."

*Sigh* forgot a T...

A young woman walks into the room from the hotel hallways. For some reason, she is wearing a short cloak. Behind her ear is a pencil. In front of her, on a dolly, is a vending machine. The front is opaque, and instead of a money slot, it has a door, not unlike a library book drop. She carefully removes the dolly from under the vending machine. As she does this, a wrench falls out of her pocket.

On the front, it reads, "Vending Machine. Insert payment here (indicating door)."

Her task complete, Shay picks up her wrench, then turns towards the lobby. She sees all the customers. "Wow! This is quite a crowd. More people than we've had for a while. Welcome to the Mishmash Inn!"

22 minutes ago, Mist said:

A young woman walks into the room from the hotel hallways. For some reason, she is wearing a short cloak. Behind her ear is a pencil. In front of her, on a dolly, is a vending machine. The front is opaque, and instead of a money slot, it has a door, not unlike a library book drop. She carefully removes the dolly from under the vending machine. As she does this, a wrench falls out of her pocket.

On the front, it reads, "Vending Machine. Insert payment here (indicating door)."

Her task complete, Shay picks up her wrench, then turns towards the lobby. She sees all the customers. "Wow! This is quite a crowd. More people than we've had for a while. Welcome to the Mishmash Inn!"

“Right? Who knew an RP would get so many customers if it opened up?” Fadran turns to the customers. “So, you guys need jobs?” @Matrim's Dice

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I've been summoned!" Fadran appears. "How can I help you, good sir?"

Before Phillip could reply, more people flooded into the inn. He had a brief satisfaction that he was first, but they also wanted jobs.

41 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

“Right? Who knew an RP would get so many customers if it opened up?” Fadran turns to the customers. “So, you guys need jobs?” @Matrim's Dice

Phillip was glad that the appearing Fadran, who seemed to be in charge, was back in business mode. "Yes, preferably a clean one." Phillip hated dirt and grime, and any clean-up involving the restrooms.

6 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Phillip was glad that the appearing Fadran, who seemed to be in charge, was back in business mode. "Yes, preferably a clean one." Phillip hated dirt and grime, and any clean-up involving the restrooms.

"We have several Level 1 Employee positions at your disposal. I heard @KyL was needing some Lifeguards at the Pool & Sauna. The Rave Room is also short on DJs right now. If you want a more relaxing job, the Nerd Game Store needs a Deskboi."

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

"We have several Level 1 Employee positions at your disposal. I heard @KyL was needing some Lifeguards at the Pool & Sauna. The Rave Room is also short on DJs right now. If you want a more relaxing job, the Nerd Game Store needs a Deskboi."

Phillip narrowed his eyes, considering the options. He couldn't lay down a beat to save his life, so the DJ job was out, and he had undertaken no swimming lessons as a boy. "If possible, I accept the position of... Deskboi... at the Nerd Game Store." Phillp supposed he was a smart man. He wasn't an idiot, at least. It probably wouldn't be too bad. "Out of curiosity, what is the pay?"

First, YES. Deskboi for Nerd Game Store? YES. 

Second, can you clarify what the money is called :P Is it spheres, or bits, or dollars, something you made up, or what?

3 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Phillip narrowed his eyes, considering the options. He couldn't lay down a beat to save his life, so the DJ job was out, and he had undertaken no swimming lessons as a boy. "If possible, I accept the position of... Deskboi... at the Nerd Game Store." Phillp supposed he was a smart man. He wasn't an idiot, at least. It probably wouldn't be too bad. "Out of curiosity, what is the pay?"

"Five MM an hour." Fadran replies. "I'll have my author explain the currency in a quote box."

Second, can you clarify what the money is called :P Is it spheres, or bits, or dollars, something you made up, or what?

MM is the currency of the Inn. It can be used in the minibar or... other places (mwahahahahahaa!).