Long Game 68: Studies of Ashyn

1 minute ago, TJ Shade said:

Huh, I thought it was very simple.

MONDAY/0219HRS/L3 = TRUE meant "Check the message I sent on Monday at 02:19am in your time. The Line 3 of the message is correct." 

I actually did check for that. The issue was I couldn't locate a Monday 0219hrs message at all :P IDK if it's a timezone thing, or if I missed something. I spent some time trawling our PM but finally gave up :P Good to know I didn't totally misinterpret you though!

Edit: OH. D'OH. @TJ Shade sorry I figured out the problem - I didn't look far back enough, sorry :P 

Edited by Kasimir

I posted this RP in doc, but just so people can see it here:

Lucy hated being strangled to death. It was really poor for her complexion. And now she had to start all over again! I mean, really, the least those dang infiltrations could have done was not strangle her. Now knifing, that was far more preferred.

She sighed, starting down the long stone path. The trees around her whispered in the wind, tempting her, but no, not today. Instead, she continued on until she found the strange pool. Lucy hesitated for a moment and then touched her hand onto the water. Instantly, her consciousness was transported to another body.

“Dang” she thought “this is my 212th time being killed. I really should get some sort of record”

6 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

I actually did check for that. The issue was I couldn't locate a Monday 0219hrs message at all :P IDK if it's a timezone thing, or if I missed something. I spent some time trawling our PM but finally gave up :P Good to know I didn't totally misinterpret you though!

Edit: OH. D'OH. @TJ Shade sorry I figured out the problem - I didn't look far back enough, sorry :P 

Alternatively, I thought of typing out the code in terms of page no. of the message but the specific message was in page 11, so that would make elims suspect we have been PMing a lot, so I went for this. 

2 minutes ago, TJ Shade said:

Alternatively, I thought of typing out the code in terms of page no. of the message but the specific message was in page 11, so that would make elims suspect we have been PMing a lot, so I went for this. 

Yeah, that makes sense. Good job though, you were more creative than me. I was just literally doing things and hoping you would get I was phishing/smiting Araris (last minute Mat), etcetera :P I don't really know how I expected you to get it, I'm sorry for dropping the ball, Dark bro :P 

A few of my thoughts throughout the game, in no specific order:

- Okay wow yeah that was not a lot of Elims. Yeah I was Target Scanner 2, sorry for not wanting to coordinate scans :P.

- I was originally planning to vote on Ash to try and get him to reveal what I assumed was something he saw Mint do N3, but I couldn't figure out how to vote on Ash without looking guilty I guess. (note that I had to keep reminding myself to not say things like "man, being an elim is so much easier than being village" because... well.)

- I really didn't mind being cleaned. having two votes was just too much responsibility :P.

- as for actions: I saw Araris clean Kas, and then watched Ash watch Mint do absolutely nothing :).

- PMs closing was sad kinda because I wasn't sure about how much I should be saying in the main thread, but also I was only PMing with 1 person (excluding Pyro who asked me if I had a Migraine, and Mist who commented on my unnecessary comments D1) so I also kinda didn't really care, I guess.

- Lotus would it be possible to see your spreadsheet :P.

- I liked how I was in basically everyone's Elim reads the whole game, but people only Ash tried to actually lynch me after D1. (unless I didn't count right)

Lastly - Um. Sorry Mist. Sorry...
Sorry...

Edited by Illwei
now to go read all of the docs and thingys

26 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Yeah, that makes sense. Good job though, you were more creative than me. I was just literally doing things and hoping you would get I was phishing/smiting Araris (last minute Mat), etcetera :P I don't really know how I expected you to get it, I'm sorry for dropping the ball, Dark bro :P 

I tried making sense of them, but was too tired. So I wrote them off as you doing kasyana things, and you doing kasyana things usually helps the village, so I just let you do you, :P so that's alright. You definitely did help me ease off my suspicion on Araris, though. 

1 minute ago, TJ Shade said:

I tried making sense of them, but was too tired. So I wrote them off as you doing kasyana things, and you doing kasyana things usually helps the village, so I just let you do you, :P so that's alright. You definitely did help me ease off my suspicion on Araris, though. 

I'm going to have this framed. Approval of the kasyana! Thank you, Dark bro! :D 

Also, since I have just read the dead doc: yep-

I'm back, and you would not believe how hard I got PAFOed. I got so many PAFOs my ancestors probably felt it too

It me :P 

But honestly, I'm glad the game is over. I still have a tendency to get drawn in by puzzle-solving/a sense of obligation more than I should, and I was also really dead lucky our case loads in the past two days have been light so I could look at the cycle. Fingers crossed things will continue to go well for us, since less work for me also means fewer active cases detected which is hopefully a good thing :) 

Elims/Straw - I mean, I don't know what's okay to ask. but why would you have rather killed me over Mist D1? if you remember?

Also why in the rules does it say that Realmatic Theory, History, and Physics are Red Herrings?

Edited by Illwei

3 minutes ago, The_God_King said:

You connected everyone and broke down a lot of barriers that normal blackout games have. It was crazy to see how much information you had gathered rather quickly 

Alles klar :) Yes, I was startled at how much people were willing to say when I wasn't even interested in phishing for info, just suspicions.

1 hour ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Pretty much everything I wanted to say went into the docs, so it'll just be questions here. What roles did the living players have? What were the differences between the rules doc and the actual rules that got used? Was it just that history, realmatic theory, and physics? actually did something? What were the circumstances that caused backgrounds to be activated? What were the actual rules of realmatic theory that caused my vote to show up as having voted for Pyro?

The actual rules are missing the backgrounds, everything else should be consistent. Background activated on a time frame. Realmatic activated Day 2, Chemistry and History activated Night 2 and 3 (I can’t remember the order), medical activated Day 3.

Realmatic should have showed the true origin of any votes in the final vote count for a specific person

@Illwei Originally the backgrounds were misdirects with the exception of medical

Edited by The_God_King

Ugh

the first day i read my role and i thought it meant i could save someone from being lynched, instead of eliminating a condition.

so i tried to do some Elimbaiting.

that is why i made that post which i asked for fakeclaims, to make it seem like i was a role scanner. then the elims would kill me, but i would save myself. no deaths.

i then realized my action was not saving, but it was too late.

i guess i did elim bait, they took out someone who could be both benefitian and detrimental, as well as very inactive.

Edited by Lord_Silberfarben

7 hours ago, Illwei said:

Elims/Straw - I mean, I don't know what's okay to ask. but why would you have rather killed me over Mist D1? if you remember?

Personally, I felt that you were a decent D1 death, but that you'd be harder to get rid of later. Also, at that point, I thought that I was going to die due to my disease, and was trying to make it so my death would cast suspicion on Mist/Ash later on.

The Ashyn Study had been promptly shut down, and the interns dispersed. With it had gone his hope of sponsorship to the University in Silverlight, which if you thought about it, Maris should have expected all along. The PIs and the university personnel covered up for themselves and stuck up for each other: the unpaid interns were hung and left out to dry. At least they weren't being made to pay their medical bills. He heard some other interns were suing, but Maris wasn't going to stick around for it.

He was done with Silverlight, for the moment. He was no closer He wanted to be on some other world, exploring, or learning something else. He didn't want to be stuck at Silverlight, waiting for the scraps they were willing to throw at him. Better Kadrim's watchmaking workshop than that. 

He had an article published in the Journal of Applied Realmatics, and a working knowledge of Realmatic theory. They'd healed him of the Ashyn diseases, and while the Ashyn interdiction didn't concern him, Maris rather thought he wasn't interested in revisiting the experience. If he wanted to get a disease, there were better and more interesting ways to catch one back home, involving delectable amounts of debauchery, the sort you'd need to bribe an Obligator to forget about.

Roshar, then? Or Sel?

He flipped the clip, and frowned down at it. It had wedged between the battered wooden table and the peeling wall and so had come down on edge. The Lord Ruler's profile glared sternly at him. No, he wasn't going back to Scadrial. Not quite yet.

For a moment - he shaded his eyes with his hand - he thought he saw a ball of light, flickering across the small, bare room, as though it were a firefly. Folly, that. Maris scooped up his clip and slipped it back into his jacket pocket. He didn't have to decide where he was going, just right now. He knew he was leaving, and that was a start.

After all, it was the journey that mattered, and not the destination.

-finis?

I was right about my elim suspect!? :o Woohoo! First time for everything :D

Alright, so I spent more time figuring who claimed to Kas rather than figuring out the elims :P and here's what I have got.

• Elandera - Thug #1
  • Striker - Cohesion #3
  • Ashbringer - Action Scanner #2
  • Illwei - Target Scanner #2
  • Mint - Vote Scanner #2

Let me know how much I've got right.

@TJ Shade Yup, I was a vote scanner. I also had the ability to to learn other people's abilities which is how I knew Elandera's vote didn't count.

N3 I scanned Frozen Mint and came up with... nothing. She didn't use an action. Seeing now that some backgrounds didn't have effects associated with them that makes more sense, but with the known abilities I could not for the life of me understand why a player wouldn't use a night action, especially since she was hinting Vote Manip as a disease as a day action. So I tried to push that, and got nowhere.

@Ashbringer I think I already used my ability scanning action during the day and the only night action available to me was vote scanning the Straw vote, which wouldn't have given more info? Either that or I forgot :P

I’m really sorry for disappearing at the end there. I just recently moved back into my dorm at college and was dealing with that and the stress of starting marching band camp this week as well. I had a lot of fun playing while I had the time for it, and I was indeed the other double voter that claimed to Kas. 

8 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

I’m really sorry for disappearing at the end there. I just recently moved back into my dorm at college and was dealing with that and the stress of starting marching band camp this week as well. I had a lot of fun playing while I had the time for it, and I was indeed the other double voter that claimed to Kas. 

Basically the only reason that you were to be the only surviving villager in the event of an elim victory is because I thought you could be be the Thug because I blocked you and nothing happened :P

3 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Basically the only reason that you were to be the only surviving villager in the event of an elim victory is because I thought you could be be the Thug because I blocked you and nothing happened :P

Dude, I figured the jig was up when Vapor revealed the vote scan because only Elan's was missing and I'd said the Thug had the vote-doesn't-count issue. :P I figured it might happen but figured the vote data was important. I assume that was why Mint was unhappy about it too, because it outed Elan and meant you all weren't going to potentially waste a kill. 

Congratulations for another village victory, Loyal Interns! This game had a few mechanical issues, but I believe it was still fun for everyone involved. Hats off to Matrim for surviving long enough and almost getting by with false claims. Thanks to The God King and Elkanah for running the game despite some of the chaos.

As always, if anyone would like to try their hand at running a game, please get ahold of Wilson, Devotary of Spontaneity, Elbereth, Araris Valerian, or myself, or post in the GM Signups & Discussion ThreadNot only will we get you added to the list, but we'd also be more than willing to help out in any way we can. 

You can also ask questions and get some hints and feedback from everyone in our Art of Game Creation thread. With all the games that we've run so far, we have plenty of experienced GMs that can help you refine any game you're thinking about. If you would rather keep some detail secret, or are self-conscious about posting in thread (there's really no need to be; while we do slaughter each other, we are very polite about it), then I'm sure one of our fantastic committee members (Amanuensis, STINK, Sart, Fifth Scholar, Straw, Haelbarde, and Young Bard) would be more than willing to help you out in private.

Thanks again to everyone that played, and we look forward to killing seeing you in future games! :ph34r: