The_God_King

Long Game 68: Studies of Ashyn

784 posts in this topic

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

TELL ME ABOUT IT

Scan results: I have scanned Pyro, Sart, and Lotus, in that order. I got the ability D2. The first two took no actions, and I targeted them before any claims/they did anything, and Lotus targeted Straw, which we already knew. Unfortunately, this doesn't prove much, but I hope it's something.

Last post of the cycle, possible the game (for me). Cya, I hope not...

Wait. You scanned Lotus N4? Why would you do that? 

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

@Illwei scan is from bg.

? bg? body guard? (edit: background. that meant background didn't it?)

did you scan anyone last night?

EDIT: wait what? Matrim that proves the opposite of not much. (er, not the opposite of "not much" as in "much") maybe it's a typo? but-

@Elkanah @The_God_King Matrim

Edited by Illwei

Just now, Illwei said:

? bg? body guard?

did you scan anyone last night?

Bg = background. Lahilt. Matrim.

@TJ Shade You win, too much suspicion tripped. 

Also, didn’t Sart target Devotary?

Vote stays.

What's the vote count?

Just now, Ashbringer said:

Vote stays.

I could maybe see the Sart thing as checking for a bus but zero reason to go Lotus. Agreed. 

Just now, Ashbringer said:

Vote stays.

Wrong round? 

Posted (edited)

grumble grumble GRUMBLE.

Farns sighed, staring up at the ceiling. Mother Ashyn would be unhappy. He and the other two infiltrators had worked so hard to receive a position as an intern, only to be so hasty as to waste the opportunity less than a week into the mission.

The other interns would come for him soon. He was sure of it. He flexed his hands, wincing at the arthritis that was a result of living on the diseased planet of Ashyn. He had severely underestimated the intern’s espionage prowess. Now he paid for that mistake.

(Prewritten)

Well, well, well. Looks like a pretty darn good game for the villagers- well played guys. I had hoped I could clutch this… but didn’t find it likely. You all proved me right, and for that I give you my congratulations, not only for that, but for breaking Straw’s elim win rate of 100%

Speaking of which, uh, sorry Straw :P

Anyway, since I’m obviously doomed, I figured I’d info-dump you all with everything I know right before the game ends. Because why not?

I’ll be honest, I don’t know what tipped all y’all off about me so early in the game, C1, even. Not sure what I did differently :P

As it should be clear by now, I am in fact the final eliminator. Why, you ask, only three? No clue. We figured D1 that there was some mechanic, either village disease deaths, or conversion, that would give us an advantage from a 3 person team- but nope. Nothing. Still wondering why.

Not to mention all the scanners. Would like the GM’s to tell me why they included that distribution with the 3 person team. :P

Anyway, Devotary submitted the first few kills, until Sart caught her. The interesting thing is, that her Medical background was used to heal Straw just in time.

Remember that role Devotary claimed? The scanner that dies in 3 days? She didn’t make that up. Straw had that role. We assumed villagers did too, and we’d get a few free deaths. Nope.

He would’ve died if Devotary hadn’t healed him. But she did, before getting lynched, so we breathed out a little bit.

Then Straw submitted the kill, as I was expected to roleblock. That didn’t go so great either.

But I’m sure you’re all wondering: How did Straw end the game with vote manip? (He totally made up the Mechanics background, by the way. It was my idea) Well, here is the answer to that.

On Ashyn, us infiltrators are known as ‘incubators’. We have diseases that give us powers. Now, you all caught them- but since we are the source, we can incubate- giving us a new disease. So Straw incubated, received vote manip, and promptly was scanned to death. 

Then of course I was just suspected. And that was that, despite my best defenseless-villager imitation :P (Hi, Kasimir :))

Anyway, GG everyone. Fun game, interesting mechanics, excited to read the full ruleset later, and the spec doc. See y’all in another game sometime :) I'm happy to answer any further questions in the soon-to-be-up Aftermath

Those scan results were actually true with the exception of Lotus's. I forgot that I didn't 'suspect' her anymore.

PS: I outlined a plan for lynch/kill to get me to win D4. Here it is, and while I only got through step one, you can now know when I chose you to die :P:

N4- Kill Lotus

D5- Lynch Araris

N5- Kill Kas

D6- Lynch Illwei

N6- Kill Ash

D7- Lynch Lahilt

N7- Kill Elan

D8- Lynch Vapor

N8- Kill TJ

D9- Lynch Mint

Aftermath- Elim Win

Edited by Matrim's Dice