The_God_King

Long Game 68: Studies of Ashyn

784 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Hmm. Suddenly I have a lot of power :P

It’s not that kind of relevent. In fact, it’s the completely wrong kind of relevent. So I won’t out myself for now (although Striker, Vapor, Mist, Lahilt, and especially Mat can guess part of it already).

I’m... confident. That’s what I’ll say. Also, History.

Why especially me, over the others?

Though you're right. I did infer your role, and I'm pretty sure I'm right... though 'History' makes me wonder.

Sorry Elk, you ninja'd me :/

Edited by Matrim's Dice

Posted (edited)

Quarantine Day 3

The first medical team has all but succumbed to disease. Hazmat restrictions are in place. 

A potential cure had to be tested. Through a less than ethical process Straw was chosen to be the first victim subject. The test had only begun before the doctors noticed anomalys about him. His legs were bowed, he had signs of continual rashes across his bodies, and he muttered in a strange language as they strapped him down. After injecting the cure it was found to be a potent truth serum and he talked for hours. He talked about his fascination with history and how Ashyn had so easily infiltrated the university. Sadly the "cure" proved to be deadly. Maybe we could refine it to stop future infiltrations...

Straw was lynched! He was an Infiltrator. He had a background in History and Cohesion - Action: Add a vote

Spoiler

1. Gears - Dr. Gears Medical, No Condition

2. Ashbringer - Faleast

3. The Young Pyromancer Physics, Tension - Action: Remove someone's vote, your vote will be assigned randomly to someone with at least one vote

4 Elandera

5. Matrim's Dice - Farns

6. Araris Valerian - Klumm Z.

7. Lord_Silberfarben - Lord-son-...-Silberfarben History, Progression - Action: Target one player, remove their condition

8. TJ Shade - Kondrea

9. Straw - Straw History, Cohesion - Action: Add a vote

10. Mist - Tara night  History, Transformation Action: kill target player; you die as well

11. Frozen Mint 

12. Lotus - Lucy

13. Illwei 

14. Vapor 

15. Kasimir - Maris Erikell

16. Sart - Thomas  Chemistry, Division - Action: You may role block a player, but you may not communicate in PMs

17. Lahilt - T. A. Hill

18. Devotary - Liba Medical, Abrasion - Action: you may move a player's vote to another target, but doing so removes your own vote.

19. StrikerEZ 

Straw (11) - Ashbringer, Matrim, Araris, TJ Shade, Lotus, Vapor, Kasimir, Lahilt, StrikerEZ, Illwei

Matrim (1) - Frozen Mint

Apparently fall semester is starting soon and cleaning checks took a good amount of time. Sorry about the delayed roll over! It's good to be back!

Edited by The_God_King

Posted (edited)

Thoughts:

Straw had vote manip? Huh. The Mechanic was a lie! :P 

And another Historian, no less. @Kasimir, doesn't that make 6? 

Someone took a vote off Straw. Interesting.

I'll post a complete reads list, probably in 45 minutes or so.

(Oh, and @Araris Valerian, I did in fact roleblock you to spare my disease, or maybe whoever else you may have targeted. Probably futile, as you'll most likely target me this cycle, but I had to do what I could.)

Edit: Never mind :P. At this very moment I have gotten word that I was, in fact, healed of my disease. I also successfully blocked Araris, so that means there's two healers running around.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

Posted (edited)

Kas, was straw vote manip #3? if he was, then we either have a vote manip 4 (er, technically the only one left I guess) or Straw voted on himself secretly to create confusion ( I guess pointless though because we have vote scanners though, so...)

Also thanks Araris for curing me! :)). (I guess I wasn't really using it though, so-)

Also wow we were really lucky I guess lol. Also note his background in History and no one coming out saying Mechanics is false so I guess Mechanics might not exist?

EDIT: okay just read Matrim's post, uh...Araris was roleblocked? and we were both cured? Who else was cured bc this kinda seems like a mass cure? kinda scary? of course two points does not make a pattern so-

Edited by Illwei

Hooray! Two down, an unknown number to go!

1 minute ago, Illwei said:

Also thanks Araris for curing me! :)). (I guess I wasn't really using it though, so-)

...I already said I successfully blocked him. There are 3 healers?!

Also note his background in History and no one coming out saying Mechanics is false so I guess Mechanics might not exist?

I'll assume that either Mechanics is a made up thing created by Straw, or that one of his remaining teammates has a mechanics background. I think the first one is more likely though.

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I'll assume that either Mechanics is a made up thing created by Straw, or that one of his remaining teammates has a mechanics background. I think the first one is more likely though.

Agreed. I think that Straw just made that up.

What I find interesting is that we don’t learn what action comes with a background.

Edited by Lotus

Reads list: 

In each category, it goes from strongest to weakest. Except for Null, those are just null :P Sorry for the general vagueness, but I can’t really remember the previous cycles too well. Mainly, the names and placement of those names are the purpose of this list. 

Village 

Kasimir- This one is agreed by everyone. I see no need to explain :P   

Lotus- If she bussed Straw, it was a very hard bus. Unlikely elim.  

TJ Shade- Similar to Lotus, was one of the early voters on both Straw and Devotary. Pretty sure this one is also generally agreed by the public. 

Ash- I'd consider Ash a ‘slight village’ or even ‘tentative village’- but I have a decent gut read on his most recent posts and voting patterns. 

Null 

VaporI just have... nothing on them 

Lahilt- I just have... nothing on them (déjà vu...!) 

Elandera- My most village null read, Mint made a good point that it’d be too on the nose for Elan to question both consecutive elim lynch trains. 

Mint- My second most village null read, for the above point. Though still largely Null. 

Elim 

Araris- See the aforementioned suspicions. 

Illwei- For the Araris connection, and a general negative gut read that’s lasted the whole game. Also I think their questions/statements from their first post this turn were weird and/or obvious and already answered. 

Striker- Weakest elim read. Largely gut + fitting with what they did in the QF, though that’s slowly shrinking to Null. 

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Illwei- For the Araris connection, and a general negative gut read that’s lasted the whole game. Also I think their questions/statements from their first post this turn were weird and/or obvious and already answered. 

lol so...you find yourself suspicious too? :P.

25 minutes ago, Lotus said:

What I find interesting is that we don’t learn what action comes with a background.

I originally thought that maybe the action would be revealed only if they had gotten it, but I wouldn't believe that this many people had died without having gained that action?

Also has anyone else been waiting anxiously for the last 24 hours to see if Ash is going to say anything after kinda leaving us on a cliffhanger last day? :P.

Edited by Illwei

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, Illwei said:

lol so...you find yourself suspicious too? :P.

Ah, no, I... what I mean is you mentioned Araris had healed you (and thanked him for it!) when I definitely roleblocked him successfully, and you seemed to question whether mechanics existed or not when it was... pretty clear that it doesn't.

7 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Also has anyone else been waiting anxiously for the last 24 hours to see if Ash is going to say anything after kinda leaving us on a cliffhanger last day? :P.

YES. Especially since I think I know what he was talking about :P.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Ah, no, I... what I mean is you mentioned Araris had healed you (and thanked him for it!) when I definitely roleblocked him successfully, and you seemed to question whether mechanics existed or not when it was... pretty clear that it doesn't.

Er, the "Thanks Araris for curing me! :))" was sarcasm, and was written before I saw that you had posted saying you roleblocked him. And I mean, that "questioning" was me saying basically what you said I guess: "The cake Mechanic was a lie" but just in my insecure unsure of myself way :P.

Just trying to clear that up- sorry.

Edited by Illwei

Er, the "Thanks Araris for curing me! :))" was sarcasm, and was written before I saw that you had posted saying you roleblocked him. And I mean, that "questioning" was me saying basically what you said I guess: "The cake Mechanic was a lie" but just in my insecure unsure of myself way :P.

Just trying to clear that up- sorry.

Ah, sarcasm. I see now. Hard to tell on the forums...

But it looks like my normal activity rate is back xD Guess the day off did it for me.

I will be going to bed in ~30 minutes, though.

Posted (edited)

Good news - We've caught an elim!

Bad news - That elim was Straw, who has a 100% win record as an elim. :P So we got stats against us. 

Little concerned about about all the Heals apparently flying around, but since it was targeted on Matrim and Illwei, both sort of elim suspects, I think at least one of the Healer is village. 

Yes, @Kasimir, we need you to tell us if Straw was one of the Target Scanner. Especially if Straw was this target scanner:

On 8/11/2020 at 9:54 AM, Kasimir said:

Target Scanner #2 scanned Araris and found that Araris targeted me last night. This is especially interesting because I lost my double vote, i.e. I am perfectly healthy again :P but chose not to bring it up last cycle in light of Araris's interesting behaviour of crediting one vote to me in his vote tally, which seemed to indicate awareness of my situation. Unless we postulate more Silbers, it seems to be the case that Araris has been a very, very busy boy indeed... and likely visited TJ as well the night before. The really interesting question is how Village it is to remove a role-block from TJ :ph34r:

If it is, something strange is happening between Araris and Straw if they are teammates. I don't think so (as in I think Straw is Historian #6). I also don't think he's the double voter #3 who claimed to Kas either, though confirmation would be nice (I have sort of guessed the identities of all the players who have claimed to Kas :P). 

@Ashbringer, who do you mean it had a wrong kind of relevancy? Did you find someone doing villager-y things?

Edited by TJ Shade

I don’t like how Araris has been curing people. I mean, it’s definitely fun to use your powers but I really dislike how often he’s been using them.

2 minutes ago, TJ Shade said:

@Ashbringer, who do you mean it had a wrong kind of relevancy? Did you find someone doing villager-y things?

That would still be relevant, then we could clear whoever he saw.

Posted (edited)

So I was cured of Progression, but I still have my medical background. No functional change, although I find it interesting that at least 3 people were cured last night (also that Illwei mentions a "mass cure" after only 2 people have mentioned being cured). At least Matrim can't roleblock me now. And honestly, if there are any villagers planning on roleblocking me, please lynch me instead.

As for who I want to lynch, I agree with who Matrim has as village, although I'm probably a little more strongly leaning village on Ash. I'd probably want to lynch either Matrim, Illwei, or someone who is keeping a low profile.

Also, just saw this as I was writing my post:

59 minutes ago, Lotus said:

I don’t like how Araris has been curing people. I mean, it’s definitely fun to use your powers but I really dislike how often he’s been using them.

I've only cured TJ and Kas, and with TJ I didn't really know what diseases did, only that TJ was the only confirmed disease (to my knowledge) at the time. Matrim supposedly roleblocked me last Night (I believe him, since I could easily have falsified that claim had I remembered to send in an action). I do think I'll send in a cure order, possibly on one of the people keeping a low profile.

Edited by Araris Valerian
Removed vote

2 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

As for who I want to lynch, I agree with who Matrim has as village, although I'm probably a little more strongly leaning village on Ash. I'd probably want to lynch either Matrim, Illwei, or someone who is keeping a low profile.

(It's the night cycle)

Speaking of which, I'm going to bed. Good night.

2 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

I've only cured TJ and Kas, and with TJ I didn't really know what diseases did, only that TJ was the only confirmed disease (to my knowledge) at the time. Matrim supposedly roleblocked me last Night (I believe him, since I could easily have falsified that claim had I remembered to send in an action). I do think I'll send in a cure order, possibly on one of the people keeping a low profile.

Fair point. Also, you can’t vote this round. :P

1 hour ago, The_God_King said:

Straw (10) - Ashbringer, Matrim, Araris, TJ Shade, Lotus, Vapor, Kasimir, Lahilt, StrikerEZ

What happened to Illwei's vote? Was it just missed or..?

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Uh oh guys...does this mean I'm going to get elim killed tonight? :P.

Edited by Illwei

Wow. I can't believe I didn't make the connection there. I send in an order for the Night and also vote on someone :wacko:.

2 hours ago, Illwei said:

2 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

YES. Especially since I think I know what he was talking about :P.

1 hour ago, TJ Shade said:

He he he...

I won’t explain it all now, but essentially I knew Straw was lying with something. I kept trying to bait more people into defending him.

Only person to do so was Frozen Mint, although Lahilt and Vapor were fairly quick to want to change their votes and Elandera never voted all. I’m still more interested in the other suspect group (Mat, Illwei, Araris, etc), but those four are ones I’d like to know a bit more about.

I’m not entirely sure why I started talking about it. Would it have changed the lynch? No. Was it even new information? I’m not entirely sure. Will it get me killed? Maybe. 

:P

Hmm. @Frozen Mint, your vote was suspicious but not entirely Elim. Did you have any info (read/PM/action/something) that specifically made you believe Straw?

Okay, I have thoughts, but I also need to address the stuff people are pinging me over first:

@Vapor, what's the D3 Devotary scan like?

I'll put in a scan order for the Straw scan, but if a vote scanner has not already put in an order, I encourage them to do so just in case.

8 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

And another Historian, no less. @Kasimir, doesn't that make 6? 

Yes. Yes it does. 7 if Ash is claiming Historian too :P 

7 hours ago, TJ Shade said:

What happened to Illwei's vote? Was it just missed or..?

@The_God_King, @Elkanah: Is Illwei's vote supposed to be missing?

8 hours ago, Illwei said:

Kas, was straw vote manip #3? if he was, then we either have a vote manip 4 (er, technically the only one left I guess) or Straw voted on himself secretly to create confusion ( I guess pointless though because we have vote scanners though, so...)

Nope. Double-Voter #3 was someone else. This does mean our Elim team has at least 2 vote manip roles.

7 hours ago, TJ Shade said:

Yes, @Kasimir, we need you to tell us if Straw was one of the Target Scanner. Especially if Straw was this target scanner:

Nope. None of the claimed target scanners was Straw. 

Three people healed of diseases in one cycle? Okay, so. Confession time. I made an odd comment during D4: I asked for Vapor or Vote-Scanner #2 to do me a favour and scan the Devotary lynch. This is because I was using an action - a very late decision that I agonised over - and thus swapped my order off Devotary. At the start of D4, I was informed I had gained the Progression Surge. Since I suspected Araris, I decided to heal Araris of Progression during the Night to stop him from continuing to hit people with it.

And then Araris posted about his suspicions of Matrim :P And I looked at my suspicions list again, which had: Straw, Matrim, Illwei, and Araris.

I asked myself if it was worth hitting Araris with Progression. After all, as long as Araris had Progression, Mat would be roleblocking him. In addition, if I had my way, Araris would be up for the lynch, although I was starting to be confused about Araris. Finally, if Araris was telling the truth, then whether or not I hit him with Progression, he would still have one more heal. Moreover, Progression can't remove background-abilities, which have proved more helpful to the Village so far. So I looked at my other suspicions: Illwei and Mat.

In my eyes, while I am uncertain about Illwei, Illwei has not been wildly using his double vote. As far as I'm concerned, his use of the double vote has so far been accountable. Meanwhile, I was also uncertain about Mat. My other thought was that for as long as Araris lived, Mat would not be using his role-block for any other function except blocking Araris, which meant that the Village would be forced to kill Araris if we wanted to get off a role-block that actually finds Elims from Mat. And take note: since unique actions can only be done once a cycle, this means that if Mat role-blocked Araris during the day, we would be stuck with Araris and Mat in a potential cat-and-mouse over which Turn an action is being sent in. Not to mention this means that even if Araris is an Elim, most of his actions have been Progression rather than the kill, so we have not - so far - been able to discover him killing via targeting or action scans. 

So there's the currently limited utility of that role-block. Plus, I was already suspicious of Mat for reasons I outlined last Turn. And I figured it was illogical to ignore one of my suspicions, just because he had a role-block.

So yeah. Remember me questioning my judgement near the end of last Turn?

I sent in the order to remove Progression from Araris and then swapped targets to Mat.

I used the Surge. I spared Araris. I won a kayana point. Almighty forgive me.

Posted (edited)

34 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

I sent in the order to remove Progression from Araris and then swapped targets to Mat.

This is so, sooo hilarious lmao. As it happens, I also gained Progression at the beginning of the cycle. And I also contemplated between Matrim and Araris a gazillion times. Is it more important if I remove a player who might remove powers, or someone who may block and foil village plans? Will Araris not heal me now that he thinks I don't have a disease, so I can go to Matrim? Or should I go to Araris in hopes that Araris will remove Matrim's powers. I could go to Matrim next cycle, but what if he role-blocks me? All kinds of dilemma. In the end, I went for Araris because of revenge I could not find a plausible reason he would Progress Kas. I was about to change it to Matrim at the last moment, but by the time I clicked on my GM PM, the time was up. I was actually waiting to see if Ash's reveal to see if that would make me lean on one side a bit more than the other. So, there ya have it! That worked perfectly lol xD I think there was some event that mass-distributed Progression at the expense of PMs. That, or the 3rd Heal is the result of Medicine (still not convinced that Medicine and Progression is the same, btw).

Edited by TJ Shade

Posted (edited)

18 minutes ago, TJ Shade said:

This is so, sooo hilarious lmao. As it happens, I also gained Progression at the beginning of the cycle. And I also contemplated between Matrim and Araris a gazillion times. Is it more important if I remove a player who might remove powers, or someone who may block and foil village plans? Will Araris not heal me now that he thinks I don't have a disease, so I can go to Matrim? Or should I go to Araris in hopes that Araris will remove Matrim's powers. I could go to Matrim next cycle, but what if he role-blocks me? All kinds of dilemma. In the end, I went for Araris because of revenge I could not find a plausible reason he would Progress Kas. I was about to change it to Matrim at the last moment, but by the time I clicked on my GM PM, the time was up. I was actually waiting to see if Ash's reveal to see if that would make me lean on one side a bit more than the other. So, there ya have it! That worked perfectly lol xD I think there was some event that mass-distributed Progression at the expense of PMs. That, or the 3rd Heal is the result of Medicine (still not convinced that Medicine and Progression is the same, btw).

Lmao! Dark bro :P Wir denken perfekt zusammen. Glaub nie 'was anderes :P 

Oh, and yeah, like TJ, I decided to use Progression during the Day instead because with no guaranteed OOA, I had no way of knowing if getting killed would block my use of Progression at Night. @Elkanah, @The_God_King: Any chance we could get a clarification if killing blocks all actions? (Worth a shot :P )

Edit: Spelling.

Edited to add: Honestly, I go to and fro on the Medicine and Progression thing. If I'm right, and Progression has to be triggered or is a RNGesus thing, it's possible that they built redundancy into the ability. But other than being a disease-specific roleblock, as compared to a full roleblock, based off our current knowledge of the game, I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what utility, from a game design perspective, this redundancy serves.

Edited by Kasimir