Long Game 68: Studies of Ashyn

Just now, Kasimir said:

Comment on a lot of potential V actions. 

Ah, I remember now. IIRC, it was more of a general statement than a surprised one, but yes. Part of it was also was that you knew all of them :P 

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

Ah, I remember now. IIRC, it was more of a general statement than a surprised one, but yes. Part of it was also was that you knew all of them :P 

Ah. Yes I'm as surprised about that as my primary purpose of PMs was initially to get past my quotes difficulty, then it was because I wanted to feel people out esp. if not vocal about thoughts + suspicions in thread. 

Daily Report 11-03-766

The team has confirmed that the effects of the investiture are not present in the samples themselves. It seems to be something on the samples that can be spread from one host to another. Applying more stormlight seems to encourage this spread. Sample 15 has gone missing. A small fire broke out in the file room. Priceless data was lost.

Daily Report 01-04-766

An independent team was enlisted to take a sample to Roshar. Exposure to stormlight encouraged growth, but it was closely monitored and controlled. To the surprise of the researchers’ rot spren seem to be attracted to the sample. After confirmation from the medical institute in Silverlight we have confirmed the existence of several diseases present on the samples. The University is now in lockdown. Quarantine Day 1

Privacy is a commodity that can only be afforded to those who are not infected.

All non-GM PM’s are immediately Closed!

Sart was Killed! He was a loyal intern with a background in Chemistry and a condition related to Division Action - You may role block a player, but you may not communicate in PMs

Player List

Spoiler

1. Gears - Dr. Gears Medical, No Condition

2. Ashbringer - Faleast

3. The Young Pyromancer Physics, Tension - Action: Remove someone's vote, your vote will be assigned randomly to someone with at least one vote

4 Elandera

5. Matrim's Dice - Farns

6. Araris Valerian - Klumm Z.

7. Lord_Silberfarben - Lord-son-...-Silberfarben History, Progression - Action: Target one player, remove their condition

8. TJ Shade - Kondrea

9. Straw - Straw

10. Mist - Tara night  History, Transformation Action: kill target player; you die as well

11. Frozen Mint 

12. Lotus - Lucy

13. Illwei 

14. Vapor 

15. Kasimir - Maris Erikell

16. Sart - Thomas  Chemistry, Division - Action: You may role block a player, but you may not communicate in PMs

17. Lahilt - T. A. Hill

18. Devotary - Liba Medical, Abrasion - Action: you may move a player's vote to another target, but doing so removes your own vote.

19. StrikerEZ 

The day will end August 13 at 8 PM MDT

Edited by Elkanah

Yeah, I was about to vote for Straw. Lotus, you should have given some other reason and seen who would have avoided lynching Straw and who would have supported, like how Sart did.

My reasoning was the same as Sart. Straw was the first person to provide Lotus as an alternate lynch to Devotary, and Lotus lynch actually gained steam before Sart action-claimed. I was also looking at people who voted in C1 and C3, but did not vote in C2, to determine who would have possibly changed Devotary's null vote to a vote on Pyro, and only players who fit that bill are Mint (who was inactive), Straw and Ashbringer. Ash actually voted and retracted, so that would put attention to him, so if we would want to move a null vote, I don't think he would vote at all. Besides, I suspect Straw more than Ashbringer, and Ashbringer's interactions with Devotary felt E-V rather than E-E. These reasons are somewhat moot now, but can add to the fact that Lotus saw Straw target Sart. 

Edit: @Matrim's Dice and anyone who had condition-actions, did you lose your power?

Edited by TJ Shade

Ah ha, I see. Quarantine. Ha ha... ha... ha.

Well okay that's four different backgrounds now, how many actually are there?
I just don't believe that medical is a second heal ability. That just doesn't seem to fit. good chance I'm just dumb but- idk

I feel weird voting this early in the cycle but Straw I guess?

Araris...you seem to be keeping up your whole 'voting on the person who just died' thing from last cycle :P.

Edited by Illwei

3 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

I forgot to send in an action, so Matrim probably still has his power. May as well join in on Sart. Who knows, I might live out the game!

Sart be dead.

This is your second (and a half, thanks to putting a read on dead!Pyro) strike. Three strikes and I accuse you of doing this on purpose.

Also, does anyone at all want to talk about PM’s being shut? Out of nowhere? Because now I’m scared someone did this, over it being a GM event. Although viral Division being the roleblock instead of something else gives me a bit of a relief...

Oh. Wait. The diseases do spread through PM’s, don’t they. Hmm... partially?

(Ninja’d significantly...)

Straw. You have been marked by Lotus. Do you happen to have a disease that lets you scan alignments and will kill you in the next turn, too?

Seriously, I do want to have your explanation. Will it change anything? Probably not, but I want to see it anyway.

@Straw

39 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Straw 

I saw you target Sart last night.

What kind of ability do you have? Did you scan Straw or Sart? Did you see specifically the action taken?

I'm hesitantly okay with a Straw Lynch, but need a little more information than this. There are many reasons he may have targeted Sart last night that don't include the kill. 

@Elkanah @The_God_King, if someone is roleblocked, would it show they targettrd someone in a scan of they attempted but failed because of the block?

10 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Also, does anyone at all want to talk about PM’s being shut? Out of nowhere? Because now I’m scared someone did this, over it being a GM event. Although viral Division being the roleblock instead of something else gives me a bit of a relief...

I mean, I want to talk now that I don't have PMs :P.
I'm wondering if it had to do with the day we reached or the number of PMs created? I would be kinda surprised if it was someone's action.

Also I just realized that I was looking for a specific post in a past cycle before I got completely sidetracked with just idk what but Kas said that someone claimed a disease to him that involved votes not counting period, and implied it was not Vapor, But Vapor's vote is always disappearing as well so doesn't that mean that there should be more votes missing on the last devotary lynch? I could just not be remembering or interpreting right, not because it's especially late where I am, just because...because.

Also not really relevant but Araris why did you leave your vote on Matrim? Because I first thought it was supposed to be some sort of vote manip trap but the more I thought about that the less that thinking made sense.

Well...at least one of the players I trust most is still alive. The lack of PMs is unfortunate though, I will say. I wasn’t using them enough, mind you, but I was hoping to start doing so soon.

What’s with this sudden luck of catching elims doing the kills? Are we just getting really lucky all of a sudden? Or are the elims scared and trying to buy themselves time? I don’t want to spend a whole other cycle where nothing happens from the discussion because we’re all voting on Straw, though I do think it’s most likely that Lotus is correct. And if they are correct, I suspect they won’t last past N5. So it’s concerning that apparently both of our action scanners ended up claiming to out an elim at the expense of what is almost certain death. 

I mentioned something about the possibility of Lotus lying as well, right? If I didn’t, then I am now. I just don’t think it’s very likely, but it’s late and I’m feeling paranoid and need to think about it. Ultimately, I’m going to trust them until it is obvious that I shouldn’t. If Lotus does end up flipping elim, then we should go after Araris. Araris was the one saying Lotus was the most likely alternate lynch option to Devotary before we all bandwagoned on her, right? Or was that Sart? Not sure. Pretty sure it was Araris though. If it wasn’t, feel free to correct me. I still trust Araris right now, just saying I will probably put him at the top of my suspect list (along with Lotus) if Straw flips village.

As for who else I suspect...I don’t suspect Kas, TJ, or Mat. I have a particularly strong indifference towards Ash, which at this point in the game is concerning. I hardly remember anything about Mint and Vapor, and thinking it’s likely that one of them is an elim, simply because there’s usually almost always one inactive(-ish) player on any given elim team. I’m leaning village on Illwei, though will probably revise my read on them if none of Ash, Mint, or Vapor are elims. Am I missing anyone? I hope not because I need to sleep.

I hope some of that made sense, but I’m too tired to look back to make sure it does.

EDIT: Was missing Elandera and Lahilt. Have nothing on Lahilt, so they’re tossed in the category of possible inactive(-ish) elim. Elandera makes going in the same category as Illwei, which is basically I don’t know, but will revise my opinions on them later. Though I do think it’s interesting that Elandera said what she did. Normally I’d probably read the beginning of her post as very elim leaning, but her question is very interesting. Is she possibly another roleblocker? Thinking she caught Lotus in a lie because she knows she roleblocked Straw? Or am I probably overthinking this? Guess I’ll find out when I wake up.

EDIT2: @TJ Shade I see you’ve been recently looking. Just tagging you in case you didn’t see my edit. :)

Edited by StrikerEZ

1 hour ago, StrikerEZ said:

Araris was the one saying Lotus was the most likely alternate lynch option to Devotary before we all bandwagoned on her, right? Or was that Sart? Not sure. Pretty sure it was Araris though. If it wasn’t, feel free to correct me.

Araris voted for Matrim. Straw started the alternate Lotus lynch. Then Illwei and Matrim followed. 

@Kasimir, was Lotus one of the 2 Target Scanners (I'm going to assume Lotus is a Target Scanner, because that's what her post seems to imply. @Lotus, please correct me if I'm wrong) who claimed to you? If she's not, that means we have 3 Target Scanners, and I really reaally doubt all 3 Target Scanners are Villagers, so you might want to look at those 2.

@Araris Valerian, I'd like to you to answer this whenever you can: 

3 hours ago, TJ Shade said:

Speaking of @Araris Valerian, was it you who removed my roleblock or was it Silber (or someone else)?

Edited by TJ Shade

A mask, my first unfeeling scrap of clothing
Pity comes too late-
Turn around and face your fate:

Eternal quarantine before you die!

-The Phantom of 2020 and apparently this game too

#1. Straw. I think this more or less definitively settles the question of whether there is Village protection, since it's very clear that any existing Village protection should have been on Sart, and IMO, that's what role-blocks are for. They're sub-optimal protections because you have to block the person making the kill, but they're what we have, alongside a reported Thug. 

#2. 

8 hours ago, TJ Shade said:

Yeah, I was about to vote for Straw. Lotus, you should have given some other reason and seen who would have avoided lynching Straw and who would have supported, like how Sart did.

This. I'd encourage we not lose steam or focus on the discussions - I still think we should talk about last Cycle's voting, but frankly, it's not the same without lynch pressure. Better than nothing though. If we do not discuss, we lose a cycle. That's one free cycle the surviving Elims (whether or not Straw is one) have to continue to hide, free from Village pressure. I stand by what I've said, in albeit fragmented fashion, about Araris last cycle. If I have time (hahahahahHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH) I'll do a more integrated post identifying my current reads. [Edit: I will say Sart's death makes me more confident of some of my reads.]

#3.

8 hours ago, Illwei said:

Well okay that's four different backgrounds now, how many actually are there?
I just don't believe that medical is a second heal ability. That just doesn't seem to fit. good chance I'm just dumb but- idk

At least five, since none of the mentioned backgrounds are mine. And I agree with the scepticism on medical being a repetition on heal. Doesn't seem right to me, since we don't have repetition between any other known background-ability and known condition-ability. It's awfully convenient. I also note that having a healing ability trips alarm flags for me because: healing TJ, a claimed role-blocker, which does not seem very Village, and also Devotary conveniently claimed to be an alignment scanner who would die N4. Given that she would have to claim to be 'healed' eventually, I think there's weak reason to believe she would be aware of an existing healer.

#4. 

7 hours ago, Illwei said:

Also I just realized that I was looking for a specific post in a past cycle before I got completely sidetracked with just idk what but Kas said that someone claimed a disease to him that involved votes not counting period, and implied it was not Vapor, But Vapor's vote is always disappearing as well so doesn't that mean that there should be more votes missing on the last devotary lynch? I could just not be remembering or interpreting right, not because it's especially late where I am, just because...because.

Duuude :P This is literally why we asked you if you used your double vote last cycle. If you had, then the missing votes check out. There were 12 votes on Devotary. Going from what I know of the role-claims, there should only be 11 votes. Which indicates to me someone possibly used Abrasion to shift a null vote onto Devotary, or Tension - if they used Tension, they were lucky, but not incredibly so, since we're seeing 50-50 odds of being on either vote. Or, straightforwardly, Double-Voter #4, assuming you and #3 are both truthful.

It'd be nice if whoever did the vote shenanigans on Devotary 'fessed up now before I need to put in an order to check out who put the 'vot(e)' into Devotary :P 

Not that I won't, but I'll side-eye you freaking hard when I catch you <_<

#5. 

4 hours ago, TJ Shade said:

@Kasimir, was Lotus one of the 2 Target Scanners (I'm going to assume Lotus is a Target Scanner, because that's what her post seems to imply. @Lotus, please correct me if I'm wrong) who claimed to you? If she's not, that means we have 3 Target Scanners, and I really reaally doubt all 3 Target Scanners are Villagers, so you might want to look at those 2.

No. And I agree we need clarity on whether Lotus is claiming action scanner or otherwise. People are not wrong to point out that Lotus might have scanned some other kind of action, but under the circumstances, if Straw turns out Elim (I'm happy to hear arguments for why we shouldn't lynch him later on), we want to be looking at the people doing the pushback, and especially those riding the pushback but not fronting it.

Edit: @Matrim's Dice, who did you role-block? 

Edited by Kasimir

Guess we're doing this again :P Okay

Straw

2 hours ago, Kasimir said:

No. And I agree we need clarity on whether Lotus is claiming action scanner or otherwise. People are not wrong to point out that Lotus might have scanned some other kind of action, but under the circumstances, if Straw turns out Elim (I'm happy to hear arguments for why we shouldn't lynch him later on), we want to be looking at the people doing the pushback, and especially those riding the pushback but not fronting it.

Yes, this is important. @Lotus, what ability do you have, and @Kasimir, what did Lotus claim to you, if she did?

So, before I went to bed I made a reads list, planning to post it when the cycle went up, but it was late so I slept, and now this happened. So here it is, even though it's not super useful right now.

Italicized= what I wrote before the new cycle

Bold= what I wrote this morning after reading the above posts

Spoiler

Village 

Sart- Exposed an elim. Very obvious clear, in my eyes. Dead :P.

Kasimir- Seems very genuine and helpful, and an original voter of Devotary 

TJ Shade- Also seems genuine, has a voting pattern I like and reads that I generally agree with 

Null leaning Village 

Ashbringer- Since D1 he has turned around for me, (don’t know why Sart thinks we’re not on the same team :P) Gut feeling, at this point, plus the fact that a lot of my suspects have voted on them. 

Frozen Mint- Liking the RP, liking the reasoning for their votes. 

Null 

Vapor- Similar to Lahilt/Straw, laying low and not saying much 

Lahilt- Similar to Straw/Vapor, laying low and not saying much 

Elandera- Understandably hasn’t posted a ton. The initial agreement with Devotary could be either elim or village. 

Null leaning Elim 

StrikerEZ- Was the last of the voters of Devotary, and only agreed with the reasoning already given. Would’ve been an easy buss, as at that point there were no votes on anyone else and he would’ve assumed Devotary was done for. After reading his post this cycle, I'd probably put him in just 'Null'.

Illwei- Suspected at the beginning, then much more reserved now. Either a scared villager or an elim who realized they were attracting too much attention 

Straw- Similar to Lahilt/Vapor, laying low and not saying much. The difference here is that Straw voted on Lotus right as the Devotary train was forming. A possible attempt to throw shade on me? Looks like this could be right. Huh.

Mild Elim 

Lotus- Just... the same bad gut feeling against them. The only problem here is I doubt Lotus/Straw would be elims together, and I’m slightly suspicious of both at this point. Obviously I'm now rethinking this :P Lotus is now a village read for me- sorry for my excessive tunneling earlier.

Araris Valerian- After taking into consideration Kas/TJ’s comments, Araris’s voting patterns and stuff do feel a bit strange, and the push on me over Devotary, and earlier Ash over Illwei. 

Possible team: Araris, Straw, Illwei? At this point, I’d vote basically any of the last five on my list. Still see this as an option, imo, though won't vote Lotus and probably not Striker. Of course, when I say 'vote' I now mean next cycle...

9 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

I forgot to send in an action, so Matrim probably still has his power. May as well join in on Straw. Who knows, I might live out the game!

Edit: wrong name

Yup, still have my action. Thankfully, I might add. Though, I knew I would-

2 hours ago, Kasimir said:

Edit: @Matrim's Dice, who did you role-block? 

Because I blocked Araris, worried he'd remove my ability and because he is one of my elim suspects. But if he forgot, then it didn't matter anyway.

But AGAIN one that can't be straight up proven. G   R   E   A   T. This is getting mighty annoying.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

8 hours ago, Elandera said:

What kind of ability do you have? Did you scan Straw or Sart? Did you see specifically the action taken?

I targeted Straw and saw that they targeted Sart last round. I did not see the action Straw took, however.

Edit: @Matrim's DiceI did not claim to Kas. We were too busy talking about leeches. 

Edited by Lotus

5 hours ago, TJ Shade said:

Araris voted for Matrim. Straw started the alternate Lotus lynch. Then Illwei and Matrim followed. 

I knew something I said wouldn’t be understandable. :P

What I was trying to ask is if it was Araris saying that the lynch on Lotus was most likely an attempt to get a counter lynch going since there was an attempt to lynch Devotary pre-Sart. I’m pretty sure it was him, and I think he was right about that, especially with Lotus’s reveal now. Granted, this opinion is subject to review upon Straw’s imminent demise.

Also, good to know that Lotus saw Straw’s target and not some other variation of what they could’ve seen. Would’ve preferred the action, but this is alright I guess.

43 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

StrikerEZ- Was the last of the voters of Devotary, and only agreed with the reasoning already given. Would’ve been an easy buss, as at that point there were no votes on anyone else and he would’ve assumed Devotary was done for.

I have Striker as the 4th vote for Devotary. He voted before Sart's action claim. I think you missed this somehow. 

TO WHOMSOEVER IT MAY CONCERN:

MONDAY/0219HRS/L3 = TRUE. W[9-11] = FALSE. W[13-15] = TRUE. 

3 minutes ago, TJ Shade said:

I have Striker as the 4th vote for Devotary. He voted before Sart's action claim. I think you missed this somehow. 

Yeah, that's what I meant. The last of the votes on Devotary before Sart's action claim. Sorry that wasn't more clear.

4 minutes ago, TJ Shade said:

TO WHOMSOEVER IT MAY CONCERN:

MONDAY/0219HRS/L3 = TRUE. W[9-11] = FALSE. W[13-15] = TRUE.

And clearly this doesn't concern me, as I have no idea what the heck it means :P 

Well, this is certainly something to wake up to. :P

The thing I targeted Sart with was an anti-roleblock of sorts, same as Gravitation in LG13/LG67. It rendered him immune to all roleblocks/action manipulation last night, and would have also made him immune to vote manipulation today. The flavor for it was that I had a background in Mechanics. I gained access to this ability at the start of D3 (it did nothing beforehand).

9 hours ago, Illwei said:

Also not really relevant but Araris why did you leave your vote on Matrim? Because I first thought it was supposed to be some sort of vote manip trap but the more I thought about that the less that thinking made sense.

I was/am suspicious of him and Devotary was getting lynched regardless of where my vote was. Why bother stabbing some who is already dead?

1 hour ago, StrikerEZ said:

What I was trying to ask is if it was Araris saying that the lynch on Lotus was most likely an attempt to get a counter lynch going since there was an attempt to lynch Devotary pre-Sart. I’m pretty sure it was him, and I think he was right about that, especially with Lotus’s reveal now. Granted, this opinion is subject to review upon Straw’s imminent demise.

I don’t remember commenting on the Lotus lynch attempt, although it did seem rather suspicious to me.

Faleast lay on his cot, tossing and turning every now and then. He was supposed to have a fever - it was somewhat uncomfortable, but it let him safely store gold while also earning him a bit more access to examine the other “patients”.

Faleast gave a chuckle at that thought. This group wasn’t getting any medical care anytime soon. They’d lost two doctors already, including poor Dr. Gears. Faleast had liked the fellow, although AraRaash was just happy that he’d never gotten around to reporting them.

The chuckle turned into a wet cough. Bloodmaking or no, there was definitely some disease that was afflicting him. That and that rusting blood test. The quarantiners had quickly jabbed a needle in him, and while he’d had the instincts to properly bleed, AraRaash hadn’t taught him how to fake a test and hadn’t reacted in time to do it himself.

He tuned in to where AraRaash was speaking inside his head. -forget about those scales, look at the lesions! They make it hard to communicate, sure, but any contact will lead to burns! It’s just like those Dustbringers back in the Desolations, this disease must be some sort of... pre-Division!

I didn’t know you were a scientist, AraRaash, Faleast said, laughing to himself again.

Don’t you see? These organisms - these diseases - they give people Surges! They’re Invested! You don’t even need Stormlight to use them at a weak level! This could unlock the powers of Roshar without using the spren bonds!

Faleast nodded, closing his eyes. Yes, that would be a great boon for them. There’d be side affects, but with Bloodmaking he should be able to control the infection. 

Then an idea came to him. AraRaash, do you have enough stored Health to regrow an arm?

Only about thirty times over, came the reply. But that doesn’t mean it won’t hurt. What are you planning?

Faleast told him.

Oh. Yeah, that may be a bit more than an arm. But I say we try it.

And so AraRaash began moving the viral infection into his arm, relocating the infected cells. Faleast winced involuntarily as his real symptoms of [REDACTED] grew stronger.

He took a deep breath, focusing on all of those organisms within himself, glittering with Investiture in an effort not to be stamped out by a much stronger immune system than expected.

His mind wandered briefly. The samples are secure?

Yes, AraRaash responded.

Faleast nodded, and turned his head to his arm. Sensed the countless sparks of Investiture within. They were not a part of him and AraRaash’s mixed Identity, not yet at least.

Faleast forced his eyes open, staring at his arm even while sensing its inner workings down to the smallest cells and those Invested others.

And Faleast burned Nicrosil.

@Elkanah, do you think you could PM me what that would do? :P

Edited by Ashbringer
"snd"