The_God_King

Long Game 68: Studies of Ashyn

784 posts in this topic

I think Silber (or someone with similar action) targeted me. I'm healed of my disease and can no longer use my action. PMs are now open for me.  

They might have killed him because he's pretty inactive, but wouldn't that benefit village more?

1 minute ago, Gears said:

Interesting. This ability appears to have no negative side effects. @The_God_King, was Silber's ability single-use or continuous [id est, every cycle/turn]? Yet again a historian dead. If I was an elim, I would have chosen a person who has claimed a disease, such as TJ or Matrim. Perhaps they suspected that those people would be protected. Perhaps they had learned Silber's role in PMs. Something is strange here, but I won't be the one to figure it out because I'm going to sleep. Farewell.

Since the condition was revealed I can openly discuss its mechanics: The action could be used as an action multiple times

5 minutes ago, Illwei said:

They might have killed him because he's pretty inactive, but wouldn't that benefit village more?

I think early game elim kills either try to take out people who are confirmed/strongly read as village, or that haven’t participated enough to give the village information upon their death. Since I didn’t see any strong village reads from anyone, I’m guessing the latter was their motivation. Although it could have to do with a PM he had, those can be dangerous.

Both those dead were History... hope I’m not next.

I didn't get a lick of sleep last night. Someone, I'm not sure who, kept waking me up with loud music. (OOC: I was roleblocked) Seriously, who does that? Now I'm even more cranky than usual, and that's not the worst of it. Son-Son-Son-Son-Whatever is dead, and we don't have any leads. I know he came up with a strategy for scanning players, so maybe the saboteurs thought that he was a scanner. He was certainly more talkative than he normally is. Or was, I guess. And it turns out Tara, that goody-two-shoes, wasn't actually a traitor. That's my bad. i hope it doesn't show up on my monthly report. Hell, I'll be lucky if I even see another monthly report. Right, okay, the only way out of this is through. We need some leads, and I'm suspicious of Mint for what she said last night.

i disagree that analyzing vote changes are a waste of time. We learned about Illwei's role that way, didn't we? Plus, it's important to know what we're dealing with. We're scientists, so we need to analyze our surroundings in order to better formulate our hypotheses. We can only make guesses at this point, and saying we shouldn't worry about something makes me worry about it even more. I'm going to go get some sleep, but I'm worried about you.

Posted (edited)

41 minutes ago, Sart said:

i disagree that analyzing vote changes are a waste of time. We learned about Illwei's role that way, didn't we?

How did analyzing vote changes get you any closer to learning my role?

EDIT: I'm not against vote analysis, even though I've never seen it work really at all, just that reasoning.

Edited by Illwei
ooh look Illwei's actually "EDIT:" ing things in now -_-

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Illwei said:

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

Edit:

So to the person who PMed me, I am not responding because I am attempting to pm less to lower my chances of catching something, even if canonically the diseases give superpowers. I think the whole thing was that they give powers, but they disrupt the thing that makes the cities float? Idk.

Perhaps the Archives are incomplete. (Pyro, 2020: 1035692)

Edited by Kasimir

10 hours ago, Illwei said:

Because when we analyzed them we ended up with you claiming. Therefore analyzing the vote manip made us learn your role.

8 hours ago, Kasimir said:

Perhaps the Archives are incomplete. (Pyro, 2020: 1035692)

I think the quote it leads to is the same as the one above? If you weren't so cryptic with your playstyle this game, maybe I'd understand :P 

So, I’m going to vote on Gears. I still can’t shake the feeling that his whole elim claim thing with all the permutations of that is just a way to get us to brush him aside. It’s been bothering me ever since it happened.

53 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Because when we analyzed them we ended up with you claiming. Therefore analyzing the vote manip made us learn your role.

I think the quote it leads to is the same as the one above? If you weren't so cryptic with your playstyle this game, maybe I'd understand :P 

I should think that you Jedi would have more respect for the difference between knowledge and wisdom. :P 

39 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

So, I’m going to vote on Gears. I still can’t shake the feeling that his whole elim claim thing with all the permutations of that is just a way to get us to brush him aside. It’s been bothering me ever since it happened.

I did say that the elim thing was a fun diversion that was completely unrelated. Also, since I didn't claim elim, it is irrelevant. 

1 hour ago, Matrim's Dice said:

He's saying that Pyro has information that the rest of us lack. Elims are more likely to have access to such information, so Pyro might be an elim.

Pyro might be my strongest suspicion right now, so unless a better target presents itself before the end of the cycle, I'm voting for him.

Posted (edited)

Quick rule clarification: you have one action each day, and one action each night. However, you can only do each unique action once each full cycle

Edited by The_God_King

Sorry folks. Life has been not-good - a bit awful actually - so I'm going to drop the quotation weirdness as it's just another stressor on top of other unhappy stuff. What I said about aiming for minimally 1-2 posts still stands. I'll just do whatever and RP sometimes I guess. I'm sorry about the mess.

Gonna go rest after this and try to reset myself. Will try to be better and contribute more tomorrow.

Hmm. You have to love when your main Elim suspicion gets night killed by the Elims...

Gears I have been noticing is being more quiet than usual, but I feel like that can be attributed to this being a Blackout game and there being little for Gears to analyze.

Pyro... has been unusually quiet in-thread, and I haven't gotten a PM from him. But he has a valid-ish reason to do so, so I don't know if that's a reason to lynch him.

I'm going to see if I can supplement my reads from earlier.

Just now, Ashbringer said:

Gears I have been noticing is being more quiet than usual, but I feel like that can be attributed to this being a Blackout game and there being little for Gears to analyze.

Yes, and also no one is talking [Well, they are, but I can't really get reads on what they're saying because they have little to no reasoning.] so I can't analyse the people either.

47 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Hmm. You have to love when your main Elim suspicion gets night killed by the Elims...

I don't even know how Silber could've been your main elim suspicion. As far as I remember, he barely talked at all in D1. Am I just forgetting something?

Also, @Gears it was just the way you said the stuff, rather than what you actually said. The kind of dismissive vibe I got from you basically saying that it would serve you in the future and no one could really call you out on it. I don't know if I'm just seeing things, but that's my best bet right now.

Just now, StrikerEZ said:

don't even know how Silber could've been your main elim suspicion. As far as I remember, he barely talked at all in D1. Am I just forgetting something?

I mean, it wasn't much. But I was iffy on Silber from the alignment scanner proposition, and he'd only made one post. I stab-voted him in order to try and get him to post more, as he successfully played the last two games only posting once per turn, while avoiding major suspicion as an Elim. And then he didn't post any more the next cycle. And then he died.

1 minute ago, Ashbringer said:

I mean, it wasn't much. But I was iffy on Silber from the alignment scanner proposition, and he'd only made one post. I stab-voted him in order to try and get him to post more, as he successfully played the last two games only posting once per turn, while avoiding major suspicion as an Elim. And then he didn't post any more the next cycle. And then he died.

Hmm...I forgot he was the one to make that suggestion. I can see what you mean, now. 

5 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Also, @Gears it was just the way you said the stuff, rather than what you actually said. The kind of dismissive vibe I got from you basically saying that it would serve you in the future and no one could really call you out on it. I don't know if I'm just seeing things, but that's my best bet right now.

Given that my best suspicion is a typically chaotic player who is confused, I don't think I'm in the best position to judge your suspicions. Still, that dismissive vibe is because it will be useful in the future, not now, and it is completely unrelated to the game as I haven't claimed elim. Why wouldn't I be dismissive of it when it serves no purpose at the moment?

55 minutes ago, Gears said:

Given that my best suspicion is a typically chaotic player who is confused, I don't think I'm in the best position to judge your suspicions. Still, that dismissive vibe is because it will be useful in the future, not now, and it is completely unrelated to the game as I haven't claimed elim. Why wouldn't I be dismissive of it when it serves no purpose at the moment?

Why would you bring it up at all when you say it surves no purpose at the moment?

But honestly this feels like the same thing that happened with me and the whole jeskeri thing last game, so I'm tempted to dismiss it. (I mean, I was elim last game, just not the elims they were looking for) 

8 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Why would you bring it up at all when you say it surves no purpose at the moment?

But honestly this feels like the same thing that happened with me and the whole jeskeri thing last game, so I'm tempted to dismiss it. (I mean, I was elim last game, just not the elims they were looking for) 

[These are not the elims you're looking for...] It was something that was relevant [at the time], interesting [to me at least], and potentially useful in the future. Also, see "foot-in-the-door" technique, people are more likely to accept an idea when you introduce it gradually. If I just bring the elim idea up out of nowhere and claim elim off the bat, people might lynch me, and that wouldn't be fun. If I had brought it up before, people can realise that it is the gambit I mentioned before.

Are blackouts usually this quiet? There doesn't seem to be anything to talk about.

Hmm.

5 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Are blackouts usually this quiet? There doesn't seem to be anything to talk about.

Hmm.

Hi.

They can be pretty quiet sometimes. There's just not a whole lot going on right now, and it's hard to make discussion out of nothing.