Long Game 68: Studies of Ashyn

Content Warning:

Spoiler

This game was made before Covid and well before this year went a little bonkers. If you are triggered by anything that has happened this year this game might not be for you. We would happily answer any questions about the game in PM. This game does not contain anything grotesque or anything that is meant to be disturbing but if you are worried please reach out and we can answer any questions. Ashyn's investiture system directly involves disease and will be discussed within the game

The streets of Silverlight shone with ethereal light. Dust clung to the boots of the researchers as they walked to the university. Samples filled their packs and journals brimmed with accounts of floating cities and investiture being used by the most mundane creature. Their work had finally finished after nearly two years of exhaustive study.

The work of these researchers had gone phenomenally! They had scattered across Ashyn to collect anything that could further their research. Their samples would further the knowledge of the Shard by decades! With their work concluded the researchers returned to their homes to recover from their journeys. Now the interns needed to sort through the data. 

Little did the researchers know that they were being watched. While the Shard had studied Ashyn, Ashyn had studied the Shard. Slowly and surely they had implanted operatives into Silverlight and a few had made it into the university. While the researchers were highly vetted, the interns were only given a cursory check. 

Strange things happened with the study: samples went missing, fires destroyed important files, and an intern suspiciously died. The study needed to continue, but the interns were wary of their peers. The various worlds they had come from would make it hard for the other interns to pin who was lying. 

Find the Ashyn infiltrators, continue the study, and find the secrets of investiture

This is a Blackout game

Your GMs for this game will be @Elkanah and @The_God_King

A big thank you to @Elbereth for being our gracious IM!

Things You Know:

Spoiler

You are an underpaid intern (if you are even paid at all)

• This game is broken into 47 hour days, 23 hour nights
  • Each Day/Night is one cycle
  • There will be two teams. One is the infiltrators and one is the non-infiltrators
  • The infiltrators will have a night kill and an elim-doc
  • There will be a lynch during the day with a minimum of two votes to lynch
  • Ties will be decided by committee RNG
  • You will know what actions you can take and what they can do
  • Roles and alignment will be revealed upon death
  • Cycles will end at 8 PM Mountain Daylight Time and resume at 9 PM Mountain Daylight Time
  • You can take one action during the day and one action during the night
  • Elim kill is an action taken by one of the elims
  • We will answer questions but PAFO will be our favorite answer

FAQ:

Spoiler
  • There is a prescribed order of actions but it is not public knowledge
  • The Elim kill action can only be taken at night

We have found that cosmetic roles tend to increase overall fun in these games. We recommend choosing a background and name fitting your character. The events of this take place after the events of Elantris but before Mistborn Era 1. For those who don't spend hours comparing world timelines this is also before the Stormlight Archive Series and Warbreaker. If anyone has timeline requests let me know and we'll see how it fits in. For the most part it's before everything but Elantris and Emperor's Souls

Player List

Spoiler

1. Gears - Dr. Gears

2. Ashbringer - Faleast

3. The Young Pyromancer - TBD

4. Teft the mosshead - Irian

5. Matrim's Dice - Farns

6. Araris Valerian - Klumm Z.

7. Lord_Silberfarben - Lord-son-...-Silberfarben

8. TJ Shade - Kondrea

9. Straw - Straw

10. Mist - Tara night

11. Frozen Mint - TBD

12. Lotus - Lucy

13. Illwei - TBD

14. Vapor - TBD

15. Kasimir - Maris Erikell

16. Sart - Thomas

17. Lahilt - T. A. Hill

18. Devotary - Liba

19. StrikerEZ - TBD

Spec Doc

Spoiler

Elandera

Sorana

Experience

Start Date: Sunday, August 2nd at 9 PM MDT

Quick Links

Edited by Elandera

Ooooh, I'm doing this. Whether as Faleast or not I'll think about for a while, as he may be busy on Sel and he technically shouldn't exist. (Although if it's before Era 1 Mistborn, it could still be after the Lord Ruler's Ascension, so AraRaash could be around...)

Are the "Village"/non-infiltrators from Silverlight and the "Elims"/infiltrators from Ashyn? Or the other way around? Or PAFO?

Edit: and shouldn't this be pinned?

Edited by Ashbringer

2 minutes ago, Teft the mosshead said:

Hi, I'm thinking of joining this game - Name TBD.

Your second post in the history of your brief existence is to sign-up for this game. How intriguing. If you have any questions, ask someone more qualified than I [though you may ask me if you wish], like the Game Masters.

35 minutes ago, Teft the mosshead said:

I:ph34r:

Welcome to the 17th Shard and the game! If you have any questions you can Private Message either of TGK or I and we would be happy to help you out. :) 

Edit

@Ashbringer , the interns from ashyn are the elims. The rest of you interns are trying to find them.

Edited by Elkanah
answer a question

I will be Lord-son-son-son-Silberfarben

How he got here...

no one knows, he shouldn't even have been born!

but well

here he is, don't ask

EDIT:

cosmetic role, every day mention some invention he is up to

Edited by Lord_Silberfarben

Sign me up as Kondrea, a biologist in the broad sense of the word, here on Ashyn to determine the cause of the catastrophe and it's impact on the Ashyn ecosystem. Might as well study the people exhibiting weird side-effects of getting infected.