Bane of Populations.

Frustration

So I have a population concern in my work, what percentage of the population to make into magic users?

I want a percentage that will almost always be relevant, but not so large that it makes normal people irrelevant.

I have worked out 1 in 1,000 at the moment but I want some other input as some of you are doubtless more experienced in this area than I am.

Edit: at first a supermajority of the users will be missed, but as time goes on and nation's get more centralized, the number that are missed will go down, and I don't want to change the occurance rate 

Edited by Frustration

• 1 month later...
Guest Somebody from Scadrial
3 hours ago, Frustration said:

Your born with it, at random

Ok so this is going to get weird but more questions sorry unfortunately it's important what's the worlds population (roughly) and technology level?

Guest Somebody from Scadrial
6 hours ago, Frustration said:

As I said it will very as the series(universe?) goes on.

Ok I'd put in the 1 in 500 to 1 in 1000 so it's up to you but I wouldn't go any higher than that (you could call it epigenetic and save some hassall it can do the same thing so it would probably work)