Ask Scarletfox Anything

Scarletfox

On 10/7/2020 at 5:46 PM, Condensation said:

What's your opinion on pancakes?

They are delicious, but only when cooked all the way through. One of my pet peeves is when people make doughy pancakes. 

I also love putting chocolate chips in pancakes, mmmm, so delicious.

It has been many months since I have had a good pancake. When half my family had to go off gluton for health reasons, we threw away all the pancake mix and most of the flour to 'rid ourselves of all temptation' :rolleyes:

On 10/9/2020 at 10:17 AM, Condensation said:

I agree, my mom has a tendency to do that and I don't like it.

Yes! Oh my gosh, have you tried other things? We put blueberries in, cinnamon chips, vanilla chips, food coloring, whatever we feel like.

That's so sad! I love pancakes. What about waffles?

I've done blueberries, but I've never tried those other things... I shall have to introduce them to my family :ph34r::ph34r:

I like waffles, but for these even more so than pancakes, they have to be cooked! My siblings always take them out early so they're still all doughy, and it drives me up the wall! But when their done correctly, waffles are alright, though I like pancakes better.

• 1 month later...
On 11/12/2020 at 3:16 PM, AonEne said:

Psychology or sociology?

What's your favorite rep title that you've had?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I can't decide, can I take both? Probably psychology, but barely

Spearman B) (though tbh I don't really look at my rep title much)

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Ookla the Tortured said:

You don’t know me then. Ok. I’ll be myself. But irl, I’m an idiot. Ask well, no one. I don’t know anyone irl on the shard. :(

You are not an idiot. There is no such thing as an idiotic person. There are idiotic actions, yes, we're all learning and getting better at that, but don't let your actions become your identity. What you do is not who you are. What you do may be influenced by who you are, but it does not define who you are. Do not let yourself become defined by your actions.

(I'm sorry if you're not religious and this makes you uncomfortable, but these are just my thoughts on the mater) Who you are is exactly the way that God wanted you to be. He made every single little quirk and characteristic of your personality, just the way it's supposed to be. God does not create idiots. We can sometimes do idiotic and stupid things that make us look bad, but when it comes down to it, our personality and who we actually are was crafted directly by God himself. 

Spoiler

Aaaaand this is getting into deep religious stuff, so if I made you super uncomfortable, you can leave now :P; I just thought this needed to be said

Even though we do idiotic stuff, God still loves us. Even though we make stupid decisions and hurt people sometimes, God looks past all that, and looks exactly at who we are, who he made us to be. He sees us, and He loves us.

17 hours ago, Aspiring Writer said:

How's life?

Meh, it's up and down. Pretty good though. All of my siblings are coming home for the holidays, which means 9 people living in our house, which will be increased gradually to 13 by the time Christmas gets here. I'm so happy to have them home, this is usually the best time of the year because of that.

Edited by Ookla the Sly

2 hours ago, Ookla the Sly said:

(I'm sorry if you're not religious and this makes you uncomfortable, but these are just my thoughts on the mater) Who you are is exactly the way that God wanted you to be. He made every single little quirk and characteristic of your personality, just the way it's supposed to be. God does not create idiots. We can sometimes do idiotic and stupid things that make us look bad, but when it comes down to it, our personality and who we actually are was crafted directly by God himself. 

It doesn't make me uncofortable or anything. But yes, I'm not religous. Thanks for your tips. :)

On 12/13/2020 at 8:51 AM, Ookla the Steampunked said:

What’s your favorite Mexican food? 

Tamales, fresh tamales from one of those little mexican markets.

In your opinion, what would be the most creative way to level a city?

To pass a mandate forcing everyone's hands to be cut off and replaced with wooden spoons. The city would be gone in no time.

How the heck are you a scarlet fox anyways? Did you fall into a dye vat or something?

A very large vat. 

Edited by Ookla the Sly

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/17/2020 at 8:44 PM, Narcoleptic Axolotl said:

What do you think of Brandon being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (aka Mormon)? Does it make you skeptical of some of the philosophies in his books?

It doesn't for me, as a religious person myself (though not LDS) I respect that he lets his beliefs and convictions come through, and I think that it adds some flavor to his books. While I disagree with a lot of what he says, I highly respect that he does what he thinks is right, and that his philosophies make people think deeply. That's what I look for in a book, something that makes me think deeply, even if my conclusions don't match the author's. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2020 at 9:22 AM, Scarletfox said:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I can't decide, can I take both? Probably psychology, but barely

Spearman B) (though tbh I don't really look at my rep title much)

You can definitely take both! 

What are you reading right now? 

On 1/24/2021 at 9:27 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

Would you like a hug?

I always want hugs

9 hours ago, AonEne said:

You can definitely take both! 

What are you reading right now? 

I’m reading many many many books, but mainly A Corner of White 

On 2/13/2021 at 5:05 PM, Chasmgoat said:

Nice! I would also like to be an astronaut, but I doubt I could do it... Space is awesome.

Space is the coolest! I think there are several astronomy clubs on here where people post pictures from stargazing and stuff that's super cool.