Riddles of any kind

Correct!

Here's one

Spoiler

A farmer stood at the edge a river with a wolf, a chicken, and a bag of seed. He has one boat, and can go back and forth across the river as many times as he wants to, but can only fit either the wolf, the chicken, or the seed in the boat with him. If he leaves the wolf and chicken alone, the wolf will eat the chicken, and if he leaves the chicken and the seed together, the chicken will eat the seed. How does he get all three across the river without them eating each other.

And another (kind of)

Spoiler

There were once two men who were going to build a house. They went to the store to get some bricks. The green bricks were five dollars a brick, the red bricks were ten dollars a brick, and the yellow bricks were fifteen dollars a brick. There was no way they were going to be able to afford that. Then they saw the blue bricks. The blue bricks were only ten cents a brick, so they bought a whole bunch of blue bricks, and built their house out of blue bricks. At the end, they had one brick remaining. "What should we do with it?" One man asked. The other one said, "here, hand it to me." The other man threw the blue brick into the air, and it never came down.

21 minutes ago, Scarletfox said:

Correct!

Here's one

Reveal hidden contents

A farmer stood at the edge a river with a wolf, a chicken, and a bag of seed. He has one boat, and can go back and forth across the river as many times as he wants to, but can only fit either the wolf, the chicken, or the seed in the boat with him. If he leaves the wolf and chicken alone, the wolf will eat the chicken, and if he leaves the chicken and the seed together, the chicken will eat the seed. How does he get all three across the river without them eating each other.

And another (kind of)

Hide contents

There were once two men who were going to build a house. They went to the store to get some bricks. The green bricks were five dollars a brick, the red bricks were ten dollars a brick, and the yellow bricks were fifteen dollars a brick. There was no way they were going to be able to afford that. Then they saw the blue bricks. The blue bricks were only ten cents a brick, so they bought a whole bunch of blue bricks, and built their house out of blue bricks. At the end, they had one brick remaining. "What should we do with it?" One man asked. The other one said, "here, hand it to me." The other man threw the blue brick into the air, and it never came down.

The first one - Take the chicken across, go back and get the seed. Bring the seed across and bring the chicken BACK with you. Leave the chicken and take the wolf across. Go back and get the chicken.

The second one - Is the blue brick like, a balloon?

Edited by Chinkoln

There were five houses, a red house, a blue house, a green house, a purple house, and a yellow house. The red house was made of red bricks, the blue house was made of blue bricks, the purple house was made of purple bricks, and the yellow house was made of yellow bricks. What was the green house made of?

I feel like a lot of you have heard this one, so only answer if you haven't.

28 minutes ago, Scarletfox said:

David's father has three sons. One is named Snap, another is named Crackle. What is the third son's name?

Spoiler

David. Haven't you heard of the famous slogan, "Snap, Crackle, David!"?

An artyfacte of yore that voyages 'round the globe, yet stays in a little corner. What it be?

2 hours ago, Gears said:
  Reveal hidden contents

David. Haven't you heard of the famous slogan, "Snap, Crackle, David!"?

An artyfacte of yore that voyages 'round the globe, yet stays in a little corner. What it be?

Spoiler

A stamp. What has a million letters, starts with a p and ends with a e?

On 8/17/2020 at 3:32 PM, turtle said:
Spoiler

A stamp. What has a million letters, starts with a p and ends with a e?

Spoiler

Uhhhhhh....... A personage?? like another name for a celebrity, with all their fan mail........ I'm really bad at this aren't I...

There was once a lady who was going to fly on an airplane that didn't allow dogs, but she just couldn't let herself part with her little Chihuahua, so she put it into her carryon, and brought it onto the plane. 

Midflight, she brought out her dog so that it could breathe. She didn't want to accidentally suffocate it or anything, but the man on the row across from her was smoking, and the smoke was making her dog choke. So she asked, "Please sir, could you stop smoking? You're making my dog choke." But the man just started smoking even harder, making the dog choke even more. So the lady asked again,

"I'm so sorry sir, but could you please stop smoking? My dog is having trouble breathing!" But the man just smoked harder. So she asked a third time,

"Please, my dog may not be able to live with all that smoke in it's lungs, stop smoking!" But the man just smoked harder. The lady was getting frantic, for her dog could not breathe. She was afraid it might die, so she flung open the door of the airplane, and said to her little dog, "Hold on to the airplane wings, I'll see you at home!", and she threw the dog out of the airplane. The smoking man stood up, and threw his cigar out after the dog. 

The woman looked out to see if her dog had made it, and sure enough, there was her little dog holding onto the wings of the plane with its paws. She looked closer and saw something in its mouth.

What was it?

Edited by Scarletfox

On 8/17/2020 at 1:32 PM, turtle said:

Spoiler

Postage 

3 minutes ago, Scarletfox said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Uhhhhhh....... A personage?? like another name for a celebrity, with all their fan mail........ I'm really bad at this aren't I...

There was once a lady who was going to fly on an airplane that didn't allow dogs, but she just couldn't let herself part with her little Chihuahua, so she put it into her carryon, and brought it onto the plane. 

Midflight, she brought out her dog so that it could breathe. She didn't want to accidentally suffocate it or anything, but the man on the row across from her was smoking, and the smoke was making her dog choke. So she asked, "Please sir, could you stop smoking? You're making my dog choke." But the man just started smoking even harder, making the dog choke even more. So the lady asked again,

"I'm so sorry sir, but could you please stop smoking? My dog is having trouble breathing!" But the man just smoked harder. So she asked a third time,

"Please, my dog may be able to live with all that smoke in it's lungs, stop smoking!" But the man just smoked harder. The lady was getting frantic, for her dog could not breathe. She was afraid it might die, so she flung open the door of the airplane, and said to her little dog, "Hold on to the airplane wings, I'll see you at home!", and she threw the dog out of the airplane. The smoking man stood up, and threw his cigar out after the dog. 

The woman looked out to see if her dog had made it, and sure enough, there was her little dog holding onto the wings of the plane with its paws. She looked closer and saw something in its mouth. What was it.

Spoiler

The cigar?

On 8/14/2020 at 3:23 PM, Scarletfox said:

Correct!

Here's one

Reveal hidden contents

And another (kind of)

Hide contents

11 hours ago, Scarletfox said:
  Hide contents

"Please, my dog may not be able to live with all that smoke in it's lungs, stop smoking!" But the man just smoked harder. The lady was getting frantic, for her dog could not breathe. She was afraid it might die, so she flung open the door of the airplane, and said to her little dog, "Hold on to the airplane wings, I'll see you at home!", and she threw the dog out of the airplane. The smoking man stood up, and threw his cigar out after the dog. 

The woman looked out to see if her dog had made it, and sure enough, there was her little dog holding onto the wings of the plane with its paws. She looked closer and saw something in its mouth.

What was it?

Ahhh very clever!

27 minutes ago, Chinkoln said:

So.. the answer to the first riddle was: The blue brick never came down because as they threw it up, a dog was thrown out of an airplane window and caught hold of an airplane wing, while catching the brick.

Yup, that’s right!

On 8/21/2020 at 10:04 AM, Scarletfox said:

Yup, that’s right!

I literally just came onto this thread to give this riddle(s). :P 

Anyway, here's my own, a progressive one, where you find the answer to the one before prior to answering the next. Answers in spoilers:

How do you put a giraffe in the refrigerator? 

Spoiler

Open the door, put the giraffe in, close the door.

How do you put an elephant in the refrigerator?

Spoiler

Open the door, take out the giraffe, put the elephant in, close the door

Tarzan held a meeting for all the animals in the jungle. Which one didn't show up?

Spoiler

The elephant; he was still in the fridge.

Explorers had to cross a river that was known for being filled with alligators, but they crossed without seeing a single one. Why?

Spoiler

The alligators were at the meeting.

Edited by Matrim's Dice
Quote boxes instead of spoiler boxes -_-

• 8 months later...

Here’s one:

You are standing in a huge, nine-story parking lot in which every parking space is numbered with a three-digit number. On each floor, the first digit of this number corresponds with the number of the floor. For example, on the ninth floor the numbers would all be between nine hundred and one thousand. From where you are standing, you can see three empty parking spaces numbered 259, 189, and 989. What floor are you on?