Selecting the Leader of the Hegemony of the World

Gears

Who should be the Leader of the Hegemony of the World?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the Leader of the Hegemony of the World?

• Archer
    • I Am A Fish
    • Condensation
    • revelryintheart
    • Scarletfox
    • Brandon Sanderson
    • Negative_Null
    • Channelknight Fadran
    • Matrim's Dice
    • Mist
    • Danex
    • Truthless of Shinovar
    • DramaQueen

Yes, but, how the world be run, like, specifically. Where are all the little details? How is delegation going to work? Who will be the delegates? If he doesn't have time to run the country because of his books, and has other people do it for him, then we really aren't electing Brandon Sanderson, we're electing people who we don't know. We won't know how the world will be run because we won't have actually talked to the people who would be in charge. 

1 minute ago, Scarletfox said:

Yes, but, how the world be run, like, specifically. Where are all the little details? How is delegation going to work? Who will be the delegates? If he doesn't have time to run the country because of his books, and has other people do it for him, then we really aren't electing Brandon Sanderson, we're electing people who we don't know. We won't know how the world will be run because we won't have actually talked to the people who would be in charge. 

Simple: We will know who will run the world! Knowing Brandon’s books better than anyone, it makes sense that we become his delegates! We can govern the world based on our orders in the Knights Radiant, all focusing on different parts of governing.

(please note I’m thinking of most of this off the top of my head I’m pretty sure this isn’t how politics is done)

1 hour ago, Scarletfox said:

Many thanks, Scarletfox.

47 minutes ago, Danex said:

Do we need a persons consent to name them as our second

can I just say that someone is my second and then they are

I name @DramaQueen as my second, if she doesn't mind.

13 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Simple: We will know who will run the world! Knowing Brandon’s books better than anyone, it makes sense that we become his delegates! We can govern the world based on our orders in the Knights Radiant, all focusing on different parts of governing.

(please note I’m thinking of most of this off the top of my head I’m pretty sure this isn’t how politics is done)

I'm a Lightweaver with multiple personalities, so you can trust me with more of the world. Erudite and Candor are really good at reminding me to do what I'm supposed to.

57 minutes ago, Danex said:

Can I nominate someone and nominate their second, thus forcing them both to run? Can someone be their own second? How might a nominee be disqualified?

Yes. No, as the second would only come into play when the nominee is ineligible. A nominee can be disqualified if they violate the 17th Shard Code of Conduct or otherwise violate site policies. They can also withdraw themselves if they find themselves too busy.

42 minutes ago, Mist said:

I'm not sure any one person should run the world. 

They can create whatever system they please. Maybe you can create a better system once you get elected.

38 minutes ago, I Am A Fish said:

Can I get @Archer as my second?

Noted

30 minutes ago, FriarFritz said:

I nominate @Negative_Null

Noted

27 minutes ago, Condensation said:

I name @DramaQueen as my second, if she doesn't mind.

Noted, and the second does not need to give consent.

23 minutes ago, Hentient said:

Okay but what are the actual responsibilities of said “ruler of the world”

I mean call me crazy but I think these should be written down somewhere.

The Leader of the Hegemony of the World has supreme power over the world. This entails whatever the Leader wishes it to entail. 

10 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I nominate @Channelknight Fadran but I am his second.

The nomination is permitted, but the nominee must choose their own second.

Edited by Gears

7 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

In that case, I choose @Spren of Kindness as my second. Sorry, Matrim, but for some reason I got the feeling that you were going to assassinate me and take over.

Dang. How could you possibly have come up with that crazy idea?...

Well then, I'll nominate myself, with @Matrim's Dice as my second. Yep.

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

You'll be my Vice Ruler of the World. I'm currently designing a constitutional monarchy, and you'll be the heir!

Also @Matrim's Dice you can be executioner if you want.

If you win, I accept!