On reverse compounding

Winter

That was a nice Ted talk yo. :lol:

Hell I hadn't even thought that twinborn could do RC. I had always thought that it was only possible for fullborn or misting/mistborn who had a spike granting F-nicro.

Hmmmm it could be possible but I think the biggest flaw is that if it were that easy then any compounder could have figured it out. Esp since it's been 3 centuries. 

But then again twinborn are rare and compounders even more so and then u have compounders of metals like gold whose allomantic ability isn't that great. 

Although I wonder what would have happened to miles if he had RC'd gold and tapped the concentrated gold shadows. 

We haven't even heard of any other compounders so far , not even a reference . We only know of miles and TLR ,so well it's possible. Let's see. 

Also , compounding is not really harmonys domain . He didn't invent it. 

If anything , only feruchemy can be claimed as harmonys art. 

Also harmony can't harmonize everything. If he could , everything would be perfect. 

Edited by PrinceGenocide
Some polishing

Wait a minute: could atium or electrum sense count as a sense? If so, you could store that in a tinmind! That would make some crazy things happen! That would mean the tinmind could store so much and could end up being a very valuable metalmind, especially for twinborn.

Do we have any word on whether F-Nicrosil stores discrete stuff (like Copper) or does it store (like Iron)?

8 minutes ago, Koloss17 said:

Wait a minute: could atium or electrum sense count as a sense? If so, you could store that in a tinmind! That would make some crazy things happen! That would mean the tinmind could store so much and could end up being a very valuable metalmind, especially for twinborn.

I am not sure about this, great idea though.

On 8/16/2020 at 5:07 AM, Halyo_Alex said:

Tell me about it. And I agree, you probably can't use a nicrosilmind as a "perfect" stormlight receptacle for example (one that won't leak).

Why can't you?

3 hours ago, The_Truthwatcher said:

Do we have any word on whether F-Nicrosil stores discrete stuff (like Copper) or does it store (like Iron)?

Based on WoB it seems to be specific things, seemingly ones tied to your Spiritweb rather than "kinetic Investiture". However, Wax's statement in BoM imply the latter so it's still up in the air.

3 hours ago, The_Truthwatcher said:

Why can't you?

It depends, if it only stores abilities or specific Investiture types, like Allomantic ability, Breaths, etc then it probably wouldn't. But if it can store raw Investiture then it should be able to