How long did it take you to read all three books?

Elric

I started Way of Kings in December 2019 and finished March 2020. How long did it take you to read all the books? I switched between listening to the audio book and reading a chapter, and enjoyed the pace that I was consuming. I guess I just enjoy consuming big books slowly. I've barely started the second book, although I enjoyed the first. I don't know -- I guess I'm sort of waiting for the fourth one to come out so I have even more time to catch up. But how do you prefer to read the books? 

About 7 1/2 years.  ^_^

Seriously, though: If you cut out the waiting time between books it probably took me about three months.

Personally, I prefer to begin by rereading the whole series so that I'm caught up right about when a new book comes out. Then, I binge that book. Once I've done that, I wait about a month to bask in the glory of it, and start again for a slower read where I savor the detail. Repeat as needed. This will probably fall apart as we get more and more books, though.

Way of Kings - I took sometime because I didn't like Kaladin's plot at and still by far the most boring Stormlight Arc for me. In other hand Shallan and Dalinar were great, combined with the intriguing interludes and an awesome world building were what keep me going. I was only learning english too I think, so it took me something over 2 months to finish everything.

Words of Radiance - 3 to 4 weeks, my english wasn't good yet, but it was improving. Plot wise it's way more dynamic and linear than Way of Kings, which helps to make experience more engaging, and the interludes were even better (Lift, Rysn, etc) 

Oathbringer - Around one week. I was reading over 10 chapters a day, spending from 3 to 5 hours every day reading because I was truly obsessed

I read Oathbringer over maybe three weeknights. I had already read the first 32 chapters as sample chapters. So really parts 2 - 5. I was also listening to it on audiobook while commuting to work and at the gym. I remember consuming it whenever I wasn't at work. 

I recently reread WoK and WoR and I read them over about a week or more each.  I was looking to make new connections and highlighting things. I was also off work because of surgery so I had plenty of time. 

Edited by Child of Hodor

I’m... what you would call a slow reader. It took me 2 weeks of actual reading time per book, so about 6 weeks. But life happens so in reality more like 3 months. I read them over summer break 2-3 years ago. I’m capable of reading faster, but when I do I get excited and start skipping lines to see what happens faster. Not. A. Good. Habit. 

17 minutes ago, Frustration said:

Respect.

Reveal hidden contents

Although not so healthy

I go through ...obsessions...? with things? So yeah... not really healthy but I found it kinda physically painful to not continue reading them until I was finished. Then I listened to the audiobooks on repeat for a good month. and then I was good. it's a lot easier when the books don't take 10 hours to read.
ah heh heh...heh

I read WOK and WOR back to back, since I started my Cosmere journey around December 2014 I think (with mistborn). By the time OB came out in 2017, I was hooked and read all the preview chapters as they were released, so I was able to somewhat skim those chapters when I got the ebook. I took the day off work and sat on my couch with my cat, Butchie (see avatar, may her RIP), and had it finished in about 6-7 hours. 

(About) 31 hours total, 9 for Way of Kings, 12 for Words of Radiance, and 10 for Oathbringer.  

In general, I read quickly, but I have never tried to read all of them together in a day without (long) breaks. If I were to, I probably would finish them more quickly than that, as there is always a limitation of the time it takes getting into a book, even one I have read before, and reading them all together would midgate this. Also, the more consecutive time I spend reading, the more quickly I begin to read. My best guess at how quickly I could read it would be somewhere around 26 hours, though I am never likely to try test this.

been a while, so don't remember exatly, but WoK I got from the Library and didn't have to renew, so less than 2 weeks for that one.  WoR I read in a single weekend front to back.  I think it probably took like 30 hours or something, and I don't think I slept that night.  Oathbringer took longer than that, and probably longer than WoK, but still probably within 2 weeks.