Feruchemist Soldiers

PewterRunner

I don't know if this has been answered before but. 

We've never actively seen a feruchemist warrior nor have we seen what a terris army would look like. So my question is how could the powers of feruchemy best be used in training/battle scenarios? Also what is possible while storing. 

I always thought if a feruchemist soldier wanted to really train themselves to be effective they'd train their bodies to a certain point that they're confidently stronger and more fit than the common man. Then constantly store 10% of their attribute say lhysical strength. Then theyd go and train while storing. I'm using pewter as a placeholder since it's the easiest. But say a youre storing in pewter and then you start training physically while in that stored state. 

Does your base strength go up as you get used to training and working out in that state to the point where you're just as efficient in that state as your normal state? Because if that was the case then a feruchemical soldier would be extremely potent. Being in a constant storing state but having trained themselves to be just as effective as they are normally. Then when they need to win just tap a little bit of the attribute they need and they're instantly out of anyone's league that they're fighting. Anyways just a little thought that I had.

39 minutes ago, Karger said:

That would work yes but with most of the best abilities a feruchemist has access to like healing, speed, or willpower it will probably not.

This might work with healing, depending upon the exact machanism. (You store just a bit of health, weakening your immune system until the body learns to work around it, and then repeat). We can't do this with speed, but we can do this with mental speed (Again, depending upon the exact mechanism)

1 minute ago, The_Truthwatcher said:

You store just a bit of health, weakening your immune system until the body learns to work around it, and then repeat)

Or you get a really nasty infection and become immunocompromised.

11 minutes ago, Karger said:

Or you get a really nasty infection and become immunocompromised.

You can just stop storing healing at that point? And use your stored health to finish it? I don't understand what you are getting at.

Edited by The_Truthwatcher

1 minute ago, The_Truthwatcher said:

You can just stop healing at that point? And use your stored health to finish it? I don't understand what you are getting at.

The way I see it healing is your bodies ability to prevent or reverse damage.  If you decrease that ability for a long period of time it is very possible you will develop an internal infection(like type one diabetes) and you might not be able to reverse it.  You can't really strengthen your immune system by being less healthy.  It does not really work that way.

2 minutes ago, Karger said:

The way I see it healing is your bodies ability to prevent or reverse damage.  If you decrease that ability for a long period of time it is very possible you will develop an internal infection(like type one diabetes) and you might not be able to reverse it.  You can't really strengthen your immune system by being less healthy.  It does not really work that way.

I was thinking something like vaccination(not exactly). Why do you think it does not work that way?

4 minutes ago, The_Truthwatcher said:

Why do you think it does not work that way?

You can't improve your health by living in a place without decent medical care or sanitary conditions.  Hence I assume lowering your health does not improve it even if you keep the same level of sanitation.

3 hours ago, Karger said:

That would work yes but with most of the best abilities a feruchemist has access to like healing, speed, or willpower it will probably not.

For healing I figure you could get used to constantly having the sniffles a little bit. In real life combat situations soldiers aren't always in the best constitution but to a degree are still expected to perform. After a while youd think you could ignore something like the sniffles. 

For speed I was thinking a feruchemist could get creative while training and store speed while also doing physical conditioning and it acts as a sort of resistance band sort of thing.

Edited by PewterRunner