Fabrial Metals

LiquidBlue

Okay, searching the Coppermind, most of the Rosharan references to gold are talking about the colour- this person's armour was painted gold, that person was wearing gold robes, etc. Which I don't think is relevant for our purposes. 

Two things that might be a reference to the metal, though- Dalinar says that Tanavast's cloths seem to be made out of gold. And (Dawnshard spoilers):

Spoiler

The Akinah mural has what Rysn describes as gold foil. Which may again simply be a reference to the colour, but she's describing a piece of metal, so there's something there.

So there's nothing I'd call 100% conclusive that I can find, but I think it's a reasonably safe bet that they least know what gold is. 

We know mining is done on Roshar given Shallan's family business. Though they mind stone but given that Roshar is at least aware of precious minerals I'm sure there is mining in that department as well. Sure Soulcasting exists but that was considered the expensive option and wasn't the standard that was used. The biggest issue though with Roshar and metal deposits is that Highstorms and Crem over time change the geography itself but we don't know to what extent